Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

28 minutes ago, JGP said:

Build wise, currently testing and think I've solved my resource issues so have dumped my Basic.

Update: not quite there yet. Might have to incorporate the Slaking or Echoing Fury Aspect too [le sigh] but only for the short term, hopefully.

I am still using puncture. I could get a bit more resource from paragon but unless I go a second resource aspect I think I’ll keep using it. It’s also a good source of vulnerable after first 3 seconds. I think I could probably dump it if I went for more regen but it would still be two wasted points and I’d likely either bring back dark shroud or add a second imbuement.

As Suppression Elites bugged? I'm whirling in top of their heads, well within their suppression zone and they periodically go immune. I'm forced to leap to sort of get them out of it. Am I doing something wrong? 

I am spoiled by POE's marquee seasons having huge new mechanics like Heist (an entirely separate endgame grind with fully voiced characters, different game play, build-enabling uniques). 

New affixes on rings - which are already vastly important in D4's awful itemization- are not very compelling. I suppose it's too late for a complete teardown of the weak-ass skill tree UX and soulless itemization in a game entirely built around hunting for a jackpot item. 

I'm still gonna go hard on season 1 within the limits of my being in my 40s with a career vs D2 and D3 when I had vast amounts of idle time. But man, there's just a ton wrong with this game that they even had fixed in D3! I think we'll all be playing this in 4 years thinking "damn past the campaign, D4 on release suuuuuuucked". 

Man, they really gutted the Aspect of Berserk Ripping-- us Bleed builds didn't have a lot of great Aspects but that was surely amongst the best. If I was still running Deathblow it might be worth keeping, even the base on that is high [especially on Bosses] but I'm not, so... what to do [mulls]

10 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I think we'll all be playing this in 4 years thinking "damn past the campaign, D4 on release suuuuuuucked". 

i dunno im having fun with it. just had two uniques drop in the same NM and it felt pretty sweet.

I’m so annoyed. Accidentally salvaged my gloves and now my whole build is out of whack a bit. It’s fine enough as just a blizzard sorc but when combined with ice shards (which is what I play), my power is diminished without the +4 to ice shards. Annoying as fuck since I have no idea when I did it.

Main thing I really need is 810+ item power weapons with correct affixes. For the most part my rest of my gear is correct and has good affix rolls so it’s just getting versions with same affixes with better rolls mainly. One of my weapons is still a 772 which I could get a big improvement on by getting 40 levels on it. My other is an 810 missing one good affix but I use it because of the item level and that it’s good enough. I just hit 90 and I’m doing tier 49-50 dungeons now with no issue. I assume that means at 100 I could do tier 60 easily. I could probably push it another 5 levels without it being that much harder.

Question for you all thought on nightmare dungeons. What’s the most dangerous monster affixes in your opinion in d4? I find damage resistance can be very annoying if in big groups or if there is stuff like chilling wind or Waller around. I need to kill everything fast and if I get stuck on not killing stuff I can get overwhelmed. Fire enchant and lightning enchant are both dangerous. Chilling wind is one of my least favourites. And whatever thing makes lines of lightning arc between monsters is rough too.

Also my least favorite monster is the ghost archers who do the line attack. That thing is really high damage output. It can be really dangerous if already stuck in chilling wind or some other CC. Second least favorite would be the strongest common mob in d4 the mighty boar. Hits much harder than any demon. I also find succubus’ hit quite hard and can be a pain.

Edited by Arakasi

1 hour ago, Arakasi said:

Also my least favorite monster is the ghost archers who do the line attack. That thing is really high damage output. It can be really dangerous if already stuck in chilling wind or some other CC. 

Yeah, those Archers slap lol

I drop what I'm doing and take them out. 2/3s of my health pool, fuck that.

Edited by JGP

There is this one quest elite that I couldn't kill. It got me like 5 times before I walked away. Was a vampiric teleporer with ice freeze I think. 

My least favorite nightmare dungeon debuff as a barb is that fucking temeporting aoe thing. It wasn't much of an issue with the sorc but it fucks my barb when I'm fighting things 5 levels higher than me. 

I decided that I wanted to finish out the rep for all the areas to get the 4 paragon points.  So I dropped down to Tier 1 to solo some strongholds and run some quick aspect dungeons.

As I’ve picked up several Obols along the way, I wondered if this is a viable way to get a quick boost in my gear for Nightmare.  Fill up to max currency on a lower tier, then come up to T3 and spend them?

If you're doing strongholds, try to do them in T3 if you can. Even if you're generally under the minimum level for the difficulty, strongholds will always only be +3 above your level, so they can be easier to begin with.

Obols are a great way to target certain pieces or aspects. If you just do events non-stop during helltides, you soon end up with a ton of them.

Edited by Soylent Brown

There is a super easy obol farming spot that I do in Tier IV near Alzuuda waypoint. It’s super mindless but there is an event near by that if you go to, complete in a few minutes, portal to main city, wait 10s and portal back to reset the event. It’s pretty easy.

Got my barb up to 80. So have a 86 src and 80 barb and holy shit is the barb easier to play. Unlimited sustain, no downtime, taking on 4 to 5 level higher elites without much of an issue other than getting CCed. It's basically easy mode compared to Ice Shards sorc.