On and On About Harry & Meghan Part 4

Fragile Bird

56 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

That's an abhorrent statistic, but also not a huge number. We can assume that a large amount of those crimes are committed by quite a small amount of people.

Eh, my point was more to mock the person who claimed there was just dozens of instances of racism in the UK.

Polling, surveys and voting trajectories on certain are reflexive of larger societal mores than individual attacks which can reflect a society progression or regression

Its the silly statement I’ve come to expect in these threads by those who’ve more conservatives ideals.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Eh, my point was more to mock the person who claimed there was just dozens of instances of racism in the UK.

Polling, surveys and voting trajectories on certain are reflexive of larger societal mores.

I think they were trying to say that a few people in a whatsapp group were not indicative of a major issue. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I think they were trying to say that a few people in a whatsapp group were not indicative of a major issue. 

Eh I think they were ripping their own country to make those whose comments (if they’re to believed) an institution based around blood right look racist which at this point is viewed bad. :D
If this is not the case I hope they’re more careful in the future. But I will ask for clarification if I see them saying something I find audacious. Let’s all do better.

Anyway I don’t get the racism angle as more general xenophobia and misogyny. 

28 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

The much more relevant claim is by H&M that the reason Meghan is unpopular is due to racism. 

I will point this out to you again, she's barely said anything. People hate her because she's a minority, a foreigner, a few times critical of the royal family (which every sane person should do) or all of the above. Some argue she's an asshole behind the scenes, but the royals in general are assholes. That speaks more negatively to the people who want to trash her than anything she's said or done. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I will point this out to you again, she's barely said anything. People hate her because she's a minority, a foreigner, a few times critical of the royal family (which every sane person should do) or all of the above. Some argue she's an asshole behind the scenes, but the royals in general are assholes. That speaks more negatively to the people who want to trash her than anything she's said or done. 

You missed out narcissism, lying, race baiting, insincerity, self promotion and aggrandisement, near sociopathic levels of manipulation, treating people below her like shit, trying to break up the royal family and turning their most popular member into a pathetic, whiney, woke sock puppet.

But other than that.. no you are right . Barely anything.

And I know what your response is going to be, because it’s very predictable..

’ugh but you could say the same thing about any royal’

But you couldn’t; because even if they are shit humans, you wouldn’t know it because they don’t reveal their personalities to the public, it’s all behind closed doors. They also don't publically moan when the public turn against them, and try and blame it on everyone else but themselves. 

It should be really obvious to everyone why Meghan, and now Harry, are just unpopular. 

Edited by Heartofice

I should elaborate on the sexism and xenophobia claim—an example(I concede  this is purely anecdotal and I’m not trying to relitigate an argument on it specifically) I believe the impetus for the first Megan and Harry thread was someone saying Harry was as bad role model for young boys as a serial child-predator as Prince Andrew would because harry listened to his wife too much. 

I admit to my memory being foggy and I’ll have to double check but it was at least around before these started kicking off. 

I’ve seen a comparison made between her and a royalist fop talking head and I think he was onto something. Cleopatra, the foreign witch  was largely blamed for enthralling, Anthony a son of proper noble stock, into waging war on his country. Megan framed as ordering Harry to attack or snub the royal family when there’s no evidence.

Megan’s actual commentary since the book deal in public hasn’t been much if any, hell it was news a couple days ago for her to have posted one selfie on Instagram. It’s mainly Harry supposedly airing the family’s dirty laundry or if one would views it’s maliciously in his book and talking to or about the press. But he’s viewed more favorably. Because he’s the son of proper royal stock.

TDLR I think it’s easier to have a conversation around general racism than it is sexism and racism that isn’t expressly geared to color.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So complain about Meghan being a manipulative liar and then not recognize you're praising other royals for being manipulative liars. Cool beans.  

Who did I praise? We don't know almost anything about the Royals because they don't say anything or reveal anything about themselves. 

This is about why Meghan is unpopular. I'm explaining to you why that might be.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

We don't know almost anything about the Royals because they don't say anything or reveal anything about themselves. 

Yet they are worshipped by millions. A national tragedy imho.

Hopefully one day that will be corrected. Like  I hope within the coming decades the young ditch the relic from a worse time, let the country be a proper democracy.  though with the increase in authoritarianism in British perhaps the new head of state can will be autocratic  statesman whose expected do things. Still a step up in some aspect imo though on the whole worse.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

This is about why Meghan is unpopular.

It’s weird how people praised Chris rock for saying Megan should’ve assumed the royal family was racist.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

“Is thinking about a title for the next thread”

:rofl:

I vote On M and H part five the electric Boogaloo.

Though it’s fascinating how getting another thread seems a serious possibility. Is there like a general celebrity gossip thread?

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

You missed out narcissism, lying, race baiting, insincerity, self promotion and aggrandisement, near sociopathic levels of manipulation, treating people below her like shit, trying to break up the royal family and turning their most popular member into a pathetic, whiney, woke sock puppet.

But other than that.. no you are right . Barely anything.

And I know what your response is going to be, because it’s very predictable..

’ugh but you could say the same thing about any royal’

But you couldn’t; because even if they are shit humans, you wouldn’t know it because they don’t reveal their personalities to the public, it’s all behind closed doors. They also don't publically moan when the public turn against them, and try and blame it on everyone else but themselves. 

It should be really obvious to everyone why Meghan, and now Harry, are just unpopular. 

That was quite the rant.  You were apparently born yesterday because Charles was involved in the bitterest marriage breakdown of last century where he and his wife engaged in industrial scale briefings against each other; duelling high-profile tv interviews and collaborated in rival books to tell their stories (in which Charlie complained that the Queen was a distant parent and Phillip was a bully who forced him to marry Diana). He and Camilla get good publicity now because they have worked hard to suck up to the rancid British tabloid press. Not to mention Randy Andy's many unsavoury exploits.

Charles' and Andrew's wives were chewed up and spat out by the Royal Family and, in Diana's case, hounded to death by the press and paparazzi. The difference is that Harry wasn't prepared to let that happen to his wife. He left too and he hasn't hesitated to take on the British tabloid press or his own family. Despite your misogynistic framing (controlled by his evil wife, etc) I think he's actually the only one in that family with balls.

24 minutes ago, Wall Flower said:

That was quite the rant.  You were apparently born yesterday because Charles was involved in the bitterest marriage breakdown of last century where he and his wife engaged in industrial scale briefings against each other; duelling high-profile tv interviews and collaborated in rival books to tell their stories (in which Charlie complained that the Queen was a distant parent and Phillip was a bully who forced him to marry Diana). He and Camilla get good publicity now because they have worked hard to suck up to the rancid British tabloid press. Not to mention Randy Andy's many unsavoury exploits.

Charles' and Andrew's wives were chewed up and spat out by the Royal Family and, in Diana's case, hounded to death by the press and paparazzi. The difference is that Harry wasn't prepared to let that happen to his wife. He left too and he hasn't hesitated to take on the British tabloid press or his own family. Despite your misogynistic framing (controlled by his evil wife, etc) I think he's actually the only one in that family with balls.

Quite the rant.

Actually I wouldn't disagree with the majority of your post and I don't think you are saying much different to me. Charles was pretty unpopular with the British public for a very long time because of his treatment of Diana and his generally unlikeable personality. He seems have subsequently learnt to stay out of the limelight and reveal next to nothing about himself and his own feelings, much like the rest of the royal family do. Which is the entire point I'm trying to make.

Meghan didn't learn the the lesson that Charles did, well she might have done now as she's seems to have gone quiet, but certainly after the whole furore she did her little press tour / talk show circuit and guess what, people hated her even more, because of the things she was saying. The same thing happened to Harry, his bookie wook hasn't really helped his public image much and might have made things worse. 

If you are a not very likable person, demonstrating your crap personality to millions of people isn't really the best tactic. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So complain about Meghan being a manipulative liar and then not recognize you're praising other royals for being manipulative liars. Cool beans.  

Especially from people who defended Andy N*o as a journalist.

30 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

He seems have subsequently learnt to stay out of the limelight and reveal next to nothing about himself and his own feelings, much like the rest of the royal family do. Which is the entire point I'm trying to make.

Such a hollow action in face of the people who hounded the mother of his children to death.

Sad.

Meghan didn't learn the the lesson that Charles did, well she might have done now as she's seems to have gone quiet, but certainly after the whole furore she did her little press tour / talk show circuit and guess what, people hated her even more,

What has she said in the press tours and talk show circuit that’s particularly objectionable?

The same thing happened to Harry, his bookie wook hasn't really helped his public image much and might have made things worse. 

Curious on what your referencing here. Cursory Google search got a yougov of him beating William by one point in approval in America.

Which is a travesty—as William like most royals does nothing and Americans due not have cultural indoctrination excuse to demand such favor.

35 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

If you are a not very likable person,

It’ll always be weird to me the British finds her more unlikable than the child-sexual predator.

Do you agree?