NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

43 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Pollard is a lead back in TODAY'S NFL. The years of Emmitt Smith going for 100 yards and a TD are mostly over. Nowadays a RB will get like 60-70 yards rushing and 30-40 yards receiving. Other than Christian McCaffrey, that's exactly what the top backs in the league have done so far.  The Giants game Pollard rushed 14 times for 70 yards and 2 TD's. That's a 5 yard average. Dowdle ran 6 for 24 yards and Vaughn 6 times for 8 yards. The Jets game was a different story as the Jets are supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league. Pollard: 25 attepts for 72 yards, 2.9 avg. Dowdle: 7 for 26 yds. Vaughn: 3 for 16 as he finally was able to not just run into the backs of the offensive linemen. One thing to point out: Tyler Smith has not played yet at LG and an undrafted rookie has replaced him  journeyman Chuma Edoga has replaced him.

As for Gilmore, according to PFF he's been average. I'd be worried if Trevon diggs wasn't ranked 6th and DaRon Bland 13th in the league.

Underlined part  IMO, McCaffery, Chubb, Bijan, Henry are lead backs. The rest are people who are poor mans RB1

Bolded    And now he has been replaced also, elbow injury. Doesn't sound too serious, Tyler Smith may return this week.

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

The talking heads everywhere are all agog with love for the Cowboys, but I'm not quite ready to anoint them (you want to crown them?  CROWN THEM!!!!) after two wins over the New York teams.  They go on the road to Arizona and then host the Pats before the Niners come to town in week 5.

So I fully expect them to continue putting up gaudy numbers the next two weeks.  Then we shall see what things look like in week 5.

If you think we don't know what's coming you are sorely mistaken.  They have had Dallas number for a while. Hopefully both teams go into it relatively healthy so it's a fair fight with no excuses.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

If you think we don't know what's coming you are sorely mistaken.  They have had Dallas number for a while. Hopefully both teams go into it relatively healthy so it's a fair fight with no excuses.

I'm not saying that Dallas doesn't know what's coming.

I'm saying that the first four opponents really don't tell us anything about Dallas.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:05 AM, dbunting said:

The def, looks good but I am not sold on Gilmore. 

On 9/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, Trebla said:

As for Gilmore, according to PFF he's been average. I'd be worried if Trevon diggs wasn't ranked 6th and DaRon Bland 13th in the league.

Time to worry and pray for Gilmore, Diggs tore his ACL and is out for the year.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Time to worry and pray for Gilmore, Diggs tore his ACL and is out for the year.

Sigh, yep. It's Bland and Gilmore on the outside and Jourdan Lewis now mans the nickel. That also means that former Dolphin  Noah Igbinoghene will have to play some significant time now.  He was traded straight up for fellow bust Kelvin Joseph. At least Muuamu returned a blocked kick for a TD against the G-Men. I also wouldn't doubt that safety Israel Mukuamu slides over to corner like he did last year after they lost Anthony Brown and Lewis for the season. While I don't think the sky is completely falling now, it does mean that the pass rush is even more important now.

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

Sigh, yep. It's Bland and Gilmore on the outside and Jourdan Lewis now mans the nickel. That also means that former Dolphin  Noah Igbinoghene will have to play some significant time now.  He was traded straight up for fellow bust Kelvin Joseph. At least Muuamu returned a blocked kick for a TD against the G-Men. I also wouldn't doubt that safety Israel Mukuamu slides over to corner like he did last year after they lost Anthony Brown and Lewis for the season. While I don't think the sky is completely falling now, it does mean that the pass rush is even more important now.

Sad thing is he's really improved. When he broke out a few seasons ago the advanced statistics for him were actually not very good. He got a lot of Ints, but also gave up a shit ton of big plays. Lately he's been ghosting everyone he's covered. I heard a few stats that suggest he was becoming the next Revis.

Death, taxes and Danny Dimes playing more games than TDs thrown. Damn if I was a gambler I'd bet the unders on his passing stats. $40M a year for that trash. 

I'm sorry @Ramsay B., there's always the Mets and Yankees. Oh, wait. 

:P

12 hours ago, Trebla said:

Yep, Mukuamu was a corner in college and we are pretty deep there so he will be in the CB rotation now. The good thing is Bland spent a lot of training camp at outside CB just in case of this very thing.

35 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Captain Andrew Luck rides again!  LOL

You really have to appreciate that he's cool leaning into the joke. I still love this meme of him and RG3.

Edited by Tywin et al.

8 hours ago, Quijote Light said:

Andrew Luck showed up at the last night’s post game on field wrap up in a civil war uniform. That is all. 

https://twitter.com/NFLonPrime/status/1705072165022769478

https://x.com/captandrewluck/status/1705230999230288254?s=46&t=q3qEtSbkSoutm2uzooA_0Q

He’s back!  Squirrrel oil and all!!!

Not a good first couple weeks for the top QB draft picks all of whom started immediately.

Young, out 1-2 weeks and getting abused every game

Richardson out with self reported concussion, of course no one else noticed the symptoms, great job NFL team spotters

Stroud, while healthy, is taking a beating as well. I think 11 sacks already, just asking to add him to this list

Stroud so far looks the best.  Gotta feel for these guys getting thrown to the wolves with no o-lines. 

I will never understand why a team runs a long draw one foot away from the endzone instead of a QB sneak. I'd fire any coach who can't figure this out. 

ETA: I'd also fire a coach for that insanity. How the fuck can you go for it with the lead that deep on your side of the field?

Edited by Tywin et al.