NBA - the King passes Cap, but his team are still crap.

BigFatCoward

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, that's just a lack of imagination on your part as well as a poor understanding of history.  Luka may be younger than most superstars that were traded, but brass tacks is salary and how long the receiving team controls the player.  THAT'S what matters in trades.  Any trades.

In that regard, there are plenty of comparable examples.  Acting like Luka is especially different when some of the greatest players in NBA history have been traded when they're at such a level is, again, comical.  Let alone recent examples like AD -- who undoubtedly was valued comparatively to Luka in most ways other than being a few years older.  Hate bringing up AD, cuz I'm sure you'll nitpick that to death as well in myriad dumbass ways, but that's the fact of the matter.

You mean like how Luka has three years of control as of now whereas AD had one and said he was not resigning? So not the same, plus Luka is younger, better, less injury prone and he's shown that on his own he can lead an otherwise average team deeper into the playoffs than AD ever did when he was in NO. That's not nitpicking, it's definitive. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You mean like how Luka has three years of control as of now whereas AD had one and said he was not resigning? So not the same, plus Luka is younger, better, less injury prone and he's shown that on his own he can lead an otherwise average team deeper into the playoffs than AD ever did when he was in NO. That's not nitpicking, it's definitive. 

LOL, it's really quite sad you'll never grow up.  Keep on keeping on with your classic, pathetic, goal post moving ways -- that I explicitly tried to preempt!   Instead of just admitting the simple fact you were wrong in your assertion that Luka CANNOT be traded any time soon.  Because it's obvious that's not necessarily true - and recent history tells us that usually isn't the case.

46 minutes ago, DMC said:

LOL, it's really quite sad you'll never grow up.  Keep on keeping on with your classic, pathetic, goal post moving ways -- that I explicitly tried to preempt!   Instead of just admitting the simple fact you were wrong in your assertion that Luka CANNOT be traded any time soon.  Because it's obvious that's not necessarily true - and recent history tells us that usually isn't the case.

Your selective reading is quite staggering. 

Also, not sure you're in any position to tell someone to grow up. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your selective reading is quite staggering. 

Also, not sure you're in any position to tell someone to grow up. :rolleyes:

To anyone that thinks Luka "can't" be traded because of his extension?  Absolutely I am!  Because you have no logical argument to back up your case.  Just obfuscating and unfounded conjecture, as always.

39 minutes ago, DMC said:

To anyone that thinks Luka "can't" be traded because of his extension?  Absolutely I am!  Because you have no logical argument to back up your case.  Just obfuscating and unfounded conjecture, as always.

I said he can't be traded because you cannot offer 10 first round picks for him. There are limitations to any negotiation by league rules and because of that there is basically nothing that can be offered for Luka that wouldn't also need to both break the current system and also destroy the team you traded him to. 

But note, I also said they do have to trade him if he goes nuclear, which gets to my initial point again that this could be very interesting. Funny how you just keep glossing over that. Idk what exactly would happen if he demanded a trade this offseason, but the fair guess is it would be possibly the most messy thing the league has seen in a while to say the least.

Stupid Bulls keep on winning.  Beat Memphis yesterday.  They're ruining everything!

Magic, also, have now won 6 of 8 and are putting themselves further out of the chances for a top 4 pick.  I don't mind that as much though.  This team is pretty cool when everyone's healthy, and I'm happy to just let them grow.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Stupid Bulls keep on winning.  Beat Memphis yesterday.  They're ruining everything!

Bulls were down 23 in the 2nd quarter and won by 21. Pretty crazy turnaround. But yeah, they’ve actually heated up a little towards the end here and have basically locked up a play-in game. 

Dallas is waving the white flag, saying Luka will just play for the first quarter. My previous comments aside, I really thought they'd be a top tier team in the West this year if they could acquire someone who actually made sense fit wise as the two between Luka and Woods. Maybe they never could have got KD, but Jaylen Brown if he clearly wanted out that badly? Or imagine Luka and Bam, odd as that trade suggestion sounds. Getting Kyrie was always fool's gold and that trash pit organization deserves it. 

The Mavs can very realistically still win this game. The Bulls are atrocious at winning games they're supposed to, and I haven't disliked a roster more since like 2000. They'll have playing 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. Two orgs that are truly suffering.

edit: I wrote that when the Mavs were up by 7 in the 4th. My god, that last quarter was absolutely embarrassing for the sport. Kidd put in the very worst five he could - and good on those guys for trying - while the Bulls "won" the game. Respect to Houston tonight for actually putting on some effort despite this horse shit playin not helping tanking whatsoever (oh good  they wait til the last three games? barf).

Archived