NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Guns N' Roses got into the Rock and Roll HoF off the success of one album. Likewise RBs should get in for a dominate period. Otherwise almost no one at the position will ever get in while okay QBs will because they can be compilers. 

And the solution is obvious, but will never happen: end the salary cap and the draft. 

The ROCK hall of fame also had Dolly Parton so I give zero fucking weight to the comparison.

7 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The ROCK hall of fame also had Dolly Parton so I give zero fucking weight to the comparison.

There are artists from a number of genres in it. So what? If you're going to be a hardliner about HoFs how many baseball players will ever meet the traditional standards again? 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

There are artists from a number of genres in it. So what? If you're going to be a hardliner about HoFs how many baseball players will ever meet the traditional standards again? 

You referenced a rock band being in the Rock HOF, I said, that same HOF has a country singer, not to mention the Rap, R&B, pop artists, so using it's standards of entry as a comparison makes no sense.

As to your 2nd question

Miguel Cabrera, Albert Pulhols, Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw to name a few. Maybe Verlander, Scherzer.  

We need one more owner for the Fantasy Football Dynasty league.  You basically would be taking over a brand new team with no Keepers.  So opportunity to build a new team.  Draft is Friday and we can't draft without one more person, so if you have any interest or just want to draft another team and we can find a new owner next year, please look at the Dynasty Football league thread in the Forum Games or message me and I can invite you.

Still need one more for Dynasty.  Even if you can just draft and then I can transfer the team to another email and we just put in the highest scoring roster each week based on Yahoo.  We can't draft with one team auto-drafting an auction.

So anyone just want to help out and draft a team?  It would be a brand new team with almost a full budget, so you could basically do whatever you want.

Draft is Friday at 9:30pm as of right now, but could change to next week and we skip week 1 if we don't find someone.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fuck, for that much money they should have traded him before the draft. 

I’m not looking forward to the salary cap Olympics that are about to happen; but this is another reason why Brock Purdy is so valuable. Even on his rookie deal, Lance made too much money to make this work.

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

I’m not looking forward to the salary cap Olympics that are about to happen; but this is another reason why Brock Purdy is so valuable. Even on his rookie deal, Lance made too much money to make this work.

Sucks when your draft picks actually work out and you have to pay them! Dallas is in the middle of a bunch of them and have Parsons and Lamb due next plus Dak looming again, running out of cheap players.

50 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Sucks when your draft picks actually work out and you have to pay them! Dallas is in the middle of a bunch of them and have Parsons and Lamb due next plus Dak looming again, running out of cheap players.

So very true.  SF was fortunate to hit on some mid round gems like Kittle, but eventually it catches up to you.

One last ditch effort (until next week if this does not work).  We just need one owner to draft.  No long term commitment.  Right after the draft, I will switch the league to a generic email (or we can do that before and you just login) and then I will edit the lineups during the season based on Yahoo projected points.

So if anyone has time Friday for one last draft, please consider helping us out!!

(This is for the Dynasty league - so post in there if you can help)

^^^ 

Step up @Rhom. It's not like we're asking you to be okay with baby velociraptors flying out of your ass.  

Though that would be fun to film if you're trying to make a few side bucks. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

Fuck yes. 

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1699942139960905781?s=46&t=S9IqtHPqFubF4uuPMeayuA

ETA: not letting the tweet come through. It’s Burrow agreeing new deal.

I don’t want to hear “cash poor” or “poverty franchise” ever again. That’s A LOT of guaranteed money. 

I would have preferred longer than 5 years, but I’m still super happy they got it done. 

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I don’t want to hear “cash poor” or “poverty franchise” ever again. That’s A LOT of guaranteed money. 

I would have preferred longer than 5 years, but I’m still super happy they got it done. 

It’s a 5 year extension. We have him through 2029. That’s a long time.

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

You'll still hear it. :P

Not sure the length really matters. He'll have a new deal in a few years anyways. 

Anyways, the Lions look good.