Targaryen Stratagem

4 hours ago, James West said:

George R. R. Martin has carefully kept the western seas a secret.  There is something on that side of the planet that Daenerys needs to see.  It could be an island where the survivors of the winter can migrate to.  I don't know exactly but it is important enough for Qaithe to expend her energies to communicate.  Qaithe waited all this time for Daenerys and I don't think it is without cost to Qaithe herself.  The message is so important that the woman kept herself alive to deliver to Daenerys.  The Targaryen fleet will arrive somewhere on the west coast of Westeros.  The biggest obstacle to the throne are the Lannisters and have to be dealt with first.  

He has also stated there is another continent to the west of Westeros. So unless Dany is going to travel through or around it, it ain’t happening.

1 hour ago, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

He has also stated there is another continent to the west of Westeros. So unless Dany is going to travel through or around it, it ain’t happening.

I am rereading Fire and Blood right now. Just read the Elissa Farman sailing west chapter. I love the unknown component of this. What is out there ? Was it her ship that Corlys Velaryon saw when he sailed East ?

Following her voyage across the Sunset Sea, would make a great Dunk and Egg style of story. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Sword said:

I am rereading Fire and Blood right now. Just read the Elissa Farman sailing west chapter. I love the unknown component of this. What is out there ? Was it her ship that Corlys Velaryon saw when he sailed East ?

Following her voyage across the Sunset Sea, would make a great Dunk and Egg style of story. 

Possibly. I really don’t like her though. She straight up abandons her brother to take the fall for what she did, and how does she know the Targs don’t kill her family for stealing the eggs. 

Id love a story following some Westerosi explorer, once the main series, D&E, and Fire & Blood are finished.

4 minutes ago, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

Possibly. I really don’t like her though. She straight up abandons her brother to take the fall for what she did, and how does she know the Targs don’t kill her family for stealing the eggs. 

Id love a story following some Westerosi explorer, once the main series, D&E, and Fire & Blood are finished.

I do see how/why that you and others would not like her. She did steal the eggs, so her moral compass is off. Yet, in ASOIAF, so is everyone else.

I'm not quite as hard on her. Her one brother was a complete dud and murdered a bunch of people, the other hated her, so I don't feel too bad for them. I look at her as not really ever being able to do what she wants as she was at the whim of others(Queen in the west...then East) most of her life.

She saw her chance and she took it. She had a set of balls on her to not only come up with the plan, but also to execute it.

The adventure that followed is EPIC though. I tip my cap to her resolve and courage. Plus it is the unexplored areas we don't know about that I find fascinating.

I would be just as happy to see another explore the area. Seems like it would be a whole lot easier with a dragon. Or if a Capitan of a ship could warg a bird to scout the area. That would be a good read. 

The strategy will be technically brilliant.  The Targaryen Armada will arrive and land at a well chosen location.  Daenerys will experience surprise too.  She will find a starving Westeros defenders who are on its last strength fighting the Others.  She and her Armada will arrive just in the nick of time to save enough of the people to repopulate and rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Quoth the raven, said:

The strategy will be technically brilliant.  The Targaryen Armada will arrive and land at a well chosen location.  Daenerys will experience surprise too.  She will find a starving Westeros defenders who are on its last strength fighting the Others.  She and her Armada will arrive just in the nick of time to save enough of the people to repopulate and rebuild. 

That sounds pretty Targaryen. Letting everyone else do the real heroic shit, then swoop in and subjugate everyone left.

But that ain’t happening. Dany is destined to be a major player in the War for the Dawn. If she isn’t AAR herself, she still will be a major player.

14 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Dragonstone fits because the Heir would normally start there. Dany is the Heir. The climate agrees with her dragons. And it is between Essos and Westeros. 

Exactly, Dragonstone is so central to the Targs story. It is by far the most logical landing spot imo. Strategically and historically.

On 5/14/2023 at 8:56 PM, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

Wow this was a legitimate topic and discussion until the last paragraph, which was utter fanfiction. 

Had us in the first half at least..

Which will have the dragons,  Unsullied, Dothraki Khalasars, Ironborn, Sellsword Companies, and soldiers in training who will follow their Mhysa to Westeros.  Jorah, Victarion, Greyworm, Belwas, and Barristan will be on this trip. Skahaz and his Brazen Beasts will stay in Meereen to keep the peace. 

I think this is a stretch. Or rather, a romanticized idea that everything will go smoothly for Daenerys after she deals with the slavers in Meereen and Volantis. I'd be surprised if all of these advisors will survive the next book. Does Tyrion fit into this at all? And I also doubt that these newly acquired armies, who come from different cultures and lifestyles, will all get along and decide together that they're going to give up pillaging for good.

I need a few explanations on the last paragraph though.. How is Arya going to set off the Wildfire? Where is the evidence that Bran controls the Whites? Why would she be battling "Jon's" Wildlings?

I'm also getting tired of the "Daenerys is going to swoop in and save the day because she's the savior" anthem. From now on, that station no longer tunes in on my radio. There has already been a lot of work, sacrifice, and lives lost to acquiring more information about The Others. I feel like the work that certain characters have already put in gets swept under the rug while we place too much emphasis on the AA alone.

Edited by Ser Arthurs Dawn

On 5/15/2023 at 5:45 AM, The hairy bear said:

King's Landing doesn't get his food supplies by sea. They are get it from the Reach and the Riverlands, so the transport is made by road.

Winter has come.  The productivity of agriculture throughout Westeros will be severely reduced.  The only source of food will come by sea from Essos. 

From the Free Cities they receive basically luxuries: Myrish Lace, Volantene Glass,... So a sea block may annoy some nobles and ruin a few merchants, but starving King's Landing is not really feasible.

I don't agree with your opinion.  Blocking the sea is enough to starve King's Landing because of the reduced capacity of the land to produce food. 

Still, it's still very nicely placed as a base of opperation, and from a propaganda perspective retaking the ancestral Targaryen seat it'd be a powerful move.

Of late, I've seen a few posters suggesting that the explosion of the wildfire that Aerys left buried may obliterate King's Landing. I don't think that's the case.

It can happen if Arya gets angry enough to send the inhabitants of the city to their graves.  Though I think you may be right that the whole of city will not explode.  The major parts but places like Flea Bottom and the like will not explode.  The danger is the spread of fire. 

We know that the placing of the jars was done "in the utmost secrecy by a handful of master pyromancers. They did not even trust their own acolytes to help." So they couldn't place a huge amount of wildfire, specially outside the Red Keep. We also know that the cache that is discovered under the Dragonpit was only of about 300 jars. For comparison, in the battle of the Backwater Tyrion used 10,000 jars.

So I don't think it's reasonable to expect an explosion capable of destroying the whole city. If Aerys had managed to make all the wildfire explode, he may have managed to bring down the Red Keep and the Great Sept, kill a few hundreds of citizens, and create a few fires. But that would be it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 10:02 AM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Arya gets angry enough

Wait isn't this ASOIAF? How does Arya getting angry enough have anything to do with her knowing how to make wildfire explode?

Even if she did, is she suicidal enough to set off wildfire while she might get caught up with it? This one is sheer hypothetical though, nothing shows Arya knows how to operate wildfire. Nor does a career as a Faceless Man look like it points to wildfire, since WMDs are kinda against the FMs' whole philosophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 5:47 AM, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

Arya burning King’s Landing holds as much water & weight as Daenerys going mad at the end.

It doesn’t. There is nothing to back it up, no matter how many times you people try to speak it into existence.

It's worse. Dany burning down parts of KL and accidentally lighting the wildfire is a viable scenario.

However, Arya burning KL... she doesn't even know about the wildfire, how the hell would she do it? What would even prompt her to commit such an act?

On 7/2/2023 at 1:30 PM, csuszka1948 said:

It's worse. Dany burning down parts of KL and accidentally lighting the wildfire is a viable scenario.

However, Arya burning KL... she doesn't even know about the wildfire, how the hell would she do it? What would even prompt her to commit such an act?

Arya is an insane person obsessed with death, revenge, and destruction.  Arya is a thousand times more likely to burn down King's Landing. 

24 minutes ago, Bowen 747 said:

Arya is an insane person obsessed with death, revenge, and destruction.  Arya is a thousand times more likely to burn down King's Landing. 

Arya is a thousand times less likely to burn down KL because she doesn't know about the wildfire caches. Intel, Watson. This is elementary.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:02 AM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Winter has come.  The productivity of agriculture throughout Westeros will be severely reduced.  The only source of food will come by sea from Essos. 

Will it? Essos is part of the world going through the same messed up weather cycles so may nog have much extra to sell . Plus this isnt westeros 1st winter they will have stockpiles of food and their own fishing fleets.

Edited by astarkchoice

The idea that Arya will or is likely to burn King’s Landing holds no water. She clearly isn’t, and to argue for it is either to argue in bad faith, or just to troll. 

In short, please stop responding to this thread. Let it die, not with dignity, but with a lonely death in a ditch somewhere. Forgotten. 

Edited by Jon Snowfyre

On 5/15/2023 at 3:17 AM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Daenerys will go to Westeros towards the conclusion of the story.  In the last book.  She will know what to expect before leaving Essos and she will bring a strong military.  Which will have the dragons,  Unsullied, Dothraki Khalasars, Ironborn, Sellsword Companies, and soldiers in training who will follow their Mhysa to Westeros.  Jorah, Victarion, Greyworm, Belwas, and Barristan will be on this trip. Skahaz and his Brazen Beasts will stay in Meereen to keep the peace. 

RED = useless

YELLOW = mostly useless

So yeah...

EDIT:

On 7/2/2023 at 7:30 PM, csuszka1948 said:

Obviously Arya will warg into a dragon and start slowly chasing Cersei all over the King's Landing, burning everything except Cersei herself while laughing maniacally and chanting KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Edited by Aldarion

Just now, Aldarion said:

RED = useless

YELLOW = mostly useless

So yeah...

I know realistically Dothraki and Unsullied would be destroyed but I fear that is not the path the story will take... I mean if it was realistic Unsullied as they are wouldn't exist in the first place, not would the Dothraki or Ironborn...