Football: Windows of missed opportunities

And that's why there is literally zero chance of Kane being allowed to walk for free in twelve months.

So that leaves the chairman with two choices: take what he can get this summer, or get the player to re-sign. And by all accounts, the latter simply isn't going to happen. 

Edited by Spockydog

Levy already rejected that bid.

Bayern will need to offer a package closer to €100m (with easily achievable addons) to land him, one would think.

Levy must be hoping that Real Madrid will get involved since Bayern can afford to wait a year to get Kane on a free. Real, otoh, are unlikely to win either the league or CL without getting a top replacement for Benzema. Joselu leading their line is a gigantic downgrade.

15 minutes ago, baxus said:

How much money do we think Real Madrid could spend this summer?

They've cleared a significant amount of wages with the departures of Benzema, Asensio and Hazard. Their net spend over the past 5 years is around €84m excluding Bellingham. I think they could spend quite a lot if they wanted to.

They already signed Bellingham and are supposedly after Mbappe (for 200M).

I doubt Mbappe leaves in this window. PSG are trying their best to get him to extend or leave but Mbappe has already said that he intends to see out the last year of his contract and then decide. Reports floating around that Mbappe would be entitled to a loyalty bonus of €90m if he remains at PSG this season.

Edited by Consigliere

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I doubt Mbappe leaves in this window. PSG are trying their best to get him to extend or leave but Mbappe has already said that he intends to see out the last year of his contract and then decide. Reports floating around that Mbappe would be entitled to a loyalty bonus of €90m if he remains at PSG this season.

Lols

JFC, we all suspected that PSG offered him the farm, the keys to daddy's car and pretty much anything else Mbappe was asking for. But 90m loyalty bonus. 

As for Kane. Yes, 70m looks like reasonable offer, but given that Levy has turned down a bigger payday last season, Kane now leaving for significantly less than 100m might be a hard sell for Spurs fans (pun intended). 

But 100m for a player with little resell value... 

I still think Vlahovic is the more likely signing. Younger and probably cheaper (wages+fee). 

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

But 100m for a player with little resell value... 

You've mentioned this a few times, but no-one's buying Kane for the resale value. They're buying him because he's arguably the best forward in the world. 

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

You've mentioned this a few times, but no-one's buying Kane for the resale value. They're buying him because he's arguably the best forward in the world. 

With a limited shelf life. He should be good for 3-4 seasons, if he stays healthy and works out. He won't be their leading guy for the next decade. He could still be good at 36, but there's no guarantee for that. 

Vlahovic could be a player for the next decade, if he works out. Kolo Muani also should have more pro seasons in him. 

26 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Vlahovic could be a player for the next decade, if he works out. Kolo Muani also should have more pro seasons in him. 

Sure and both would be fine signings and there's a reason lots of teams are interested in them too - but neither has put up a single season as like Kane's fifth best season (in which I'm purely counting goals, not litigating the effect on the overall team, but given Kane's ability as a playmaker I think doing that would make that number grow, not shrink). There's just no comparison in terms of proven top level and the known ability to hit it consistently here.

I've said it before but the dude just scored 30 league goals in a struggling team while playing as his own trequartista. He's ridiculously good. 

3 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

The offer is reasonable. He's 29 and may walk on a Bosman next year.

Well, he'll be 30 by the time season starts.

It's fairly reasonable but Spurs can get more. There's not many good quality CF's available. Just look at the ludicrous price tags that Frankfurt has put on Kolo Muani, Benfica on Ramos, Atalanta on Højlund, Napoli on Osimhen. Even Vlahović will go for €70m at least. Jonathan David will likely cost €50-60m too. The CF market is a sellers market. Kane is also currently much better than any of those players.

Edited by Consigliere

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

It's fairly reasonable but Spurs can get more. There's not many good quality CF's available. Just look at the ludicrous price tags that Frankfurt has put on Kolo Muani, Benfica on Ramos, Atalanta on Højlund, Napoli on Osimhen. Even Vlahović will go for €70m at least. Jonathan David will likely cost €50-60m too. The CF market is a sellers market. Kane is also currently much better than any of those players.

Kane is the best of all those players, yes.

However, Vlahovic is 6 years younger, and has 3 years left on his contract.

Don't know how much Napoli ask for Osimhen but they paid around 70-75 million € for him so I guess they want to make a good profit from his sale, and he's 5 years younger than Kane, with two years left on his contract. Napoli aren't desperate for cash either.

As for the rest, I'm not that much informed about their prices, except that the clubs they play at are mostly selling clubs so they might expect their prices will go up in the years that follow.

Re Kane again, it's not only his age and his year left on his contract.

-He wanted out (publicly) two years ago and he's not renewing. Everyone knows this so they'll lowball Spurs.

-If Levy won't sell Kane to other English clubs, then he must bear in mind that the number of clubs on the continent that Kane can go to are limited cause of the economic situation. There are only Real, Bayern, PSG. Who else?

I agree they can get slightly more, but not 100 million in pounds, imo, not from outside England except for the Saudis. 

48 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Kane is the best of all those players, yes.

However, Vlahovic is 6 years younger, and has 3 years left on his contract.

Don't know how much Napoli ask for Osimhen but they paid around 70-75 million € for him so I guess they want to make a good profit from his sale, and he's 5 years younger than Kane, with two years left on his contract. Napoli aren't desperate for cash either.

As for the rest, I'm not that much informed about their prices, except that the clubs they play at are mostly selling clubs so they might expect their prices will go up in the years that follow.

Re Kane again, it's not only his age and his year left on his contract.

-He wanted out (publicly) two years ago and he's not renewing. Everyone knows this so they'll lowball Spurs.

-If Levy won't sell Kane to other English clubs, then he must bear in mind that the number of clubs on the continent that Kane can go to are limited cause of the economic situation. There are only Real, Bayern, PSG. Who else?

I agree they can get slightly more, but not 100 million in pounds, imo, not from outside England except for the Saudis.

Probably not £100m but I expect Bayern would need to improve their offer to somewhere in the region of £85m (€100m) to get the deal over the line.

7 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Probably not £100m but I expect Bayern would need to improve their offer to somewhere in the region of £85m (€100m) to get the deal over the line.

I don't see them forking over that money. 85m€ is the absolutely maximum Levy could extract from them (premium, bonus payments included, except for the rare ones like CL and Ballon d'Or shizzle)

If he doesn't accept that, then I see them walk away from that deal, and either go for one of the other targets and check whether they can get a better deal. Or if they really want Kane that bad, they will sign a stop-gap solution like Füllkrug for less way, way less and pick him up on a free.

In other news. Dortmund have some trouble reinvesting their Bellingham riches. One of the player they want is Nmecha (Wolfsburg). Part of their fan scene are up in arms. He liked some homo- and transphobe posts and linked some stuff from an American evangelical POS (forgot the name). Their gay fans are protesting heavily against signing him, and also one of theri sponsors feels Nmecha has some explaining to do. 

Nmecha in turn did post some non-apologetic stuff about his faith is meant to unite people and him not hating anybody.

When did those fucking evangelical movements become a thing in Europe. I am getting too old for this shit.

17 minutes ago, polishgenius said:
Fatality

I don't think we should have offered De Gea a renewal in the first place but once we did and an agreement had been reached, to then renege on the deal at the last minute is a pretty shitty way to treat a player who has been an integral part of the team for so many years.