Your Unpopular ASOIAF Opinions/Hot Takes

Maegor_the_Cool

12 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Out of curiosity, why?

I find Tyrion ridding the pig to be the lowest point in the series. That aside, Tyrion and Jorah out of the blue trying to help Penny never made sense to me; she literally tried to murder Tyrion in the last chapter she was in.

Some people think Tyrion is whiny, because he grew up with privilege as the son of the richest Lord on the continent and he is, but I understand t and sympathize. The same is true for Theon actually. They were both death crap hands. Of course that doesn't justify some of the things that they later did.

3 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Some people think Tyrion is whiny, because he grew up with privilege as the son of the richest Lord on the continent and he is, but I understand t and sympathize. The same is true for Theon actually. They were both death crap hands. Of course that doesn't justify some of the things that they later did.

He grew up in privilege, but the father despised him and sister always tried to murder him, the Battle of the Blackwater almost killed him, his journey in the Vale was not a holiday, he was accused of a murder he didn't and Tywin knew it. 

So was he in a privilege position respect to the average dwarf? Probably, but he faced things people rarely suffer in Westeros, he proved to have skills, his place is clearly not with Penny, but with the big ones

Edited by KingAerys_II

43 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

He grew up in privilege, but the father despised him and sister always tried to murder him, the Battle of the Blackwater almost killed him, his journey in the Vale was not a holiday, he was accused of a murder he didn't and Tywin knew it. 

So was he in a privilege position respect to the average dwarf? Probably, but he faced things people rarely suffer in Westeros, he proved to have skills, his place is clearly not with Penny, but with the big ones

Did Cersei try to murder him as a child?

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

She tried to cut his penis when he was in the cradle

I thought that she just tried to twist it off and that was a one time thing, although she did bully him.

Another unpopular opinion that I have is that Arys is a mostly decent guy by Westerosi standards. He makes a lot of dumb choices though.

14 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

I thought that she just tried to twist it off and that was a one time thing, although she did bully him.

Another unpopular opinion that I have is that Arys is a mostly decent guy by Westerosi standards. He makes a lot of dumb choices though.

Tyrion certainly suffers injustice, but he does some pretty nasty stuff, as well.  He's not as selfish as his sister, but he has none of the empathy for the smallfolk that some of the more enlightened characters possess.

24 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Tyrion certainly suffers injustice, but he does some pretty nasty stuff, as well.  He's not as selfish as his sister, but he has none of the empathy for the smallfolk that some of the more enlightened characters possess.

Most characters don't to be honest to varying degrees. As I said, Tyrion does some bad things and it doesn't justify them, but he was dealt with a shitty hand in some ways.

4 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

I'm not sure she even tried to pull it off; she was just trying to hurt him and make him cry.

If she were going to try to mutilate him, doing it in front of not only Jaime but their Martell guests doesn't seem sensible, even by her standards

8 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

I mean it's true. Growing up with a father and sister who hate you and constantly blame you for the death of their wife/mother, that can cause some real emotional damage to someone. There's also the whole, being born a dwarf thing, in a society where being a dwarf is looked down upon.