US Politics: Be Careful Out There

Fragile Bird

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I want to read the indictment just to know what name they will be charging him under.  Anthony Devolder, George Santos, or Anthony Zabrovksy? 

34 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The pleading I saw said “George Anthony Devolder Santos”… if that is his name…

Has he claimed he's an alien lifeform and/or a deity yet?

Jenna Ellis is missing, election workers' lawyers in defamation case against Rudy Giuliani claim

Former Donald Trump attorney Jenna Ellis has maintained an active presence on social media, often tweeting in support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and conservative causes.

But lawyers representing two Georgia election workers in a defamation case against Rudy Giuliani say Ellis, who is a witness in the case, is nowhere to be found.

Ruby Freeman and her daughter Wandrea “Shaye” Moss are suing Giuliani on allegations that the former New York City mayor, who also served as a Trump attorney, spread conspiracy theories about the election that led to threats of violence.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2659988472/

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The pleading I saw said “George Anthony Devolder Santos”… if that is his name…

How about, "Defrauder and murderer of dogs!"  If anything will ever rile up [some of] These jerkwaddie 'voters', it's treating doggies badly.  Not killing babies and children, of course, and pregnant women -- but O NOES! the poor doggy!

Edited by Zorral

One interesting Santos-related question is which lawyer he selects, and what legal strategy. 

A plea deal would be his best option, but that would require resigning sooner.  Going to trial would allow him to serve out his term, which I'm sure "my Kevin" would prefer.  I'm not a criminal lawyer, but I strongly suspect a favorable plea deal would be his best bet as a "first time offender" in minimizing jail time.

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh stop. Be happy you get the Tyreek revenge game in Frankfurt. Sorry about the Colts-Pats game though. 

:huh: 

I assume this is about the NFL and some game they play over here for promotion reasons.

But Tuberville wasn't an NFL coach, was he? Thought he only coached at college level.

This is so confusing. This is more confusing than a Floridian with a college education.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

44 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

:huh: 

I assume this is about the NFL and some game they play over here for promotion reasons.

But Tuberville wasn't an NFL coach, was he? Thought he only coached at college level.

This is so confusing. This is more confusing than a Floridian with a college education.

You call this confusing? Don't ever ask me to understand lower levels of European football again! 

And I just got interviewed by an FBI agent, which was actually rather fun. Pretty sure he liked me a lot.

Edited by Tywin et al.

I just learned a tragic fact.  The lead that makes up heads etc. of bullets -- when they enter the body, even if the wound(s) isn't/aren't lethal, the bullet head shatters, into the most miniscule bits, that cannot be removed.  Thus the victim of the shooting becomes a victim of lead poisoning.  Women who have received and survived these wounds are told not to have children for they will not be able to carry the fetus to term.

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I just learned a tragic fact.  The lead that makes up heads etc. of bullets -- when they enter the body, even if the wound(s) isn't/aren't lethal, the bullet head shatters, into the most miniscule bits, that cannot be removed.  Thus the victim of the shooting becomes a victim of lead poisoning.  Women who have received and survived these wounds are told not to have children for they will not be able to carry the fetus to term.

This is inaccurate. There may be specific bullet types that do this, but it’s certainly not all. 

Not a gun expert, but that depends on the kinda bullets you use. 

You have the kinda bullets you describe, which have a higher stopping power and you have the bullets that go through the target.

Afaik, the bullets that shatter and stay in the target are right now the preferred ones, because it minimizes the risk of stray bullets exiting your targets body and injuring bystanders.

Probably a topic our gun owners are more familiar with. 

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger