Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

12 hours ago, Ran said:

Some more impressions, with an added note that quest designer Pawel Sasko (who has been a great emissary for CDPR, talking to fans via his Twitch livestreams) is part of the group moving to the US base of operations for CDPR with the intention of starting work on a CP2077 sequel.

It's been noted that Sasko misspoke when discussing the new car theft gigs, claiming it was Mama Welles who was assigning then. Per CDPR, it's Wakako who gives those missions and has the car market.

ETA: Another preview, explicit about the fact that Phantom Liberty is basically a new main story quest hub, like the Rogue and Panam/Nomad stories, and like those it will add new endings to the story. Another video I just saw had the guy asking the devs if players should start new characters and get them levelled up to a certain point so they can launch into the DLC immediately, and apparently the devs encourage a completely fresh start because of how wide-ranging the system updates are. 

So, September 26th,.new sword-slinging street kid V for me.

Edited by Ran

Very excited for this as well. I was very likely going to do a new start anyway so that works well, but I'll have to pick a build to use. 

Will probably use the appearance from either my first or favourite V though rather than doing a new one again.

Might be finally time to pick up this game now that the new update is apparently improving lots of stuff to the base game as well

Though if I can't run this at least 70-100fps, it's probably not worth it. Anything less than that makes FPS games unplayable to me

Edited by Raja

22 hours ago, karaddin said:

Very excited for this as well. I was very likely going to do a new start anyway so that works well, but I'll have to pick a build to use. 

I was gonna leave my current playthrough alone, but now...I kinda wanna go and enjoy it before the new DLC changes it all. 

20 hours ago, Raja said:

Though if I can't run this at least 70-100fps, it's probably not worth it. Anything less than that makes FPS games unplayable to me

It depends on what your setup is like.  There's a lot of benchmarking videos out there that give a sense of how it performs on various Nvidia and AMD cards, at various resolutions and settings. 

A look at Dogtown's Black Market with Pawel Sasko, with some little details about the sorts of things you can find there, followed by an interview with Keanu about the game, Johnny, and Dogtown's boss Kurt Hansen.

Apparently they're adding more Trauma Team to the game, and a Trauma Team arcade game like the Roach one.

A few fans asking if they're planning to add REO Meatwagon to the game (Trauma Team's budget rival from the tabletop game who used to try to poach their clients, leading to massive gun battles between the two corps, often obliterating the would-be client in the crossfire), and sadly it sounds not. Maybe something for the sequel?

On 6/14/2023 at 8:52 AM, Werthead said:

This was a lot of fun on Saturday.

Lol the mic struggling after the drop. Nice accompaniment from some of the crowd though!

ETA: That's what I get for going back to the first tweet, the one in the second holds up better on the audio front

Edited by karaddin

The game director has confirmed on a video that depending on how things go in Phantom Liberty, a new ending for the game will become an option. Most have reported it as a supposition or a guess based on what reps told them, but I think he's the first to flatly put it out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Running CP77 at 4K with raytracing on and everything at max/psycho is certainly an experience.

Unfortunately it looks like "everything at absolutely maximum" makes the game unstable because there's very few builds that can handle it. So blitzing around with everything turned up to max and never dropping below 90fps is cool, but the game also crashes within 20 minutes of doing that. Switching off raytracing immediately solves that problem, or you can move everything else down a notch. To be honest, from between-crashing testing, raytracing looks utterly fantastic in very narrow situations (particularly indoors or at night with moody lighting coming in) but otherwise it can look off, mainly because it's too good, pursuing 100% realism meaning it sometimes leaves areas in utter darkness where there's loot or quest stuff there. Without RT, the game's default lighting scheme does a good enough job of pointing you where you need to go.

You can also DLSS it to get raytracing without the crashing, and it does look pretty damn good.

17 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

What makes dlss ray tracing less crashy?

Since you render at a lower resolution and then upscale, the raytracing process takes place on fewer total pixels. It sounds like some sort of memory issue, and may well be something that gets fixed up in the update.

Looking in hardcore tech forums, people have solved it by lowering their clock speed or forcing certain options through outside software, all of which made me feel it's probably better to wait to see if a fix comes up. I have zero plans to play the game properly again this side of Phantom Liberty anyway.

• 1 month later...

There'll be a new gameplay trailer or something for Phantom Liberty during Gamescom Opening Night, or so I've heard:

There's also an official REDstream at at the CDPRProjektRed  Twitch on the 24th, 4Pm CEST, no doubt with a deal more Phantom Liberty stuff.