How is the weather out there?

LongRider

The weather app on my phone is showing today's high 98 degrees F and the next nine days 100 degrees or over!  Forecasting 110 F or over for the weekend!  :devil:    ugh  Then over 100 F for the rest of the forecast.    Gawd I hope this doesn't pan out and the temps are cooler that forecast.  

It seems to be too hot for the birds to fly and peck around for food.  On the run between home and library, at the landscape museum the pigeons were lined up on the iron fence around it which is in heavy shade from the trees.  They were just perching, doing nothing.  Pigeons don't do nothing: they fly, they look for food, try to have sex, etc.  Other birds were on the ground, splashing in the many earthenware water containers spread among the trees and plants.  We have many straight ahead days of this They say.

Edited by Zorral

I’ve seen some birds on hot days here sit in the shade with their beaks open and holding their wings away from their bodies.  They look like they are trying to dissipate body heat.  Poor little buggers. 

Swampy. Humidex been hitting 38C for a while now. And rain. So much rain. We coulda used that when the province was on fire not too long ago!

Worst part is this type of weather brings out earwigs *shudders*. I was deadheading some plants on the deck, and one popped out. I ran away. I washed my hands in the downstairs bog this morning, grabbed the towel: earwigs. It's still sitting in the shower where I threw it and ran away. This falls under Mr. Tyr's part of the chores under "gross stuff". 

Was in the mid 80s (f) today.  A little warmer than I'd like for walking 9 at golf league, but when I was a kid 40 years ago, we'd hit 100F here at least once a summer.  

Was also a little bit hazy, probably those Canuck arsonists at it again.

Tomorrow looks like a wash out though.

latest conservative conspiracy theory making the rounds of the comment sections of assorted weather/climate articles:

'The Canadian wildfires are the work of liberal activists attempting to support the climate change hoax.'

These people are completely serious about this.

8 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

'The Canadian wildfires are the work of liberal activists attempting to support the climate change hoax.'

Frooking Jewish Space Lazers at it again, I see.  Seriously though, the nutcases are more dangerous than the wildfires.  And the wildfires are horrible!

Not hot, just normal summer temps, lots of rain off-and-on They Say (not yet though), and Green/Good AQI -- excellent afternoon - early evening to spend at the Met and with the Ballet Hispanico.  These days can no longer be taken for granted so I shall appreciate this one maximumly.

It’s the second 35C day in a row. Mind melting. Of course I’m drenched in sweat ten times a day regardless of the outdoor temperature because of my lovely hot flashes :lmao: so what am I even complaining about. We are supposed to have a “cool” wave early next week and it will drop to 28-29c. Can’t wait. 

Rain. Rain.  More rain.  Flood warnings, tornado watches, since last night and until tomorrow night.  Still quite warm though. And of course, humidity off the hook.  Are we turning into monsoon country?

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

Rain. Rain.  More rain.  Flood warnings, tornado watches, since last night and until tomorrow night.  Still quite warm though. And of course, humidity off the hook.  Are we turning into monsoon country?

Well, did the rain at least get rid of the smoke?

That said, I am seeing increasing conservative hostility on articles that give basic weather updates and warnings - like 'temperatures of 110 expected for the next week. Stay hydrated.' They are literally calling this 'fake news.'

8 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Well, did the rain at least get rid of the smoke?

We've had decent AQI for the last few days, as the smoke wasn't blowing our way, but that of others'.  But I am seeing that the smoke plumes will likely turn our way again tomorrow night.  Sigh.

However with heat and humidity - Wednesday (over 90° and crazy crazy humidity back on July 5th, a dear friend had a 4 hour academic coaching session (called for some reason Hot Metal Bridge), for underprivileged but gifted students. Small, airless room, though a/c, but she didn't drink anything.  When she got to the bus stop to return home, she started feeling woozy.  She tried to drink a Pepsi -- which is the wrong thing evidently with heat stroke and passed out on the cement.  Passersby called EMS, and she was in the hospital for 8 hours before they let her go home.  She's still not entirely recovered.

Partner was also in the hospital that day having an elective procedure that knocked him out. But he came home in an a/ced Lyft, to enter the a/ced apartment, so he was fine.

Edited by Zorral

39 minutes ago, LongRider said:

There is good air conditioning in my house, but I haven't been outside for any length of time in days.   :frown5:

Same here for almost all month, between the bad air and the weather and the temperatures.

Long heat wave summers are no fun.   I hope we don’t get any wildfires nearby, still early in the season yet.   
Glad climate change is just a hoax. Would hate to see the real thing.   /s