Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

Nice, yo. I left off last night at 57. Told myself I'd try the Capstone at 60 as well.

Really * ______ the enchant cost drop as previously mentioned. Broke as fuck.

*way late edit, missing word would be need

Edited by JGP

Me? 45.

It felt easier, but I'd put that up to experience and having a better grasp of how the dmg types interact, and the defensives. The gems don't hurt either lol

First pass in vanilla my Barb was 54, then 64-65 to access TIV, iirc? Something like that.

Edited by JGP

To me right now the content is the new class I’m playing, levelling it up and figuring how I can tweak its stuff to be better or different than the vanilla class guides out there, especially in support skills chosen and paragon board setups. I do agree just doing a new set of nightmare dungeons isn’t very engaging and the malignant tunnel content is just for getting loot it’s not actually difficult. But playing a new class is enough for me for the moment.

Level 60, and this Elias fight to conclude the Capstone isn't going well.

As a melee I keep getting my shit pushed in during the phase where he summons a heap of caster adds. Died about 5 times, pausing for this. The nerf to survivability is hurting my beautiful Uchelfar. Maybe if Bleed Barb had a semi-reliable way to stagger I could burn Elias down before the caster phase, iono [spreads hands]

I'll try a couple more times.

edit: ok, made it past the caster phase, just got to get dancey avoiding Elias' attacks while I stomp the casters. Bastard still killed me when I had him at sub 10% health [ran out of pots] I'll get him. Maybe lol

edit deux: Yeah, fuck this. When a melee is kiting, they aren't doing dmg and the fight grinds on too long. Makes me want to punch the cunt responsible for the general and Aspect armor nerfs in the throat. Will have to try again a bit further in lvl wise

Edited by JGP

Yeah, it can be tough on melee when half the fight is spent fleeing nasty stufff.

Finally found out what to do with the Invoker of Varshan tonight - some of the malignant tunnels have wooden doors that lead to a room with a monstrous node, where you begin the fight.

The invoker recipe you get from completing the seasonal quest only works on T1 and T2, but killing him there gets you the T3 recipe, and killing him in T3 gets you the T4 version.

He's level 80 in T4 so I think I'll give it a few days before I try him there, but he's meant to drop decent ilevel loot.

Make sure you drop The Echo of Varshan in TII so you can get the Invoker recipe to summon him in TIII, rinse repeat for TIV.

---

I've yet to get a Wrathful Invoker, the drop chance on the Caches is quite low.

I'm definitely having a lot more fun with Druid than I did with Necro. Melee is significantly harder and riskier so far which makes it more fun, plus not having to do the campaign and just go and kill shit is much nicer than the story and subquests and endless walking. 

I crafted some attack speed potions that put me over the breakpoint [alongside an Aspect] to proc one of my Hearts more consistently [Stuns Knocks Down when attacks are over 25% AS] so I was able to Stagger Elias much more frequently [three times in that fight compared to once at lvl 60] which helped me down the bastard for the Capstone at 62. 

TIV bound. 

Hopefully I can land the remaining Aspects I want for my build there, some of this shit really doesn't like to drop for me.

Edited by JGP

Yeah, I've had some really bad luck with aspects this season so far. There's quite a few of them I haven't seen in the wild at all, so I've been using the generic store brand aspects from the codex.

My build is pretty strong, but I could be doing double the damage if a decent splintering aspect dropped.

11 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I'm definitely having a lot more fun with Druid than I did with Necro. Melee is significantly harder and riskier so far which makes it more fun, plus not having to do the campaign and just go and kill shit is much nicer than the story and subquests and endless walking. 

Same here. Did my first run-through as a Barb. Druid is much more fun. 

I’m having a lot of fun as sorc even if nerfed atm. Doing lighting instead of frost. Don’t have good hearts at all and only just getting high 600/low 700 gear. Also at the point when I have like one good aspect for each type but I don’t want to imprint because I know it’s not the item I want to keep. Like I’m running around with a yellow wand atm since 11% dmg on vulnerable enemies isn’t that impactful as a dungeon aspect.

Like I can understand that sorc is just not as strong as my rogue but it still doesn’t feel weak at this point. My power is probably a bit too tied to unstable currents but I’ve not switched to the passive that drops the cooldowns on shock skills on crits.

Basically my thing is I need max mana badly. If I get max mana then I can stay above 100 mana most of the time with elementalist. If I do that then I have 100% crit. If I do that I get crazy energy from crackling energy. With that I get pretty much non stop teleports and high uptime on unstable currents. But if I don’t have good mana or default resource gen then I can’t stay at the level to make elementalist and edgemasters stay up. Paragon board that gives ten mana on stunning an enemy goes a long way along with nodes for max mana. Raiments would be huge as well.

Edited by Arakasi

So, two questions:

a) Can you only access premium content by paying, or can you get it with favour?

b) When the season ends and your character moves to the eternal realm, can you use the same character in the following season or do you have to start a new character for each season?

Just now, Darryk said:

So, two questions:

a) Can you only access premium content by paying, or can you get it with favour?

b) When the season ends and your character moves to the eternal realm, can you use the same character in the following season or do you have to start a new character for each season?

New each season