On and On About Harry & Meghan Part 4

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm not denying there is a racist element. But Fergie had it far far worse, they were brutal. 

And as others have pointed out most women who married into the royal family have been given a rough ride, other than Sophe because nobody even knows who thingymajig even is. 

That’s most likely because no one cares about Edward

5 hours ago, Maltaran said:

That’s most likely because no one cares about Edward

Yeah Edward’s got the best gig in that whole mess. Stately home, pretty hot wife, kids aren’t too screwed up, and he’s so boring an so surplus-to-requirements that no one gives a shit. 

They took it pretty easy on Sophie for the recent motorcade incident. Mercifully, they didn’t try to pin the whole thing on Meghan, though not for lack of trying I’m sure.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

Edward has always been the joke of the family, and a bit embarrassing. He is mostly known for his disastrous tv show 'It's a Royal Knockout' which was a total flop and he has since slunk back into the shadows from which he will never return.

https://www.womanandhome.com/life/royal-news/prince-edwards-tv-show-disaster-that-featured-princess-anne-and-other-senior-royals-dubbed-absolutely-humiliating/

royal expert Jennie Bond said, "It's a Royal Knockout will go down in royal history as one of the biggest c**k-ups of all time I think."

"It was a disaster from beginning to end, it was absolutely humiliating," she added.

Just one more thing that Meghan should have learnt from the royals before going off on her own.

Edited by Heartofice

I vaguely remember when Edward was trying to be a producer? I give him credit for attempting to do something on his own, it's too bad it was a failure.  I also watched a documentary that he hosted about one of the royal palaces/castles and I thought he was fine, good even.  He looks ill to me these days, almost emaciated.

Yes, the media took it very easy on Sophie for the motorcade incident.

Another Hollywood insider, Jeremy Zimmer,  slammed the Sussexes yesterday, saying basically that just because you're famous doesn't mean you have talent.  No lie detected.  

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm not denying there is a racist element. But Fergie had it far far worse, they were brutal. 

And as others have pointed out most women who married into the royal family have been given a rough ride, other than Sophe because nobody even knows who thingymajig even is. 

Idk about that. Reading a bit more on it the press was pretty mean to her, but scale matters. Social media really does magnify things.

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

What I’m saying is it’s not a step up at all. The amount written about her is more, but that’s because the media landscape has changed, but in terms of cruelty and nastiness she is getting off likely compared to someone like Fergie. So for your point to have any validity you’d have to show there is something exceptional about the way she is being treated, but unfortunately there isn’t, the press have always been nasty.

If you think she's getting off lightly you haven't been paying attention. For every person that knows about Fergie probably a hundred more know about MM. 

As to whether they ‘say bland stuff’, again I don’t really know where you get that idea. They left the royal family and have made attacks on it, made accusations of racism, have made a series of outright lies, treated people badly and just generally made a huge fuss despite saying they wanted to go away and be left alone. 

What is this ‘bland stuff’ you keep referring to?

Exactly that, they (and Harry more so) acknowledged that a racism family and racist institution have a history of racism. And people in the UK got pissed they pointed out the obvious thing. And Idk why you keep complaining about them being liars and jerks when that's kind of the standard for people like them. That's what's bizarre here. You dislike the two so much yet you like people who are exactly the same. 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk about that. Reading a bit more on it the press was pretty mean to her, but scale matters. Social media really does magnify things.

Well it seems that this is all new to you, but I was in the UK when the Fergie stuff was going on, and believe me, she had nowhere to hide from it. It was all over the papers, on TV, people laughed at her constantly. The fact that social media did not exist makes no difference to how shit she was treated or how bad she must have felt. You are coming at this with a lot of ignorance and lack of context. 

If you think she's getting off lightly you haven't been paying attention. For every person that knows about Fergie probably a hundred more know about MM. 

Sure, you didn't know who she was until I mentioned her anyway.

Exactly that, they (and Harry more so) acknowledged that a racism family and racist institution have a history of racism. And people in the UK got pissed they pointed out the obvious thing. 

I'd say making accusations of racism is a pretty big thing to throw at someone, which I'm sure Harry knows as it totally rolled back from it and tried to deny that this was not what Meghan was implying with her statements. Meghan also playing the race card to explain why she is so unpopular is just another added checkmark against, it being so completely unfounded and unbacked by any sort of evidence. 

And Idk why you keep complaining about them being liars and jerks when that's kind of the standard for people like them.

Right, but the difference here is that H&M are asking us to believe them and love them, and having massive hissy fits when they don't get that adoration. 

Edited by Heartofice

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

They were brutal. But in no way did Fergie get it worse. 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Just one more thing that Meghan should have learnt from the royals before going off on her own.

Is that what this is? Resentment that they might not crawl back to the nest? Kiss the ring? Get over it. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

15 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well it seems that this is all new to you, but I was in the UK when the Fergie stuff was going on, and believe me, she had nowhere to hide from it. It was all over the papers, on TV, people laughed at her constantly. The fact that social media did not exist makes no difference to how shit she was treated or how bad she must have felt. You are coming at this with a lot of ignorance and lack of context. 

I knew about it in general, I just didn't care to learn a lot more about it. And if you think social media not existing means the same shit wasn't magnified then I don't what to tell you. 

Sure, you didn't know who she was until I mentioned her anyway.

My point exactly. Damn near everyone in the world connected to the internet knows who MM is and can lash out at her if they want to. Fergie just had to deal with the nasty UK press for the most part I'm assuming. 

And again, on that subject why do you hate these individuals more than the trash people in the UK press? I don't like the royals, but they're probably better people overall than the shitheads you've got running the newsrooms. 

I'd say making accusations of racism is a pretty big thing to throw at someone, which I'm sure Harry knows as it totally rolled back from it and tried to deny that this was not what Meghan was implying with her statements. Meghan also playing the race card to explain why she is so unpopular is just another added checkmark against, it being so completely unfounded and unbacked by any sort of evidence. 

Ignoring them or calling them outright lies is also a bad look. Are they always accurate? No. Is telling someone to shut up when they're telling you that's how they're feeling okay? Also no. I don't believe everything they've claimed is true, but to deny all of it in the face of clear evidence is strange. MM has received a ton of racist press, Harry has gotten a lot of backlash for defending her and we really have no idea how ugly it was behind the scenes with the family. Just speaking for myself, I was a bit nervous the first time I brought a black girl home to meet the parents. Just like I expect things to be awkward when a women in a religious Christian or Muslim family brings her new Jewish BF to dinner for the first time. The royals are no different when it comes to this stuff and on the whole it's fair to assume they're probably a lot worse because they care so much about image.

Right, but the difference here is that H&M are asking us to believe them and love them, and having massive hissy fits when they don't get that adoration. 

Pretty sure you could write that about the majority of the royals. Difference is H&M tell you about their experiences. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My point exactly. Damn near everyone in the world connected to the internet knows who MM is and can lash out at her if they want to. Fergie just had to deal with the nasty UK press for the most part I'm assuming. 

Tell that the Sarah Ferguson. Must have been so easy for her.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And again, on that subject why do you hate these individuals more than the trash people in the UK press? I don't like the royals, but they're probably better people overall than the shitheads you've got running the newsrooms. 

It’s ok to hate both, and I do, and I’ve said so, but this is a thread about H&M and people keep trying to defend them, not sure anyone is defending the press. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pretty sure you could write that about the majority of the royals. Difference is H&M tell you about their experiences. 

No that’s the point, you couldn’t say that because royals generally don’t speak to the press about anything non banal and don’t make public their feelings or publicly get upset when people don’t like them. 

Do I really need to repost the UK counterterrorism guy’s interview on this? What about the buzz feed article showing clear bias in reporting on Meghan v. Kate articles. 

Fascinating how Harry’s lawsuit is being comprehensively ignored on this thread. You know he actually showed up? That he allowed himself to be cross examined under oath while guys like Piers Morgan couldn’t be bothered to give evidence? Funny that.

… and while I’m at it, anyone remember the South Park episode? Remember all those pasty ghouls in the UK tabloid press? The ones who were pinching their chubby flanks and chortling, “Meghan and Harry are finished! Meghan must be so devastated!” Then the rumours swirling in the tabloids about how, “Sources close to the Sussex’s say they are going to sue.”

All bullshit. And they never bothered to comment publicly about it. There’s no indication they were bothered by it at all. 

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Tell that the Sarah Ferguson. Must have been so easy for her.

It wasn't. Nor has it been for MM. The key difference between us is I'm pointing out why the hate is misplaced while you're shitting on her.

It’s ok to hate both, and I do, and I’ve said so, but this is a thread about H&M and people keep trying to defend them, not sure anyone is defending the press. 

You shouldn't hate either. I hate the institution of the royal family, but I don't care much about the individuals. I just like to point out how most of them are not special in any way, hence why I said there's easily over a million people in the UK who could fill the same role and would do it while taking a lot less.

No that’s the point, you couldn’t say that because royals generally don’t speak to the press about anything non banal and don’t make public their feelings or publicly get upset when people don’t like them. 

Not necessarily a virtue. You're essentially praising them for being fake yet seem to hate H&M for being liars. Being fake publicly is a lie too and a more glaring one. H&M tell you how they feel. I'm sure they're typically overstating things and trying to make themselves look good, but at least they say somethings are honest and revealing. I'd rather have that than the Queen who gave you nothing when we all know shit behind the scenes was messed up and she certainly played a role in that. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

I'm not personally sure it is helpful to compare which of the humans savaged by the press had it worse (I mean Diana died arguably as a result of being hounded by the press, which is pretty final).  It's all awful.  

I am going to continue to be amused and sheepishly grateful (I enjoy consuming the soap opera as much as anyone) that the UK still supports this nonsense? 

Edited by Mlle. Zabzie

50 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It wasn't. Nor has it been for MM. The key difference between us is I'm pointing out why the hate is misplaced while you're shitting on her.

You shouldn't hate either. I hate the institution of the royal family, but I don't care much about the individuals. I just like to point out how most of them are not special in any way, hence why I said there's easily over a million people in the UK who could fill the same role and would do it while taking a lot less.

Not necessarily a virtue. You're essentially praising them for being fake yet seem to hate H&M for being liars. Being fake publicly is a lie too and a more glaring one. H&M tell you how they feel. I'm sure they're typically overstating things and trying to make themselves look good, but at least they say somethings are honest and revealing. I'd rather have that than the Queen who gave you nothing when we all know shit behind the scenes was messed up and she certainly played a role in that. 

Yes, it's a virtue.  I praise Kate Middleton for her placid stepford wife public personna that she never lets slip.  I praised the queen for the same thing.  They're playing a role and they know it. Presumably most people don't go to work every day and spend all day emoting about their personal lives.  It's the same for the royals, when they're out, they're on the job.  Fine.  I also imagine it's useful as a shield in providing a public v. a private life.  I don't believe you are incapable of knowing that this is different that outright lying, exaggerating and dishing private family dirt for money.

Edited by Cas Stark

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes, it's a virtue.  I praise Kate Middleton for her placid stepford wife public personna that she never lets slip.  I praised the queen for the same thing.  They're playing a role and they know it.  Fine.  I also imagine it's useful as a shield in providing a public v. a private life.  I don't believe you are incapable of knowing that this is different that outright lying, exaggerating and dishing private family dirt for money.

You’re right. Ghouls like Angela Levin and Rupert Murdoch should have the monopoly on dishing Royal family dirt.* And when “the family” serves them up to those fucking vultures because it’s “their role”**, they’re supposed to be glad and suffer in silence.

And you think that’s virtuous? 

*make no mistake, on of the reasons those assholes are so salty toward H+M is because the documentary and the memoir disrupted an existing industry. 

** an allegation that not long ago was called a lie but is now accepted as fact. 

p.s. I read the memoir. The overwhelming share of the criticism is aimed at the press, not the royal family. The fact that Piers Morgan et al keep banging on about the latter without mentioning the former should tell you something. 

TBH, it doesn't seem like Harry ever understood how things with the media worked.  The idea that 'royals sources say/palaces sources say' or Charles best friend going on the record are acts sanctioned by the family as some kind of insider revelation is weirdly naive.  Didn't everyone already know this and that it was done to give the royals and especially the monarch some plausible deniability and wiggle room.  Exactly the same as 'white house sources say' 'friends of Brad and Angie say.  

I also don't believe that his brother or probably anyone was dropping stories about H and M to deflect criticism.  Whether they say that because they're paranoid or they really believe it, I have no idea.  

Disrupted an existing industry??   WTF??  Harry and Meghan have if anything revived and expanded the existing industry of royal experts.  They provide a nearly unending stream of new content for books, blogs, and the Daily Mail. 

Similarly, the couple's seeming belief that somehow leaving the UK would reduce tabloid coverage of them was also mind bogglingly naive, if true. 

Edited by Cas Stark

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe this is a cultural thing but I view a  stoic silence, getting on with your job, doing your duty, stiff upper lip and keeping your feelings to yourself as a virtue in of itself. Maybe there is something traditionally British about it but I certainly prefer it to whatever the hell H&M are doing. 

It could be that over the pond, incessantly talking about yourself and your ‘truth’ and your feelings, complaining and making yourself the centre of the world are considered virtues and worthy behaviours but for me I find it all rather gross and sickening. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

TBH, it doesn't seem like Harry ever understood how things with the media worked.  The idea that 'royals sources say/palaces sources say' or Charles best friend going on the record are all being sanctioned by the family as some kind of insider revelation is weirdly naive.  Didn't everyone already know this and that it was done to give the royals and especially the monarch some plausible deniability and wiggle room.  Exactly the same as 'white house sources say' 'friends of Brad and Angie say.  

I guarantee he understands a lot better than you. That’s why he got out. Like any self respecting man would. How inconvenient for you.

I also don't believe that his brother or probably anyone was dropping stories about H and M to deflect criticism.  Whether they say that because they're paranoid or they really believe it, I have no idea.  

How convenient for you. 

Disrupted an existing industry??   WTF??  Harry and Meghan have if anything revived and expanded the existing industry of royal experts.  They provide a nearly unending stream of new content for books, blogs, and the Daily Mail. 

I know that one of the most-viewed documentaries ever on Netflix had no contribution-from, or royalties-paid to any of those royal correspondent twats. I know that if people are spending money on Harry’s memoir (still on the NYT and Amazon best sell list) they’re not buying one of the roughly 50 unauthorized biographies that have been published about him.

Shortly after Spare was released, Angela Levin published a book. An updated version of her Camilla biography I think. They’re friends you know. How’s that thing selling I wonder?