Football - Never Say Die!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

A bit of a weird half. United look quite good on the ball in their defensive third but as soon as they pass it into midfield they look very blunt. Arsenal have largely been pretty comfortable but they’re also mostly not looking particularly threatening, until they went behind and immediately carved United open to equalise. They then went back to not doing much.

ETA: Good bit of VAR work there for me. Very similar to the Eze one against Arsenal. Unusual that they overturn it but the right call I’d say.

Edited by ljkeane

Can united not show up in these juventus kits btw

Also, think we got away with it a bit there - we didn't seem like we wanted the win and played a lot of that in 3rd gear with a weird lack of intensity

can't complain too much cause fuck bruno and it's always nice to win against the old enemy

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

Can united not show up in these juventus kits btw

Also, think we got away with it a bit there - we didn't seem like we wanted the win and played a lot of that in 3rd gear with a weird lack of intensity

can't complain too much cause fuck bruno and it's always nice to win against the old enemy

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

United were completely there for the taking all game

Both of these are true. That was Saka's worst game I've seen in ages. Just wasn't on it.

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

Tbf I think that happened because after we scored you remembered we're really good on the break so pushing up in our faces the whole time probably isn't the tactic. 

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Didn’t we win on a last minute winner against you lot last year? Eddie right?

Yeah. Irritating innit.

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Tbf I think that happened because after we scored you remembered we're really good on the break so pushing up in our faces the whole time probably isn't the tactic.

It wasn't even about committing people forward though - we had so many situations where just a bit of patience and composure with the 3-4 people we had in attack and we would have had the goal.

Was hoping to see both clubs flexing their title credentials but nothing of the sort from either today.  Good late business from Arsenal but that overall performance won’t have Pep too worried I shouldn’t think.  

I see Dec is starting to get used to operating 1) with his team in possession, and 2) further up the pitch.   That interception where he reached his leg out  (87th minute-ish?) was perfect Rice and might have been really important to the game.