On and On About Harry & Meghan Part 4

Fragile Bird

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Please, keep telling me how cars and motorcycles following you home/wherever you’re staying while you try to shake them off is not a ‘chase’.

Can you explain why its a chase and not just being followed (not that either is acceptable)?  Chase has much more negative connotations for the pursued IMO, than someone taking your picture when they catch up with you.  

36 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Can you explain why its a chase and not just being followed (not that either is acceptable)?  Chase has much more negative connotations for the pursued IMO, than someone taking your picture when they catch up with you.  

Running the first red light maybe?

Remember when the cops were just “following” OJ at low speed when he was in that white Bronco? Good times.

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Yesterday I watched two snails slowly and ponderously move across my patio, one after the other. One could only describe it as a ‘near catastrophic CHASE’. That first snail must be have been terrified. 

Sooo, why did you praise Chris rock for mocking Megan for not expecting Royal family to be racist?

Also do you think it wouldn’t be racist for a Royal to pontificate on the skin tone of Megan’s kid when she was pregnant?

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Sooo, why did you praise Chris rock for mocking Megan for not expecting Royal family to be racist?

Also do you think it wouldn’t be racist for a Royal to pontificate on the skin tone of Megan’s kid when she was pregnant?

Talk about being chased around by something terrifying.

Just now, Heartofice said:

Talk about being chased around by something terrifying.

I just think it’s fascinating how royalists  immediately rushed to praise Rock for saying Megan should have knew the royal family was terribly racist.

I do wonder how British people will look back on the deranged levels  backlash years to come—especially if they boot the Royal family. The younger generations show more wisdom on the uselessness on the institution.

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I think it’s more the awareness of the person being tracked and how they’re responding.

If they’re aware of you and actively are trying to get away from you it becomes a chase.

If they’re not you’re still following them and upon the context being  massively inappropriate.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

Again, what is it that BFC etc. doesn't get here, that even when the couple went to a police station, they were mobbed by the paps?

It's weird because they don't do that here, hardly ever.  At the red carpet events, sure, because that's what that ritual is about -- to be surrounded by photographers and videographers, etc.  And the two graciously stood for this when they left the event at the Zeigfield.  But after that this can be called nothing else but a chase.  Particularly when crashing into one parked car after another on the streets down which they were moving.

19 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Again, what is it that BFC etc. doesn't get here, that even when the couple went to a police station, they were mobbed by the paps?

My point is 'big fucking deal'. Some wankers followed you in your car, you were never in danger and could have ended it whenever they wanted by just going home and closing the door and letting your security detail deal. 

He went to war, and he's terrified by a man on a motorbike with a camera running a red light? GTFO I don't buy it at all. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

My point is 'big fucking deal'. Some wankers followed you in your car, you were never in danger and could have ended it whenever they wanted by just going home and closing the door and letting your security detail deal. 

He went to war, and he's terrified by a man on a motorbike with a camera running a red light? GTFO I don't buy it at all. 

Is the contention now whether he was legitimately scared during his and not whether a chase happened?

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Is the contention now whether he was legitimately scared during his and not whether a chase happened?

Both. I don't think it was a chase and I don't think he was scared. Furious, pissed off, protective over his wife absolutely, but not scared.

What was the worst that could happen? they photograph him from the wrong angle? Its just not plausible. 

His wife and his MIL didn't go to war.  He had his mother killed by these jerkwaddies.  You also refuse to admit the conditions of what is chasing are different in this city than most places.  Feh.

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

My point is 'big fucking deal'. Some wankers follkowed you in your car, you were never in danger and could have ended it whenever they wanted by just going home and closing the door and letting your security detail deal. 

Lol, the paparazzi, on following them to the private residence where they were staying, would just go away? Not camp out by the doorstep, sit in their cars waiting, look for windows through which they could get pictures? Because a big bad security person came out and said “shoo”?

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, the paparazzi, on following them to the private residence where they were staying, would just go away? Not camp out by the doorstep, sit in their cars waiting, look for windows through which they could get pictures? Because a big bad security person came out and said “shoo”?

I think, too, that they were reluctant to drag all that shit back to a friend’s house. 

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Again.  Big deal, shut the curtains. 

You lot must never have had anything remotely bad happen to you to be getting so heated about something so low level happening to someone else that you've never met. I get it, the press are scumbag cunts. But people were trying to take their picture. It's about as traumatising as stubbing your toe or getting a paper cut.