Ukraine War: Poor put upon Russia… why will the world not just let it rape, kill, and steal toilets from Ukraine… in peace?

5 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

'Liberal Puppet State' and 'Russia' do not belong in the same sentence.

There is no reason to believe Prigozhin's would be any less corrupt than Putin's. More brutal, definitely, but the only effect that will have will be to destroy the country as the outlying provinces rise in rebellion - and the troops needed to suppress that are all dead in Ukraine. 

Wagner has been much more true to their soldiers than the MOD and Prigozhin has openly criticized corruption within the Kremlin.

5 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

You also ignored my other point: end of the day, the Ukrainian military is mostly a volunteer force whose members are motivated to repel what they see as an invading force - contrasted with Russian mobilizations that resulted in hundreds of thousands fleeing the country or going into hiding - which means those people do not see 'Greater Russia' as a cause worth dying for. 

You ignore the mobilization order of males in Ukraine. If they had so many volunteers, they wouldn’t need to kidnap people off the street. 

Oh yeah, and all the male refugees I’m hanging out with in Brighton Beach fled from the draft.

Edited by butterweedstrover

3 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

Wagner has been much more true to their soldiers than the MOD and Prigozhin has openly criticized corruption within the Kremlin.

You ignore the mobilization order of males in Ukraine. If they had so many volunteers, they wouldn’t need to kidnap people off the street.

So… does Putin want his steak knives or not?

1 minute ago, A wilding said:

The projection is strong in that sentence.

The economist sanitized the report to make Ukraine look good, but even your beloved western media is reporting on it: 

https://www.economist.com/europe/2023/02/26/ukraine-finds-stepping-up-mobilisation-is-not-so-easy 

Go on telegram or twitter to see footage of the real horrors the draft has brought.

Just now, butterweedstrover said:

In this instance I’m I favor of a ceasefire and you’re not. 

So as of today, I am anti-war and you are pro-war.

Did you support the Russian invasion of Ukraine?  Or did you call the warnings about the invasion “Alarmist talk from the West” or “Lies to make Russia look like an aggressor”?

:mellow:

Just now, butterweedstrover said:

It wasn’t Ukrainian either. Hence Russia never ‘conquered’ Ukraine. One cannot conquer themselves.

But they were fucking Russians as you claim Ukrainians are.  And as Kal pointed out… fuck your rationale.  The Russians invaded and the Russians were wrong to do so.

Did you, in the lead up to the invasion claim things like “Russia will never invade”… or… “this is propaganda to make Russia look like an aggressor nation”?

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Did you support the Russian invasion of Ukraine?  Or did you call the warnings about the invasion “Alarmist talk from the West” or “Lies to make Russia look like an aggressor”?

:mellow:

I disagreed only in that I didn’t think it would work. If Putin would really be able to remove the regime in Kiev with tanks, then absolutely.

2 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

I disagreed only in that I didn’t think it would work. If Putin would really be able to remove the regime in Kiev with tanks, then absolutely.

Kyiv.  Did you claim it would never happen like so many other Putin apologists did in the lead up to 2/23/2022 Jackson?

4 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

It’s not Russia’s place to decide who governs Ukraine.

21 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

The economist sanitized the report to make Ukraine look good, but even your beloved western media is reporting on it: 

https://www.economist.com/europe/2023/02/26/ukraine-finds-stepping-up-mobilisation-is-not-so-easy 

Go on telegram or twitter to see footage of the real horrors the draft has brought.

Just in case you really don't understand the meaning of the word "projection", it means that you are accusing Ukraine of something that Russia has been doing vastly more of. And while your "kidnap off the streets" is massively inflated hyperbole in the case of Ukraine, it is hardly any exaggeration at all of what Russia has been doing.

Edited by A wilding

18 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

Please stop talking about my penis

More a comment on the patchy back hair. 

17 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

In this instance I’m I favor of a ceasefire and you’re not. 

So as of today, I am anti-war and you are pro-war.

It's easy to call for a ceasefire after you start a fight and then are getting your ass kicked. Everything about this has been a complete failure for Putin. Everything. Ukraine frankly has every right in the world to retake their territory. It does not belong to Russia nor are the people of Ukraine suppose to just accept they're Russian because Russians say they are. 

Just go away so this thread can actually be used for updates instead of the nonsense you're spewing. 

8 minutes ago, A wilding said:

Just in case you really don't understand the meaning of the word "projection", it means that you are accusing Ukraine of something that Russia has been doing vastly more of. And while your "kidnap off the streets" and massively inflated hyperbole in the case of Ukraine, it is hardly any exaggeration at all of what Russia has been doing.

Oh boy, wait till you hear some of the stories I’ve been told: 

https://twitter.com/ThePollLady/status/1618528798420635649

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

More a comment on the patchy back hair. 

It's easy to call for a ceasefire after you start a fight and then are getting your ass kicked. Everything about this has been a complete failure for Putin. Everything. Ukraine frankly has every right in the world to retake their territory. It does not belong to Russia nor are the people of Ukraine suppose to just accept they're Russian because Russians say they are. 

Just go away so this thread can actually be used for updates instead of the nonsense you're spewing. 

Ukrainians are dying in mass according to these updates. Not that you care, as long as it helps the west geopolitically.

2 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

Oh boy, wait till you hear some of the stories I’ve been told: 

https://twitter.com/ThePollLady/status/1618528798420635649

Jackson, you’re really cluttering up the thread.  But it is telling how she’s closed off comments from anyone she doesn’t agree with.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison