How is the weather out there?

LongRider

It's OK. Our Mayor has decided the city no longer needs to think about massive snowfalls and is cancelling the budgets that deal with it.  

BTW the last time the city had a massive snowfall he got the hella out of dodge and went to the Virgin Islands, while the city choked.  I wasn't here for it, being elsewhere.  (Why the hell is is east coast politicos including the Bidens think the Virgin Islands are where to go in winter -- it's not even the Caribbean geographically speaking -- but speaking, o ya, English is spoken there, so there ya go.)

• 2 weeks later...

Snow. Effing snow.

Ty, when I said, I wanted snow fr my birthday, I meant cocaine, not actual snow. You and bloody weather controlling space laser. Well, you have till monday to fix that and deliver the coke (don't you dare to show with a bottle of coke zero or something).

Since I LOVE to cross-country ski, I wouldn't mind snow around here, but we've been getting nothing but flurries that don't stick, rain, rain, more rain, and now sleet.  

5 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

We definitely have snow now!  Downside is that it's freakin' zero out.  When my cross-country skis come, I'll have to bundle up so heavily that my snow angels will look like crop circles.  :(  

You enjoy that? Downhill all the way. 

No snow really in Minny, but it's fucking cold as shit. I wanted to work on my car a bit, but I'm not even taking out the garbage and recycling in this. 

@Mr. Chatywin et al. Since the nearest hill (ha!) is hours away from me in this vast flatland of Michigan, I settle for cross-country.  

Besides, all my loved ones are afraid that I'll shoot my eye out, or something like that, if I go back to downhill at my advanced years.  Pooh!  

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The U.P./ Wisky border

Last week it was running the snowblower week, this week its pretty much facemask week as the temps have dived and are not going above 9°F for highs all week sub zero out this A.M.

Got to -18°F with a windchill of -30 to -40 on Saturday. I've been keeping my sinks dripping just in case and running the heater at higher than usual temp to make sure stuff that shouldn't freeze won't. My gas/electric bill will be something this month. And I've had some hefty snow drifts to deal with in the driveway.

Parts of the North West Territories are seeing -49 today, which is -56.2 F, and with the wind chill it’s -57, or -70 F.

Edmonton, Alberta saw -43 at the airport, -45 F (-50 is the crossing point for C and F), -53 with the wind chill (-63 F). A lot of flights got cancelled, the equipment was too cold to run.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

-53 with the wind chill (-63 F).

That is cold!

All my friends and family from AZ to TX, from CO, NE, to ND to IL are way colder than I am.

And I too am below freezing.