Sansa and Tyrion Annulment

Ser Arthurs Dawn

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

If Sansa persuades Dany to have Tyrion executed, then the problem is solved.

On what basis?  Tyrion never did Sansa any harm; in fact he was conspicuously nice to her.  And Sansa is well aware the marriage wasn't Tyrion's idea in the first place.

And unless she undergoes a radical change in personality, I can't see her having someone executed on false pretenses simply for her own convenience.

16 minutes ago, Nevets said:

On what basis?  Tyrion never did Sansa any harm; in fact he was conspicuously nice to her.  And Sansa is well aware the marriage wasn't Tyrion's idea in the first place.

And unless she undergoes a radical change in personality, I can't see her having someone executed on false pretenses simply for her own convenience.

Also, Tyrion will get to Daenerys first, and so would have more influence over her. And as you said, having Tyrion executed just to get him out of the way would be out of character for Sansa, Sansa even notes how he was nice to her (especially in comparison to the other Lannisters).

6 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Also, Tyrion will get to Daenerys first, and so would have more influence over her. And as you said, having Tyrion executed just to get him out of the way would be out of character for Sansa, Sansa even notes how he was nice to her (especially in comparison to the other Lannisters).

That's like being dryer than water.

27 minutes ago, Nevets said:

As Kissedbyfire says, wishful thinking is a part of it.

As to why she might, there's wedding her by force, murdering Shae, and being a lead member of a government that persecuted her family horribly. 

I'm partly reacting to the Abomination, here, where for ... reasons, the Starks were happy to forgive Tyrion and Jaime for  everything that had been done to their family, while blaming Daenerys for the actions of Aerys.

20 minutes ago, SeanF said:

As Kissedbyfire says, wishful thinking is a part of it.

As to why she might, there's wedding her by force, murdering Shae, and being a lead member of a government that persecuted her family horribly. 

I'm partly reacting to the Abomination, here, where for ... reasons, the Starks were happy to forgive Tyrion and Jaime for  everything that had been done to their family, while blaming Daenerys for the actions of Aerys.

Wishful thinking pretty well describes it.  And wishful thinking doesn't get you very far where Martin is concerned.

Tyrion didn't force Sansa to marry.  That was pretty much Tywin and Cersei.  In fact Tyrion offered to let her back out.  Sansa declined because she knew she was stuck with a Lannister and it might as well be Tyrion, who she knew and who had protected her.

I doubt Sansa cares much about Shae's murder, especially since Shae made false accusations against her as well.  And what is Tyrion supposed to do about the government?  Rebel against his own family?  We're not reading that kind of fantasy.  In any case the Starks were pretty well destroyed by the time he took charge anyway.  And the fall of Winterfell had nothing to do with him.

55 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I doubt Sansa cares much about Shae's murder, especially since Shae made false accusations against her as well.

This is OOC for Sansa as well. She's a compassionate character and even feels pity for the people who have wronged her. But she may never find out about that anyway.

6 minutes ago, Kierria said:

The Tyrion-Sansa story will end in a fashion similar to the Hunchback's and Esme's in Hugo's novel. Sansa will be executed for the deaths of Lysa. And Sweetrobin, whom Sansa will murder. 

ok now, slow down. we don't need to turn wishful thinking into a competition. ;) 

ps, i'm not familiar with you so idk if this is satire or not...

3 hours ago, Nevets said:

Alayne is unlikely to have anyone interested in marriage for her claim, or any other reason, I expect.  For that matter, the whole business of obtaining an annulment is effectively academic for now, as she can't do that as Alayne either.  Even the proposed marriage with Harry is predicated on her real identity being revealed.

Given that she's (supposedly) Littlefinger's only acknowledged child, and he's unmarried, there remains the prospect of her legitimisation, which would make her the heir to Harrenhal and the Riverlands. That's not nothing, even for someone like Harry. We don't know quite how LF is planning to play things yet.

7 minutes ago, csuszka1948 said:

She has been born a Stark and lied to the King multiple crimes. These are - in itself - crimes punishable of death or at least exile.

She also wished for the death of Janos Slynt, which is really mean and proves how evil and mad she is. And then her crazed and traitorous half brother murdered him, all because Janos was trying to talk some sense into him. :( 

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think they are, like us, taking the piss out of the infiltrated hater? 

Opps, thanks for pointing that out.  Sometimes one needs a program to see who the players are.    :dunce:

14 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Opps, thanks for pointing that out.  Sometimes one needs a program to see who the players are.    :dunce:

I hear ya. I suppose the level of inane outrageousness in haters’ posts is so off the charts that when we make silly exaggerations to point how dumb these posts are, it becomes impossible to separate the former from the latter. That’s where we are. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

She also wished for the death of Janos Slynt, which is really mean and proves how evil and mad she is.

Yes, it's typical Stark entitlement. His father tried to bribe Janos, Sansa shouldn't be surprised that he lost his head for it.

2 hours ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

And then her crazed and traitorous half brother murdered him, all because Janos was trying to talk some sense into him. :( 

Yes. Do you know that originally GRRM intended Jon to hang Janos instead of executing him? He just changed it later when he realized that this act would give away Jon's true nature to early. 

Edited by csuszka1948