NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I wonder if Giants are ever gonna score this year? 

Tywin edit: Hey fuck you, buddy!

I turned it off already. They’re shockingly bad.

Love you too. Is Dobbs outplaying Jones your first cuckold experience? 

15 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Not even close.

Hey, at least the Jets also suck!

Banner year for NY sport teams. I didn't think much of either football team, but the Yanks and Mets sucking was a surprise. So much money set on fire for nothing. 

ETA: Turn it back on, they're alive!!!

Edited by Tywin et al.

10 minutes ago, aceluby said:

So has the Wilson trade taken the mantle as the worst in history yet?

Nah, and as Vikings fans we can't talk shit here. But it was odd that they paid him right away when they didn't have to.

8 minutes ago, aceluby said:

So has the Wilson trade taken the mantle as the worst in history yet?

I think the Trey Lance trade has that distinction. SF traded three 1st rounders and got a 4th in return from Dallas.

Speaking of Dallas:

Cowboys: 70

City of New York: 10

Dallas final score looks good but I'm still not happy. Been saying it all off season that Pollard is not a lead back. He isn't doing very well and is getting out played by Dowdle and an Oompa Loompa.  I hope I'm wrong and he figures it out. Of course I have to keep telling myself they were playing the Jets and they have a legit top 5 defense. 

The def, looks good but I am not sold on Gilmore. He seems to be playing off too far and has been beaten more often than I expected given his reputation.  The pass rush, IMO, is making the secondary look better than they are.

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

Dallas final score looks good but I'm still not happy. Been saying it all off season that Pollard is not a lead back. He isn't doing very well and is getting out played by Dowdle and an Oompa Loompa.  I hope I'm wrong and he figures it out. Of course I have to keep telling myself they were playing the Jets and they have a legit top 5 defense. 

The def, looks good but I am not sold on Gilmore. He seems to be playing off too far and has been beaten more often than I expected given his reputation.  The pass rush, IMO, is making the secondary look better than they are.

Pollard is a lead back in TODAY'S NFL. The years of Emmitt Smith going for 100 yards and a TD are mostly over. Nowadays a RB will get like 60-70 yards rushing and 30-40 yards receiving. Other than Christian McCaffrey, that's exactly what the top backs in the league have done so far.  The Giants game Pollard rushed 14 times for 70 yards and 2 TD's. That's a 5 yard average. Dowdle ran 6 for 24 yards and Vaughn 6 times for 8 yards. The Jets game was a different story as the Jets are supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league. Pollard: 25 attepts for 72 yards, 2.9 avg. Dowdle: 7 for 26 yds. Vaughn: 3 for 16 as he finally was able to not just run into the backs of the offensive linemen. One thing to point out: Tyler Smith has not played yet at LG and an undrafted rookie has replaced him  journeyman Chuma Edoga has replaced him.

As for Gilmore, according to PFF he's been average. I'd be worried if Trevon diggs wasn't ranked 6th and DaRon Bland 13th in the league.

Edited by Trebla

The talking heads everywhere are all agog with love for the Cowboys, but I'm not quite ready to anoint them (you want to crown them?  CROWN THEM!!!!) after two wins over the New York teams.  They go on the road to Arizona and then host the Pats before the Niners come to town in week 5.

So I fully expect them to continue putting up gaudy numbers the next two weeks.  Then we shall see what things look like in week 5.