Westeros Dynasty Football League 2023

grozeng

42 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Sorry, groz. I'm not available tonight, nor am zinsure I can take another team right now.

Thanks for responding.  

For anyone else, it just would be drafting and then I would transfer the team to another email and set rosters each week based on Yahoo point projections.  So no commitment beyond tonight's draft

Sorry, Dynasty.  I would like to draft tomorrow, but we still need someone.  We just need the person to draft.  After the draft I can transfer the team to another email and run it.  It just sucks to auto draft a team in an auction.

Or, we just autodraft a team in the auction and the first couple of players go really high.

Should we just autodraft Jace's team.  Big disadvantage is that there is $199 left so all the top people will go very high until there is no more money on that team.  Big advantage is we can just get the league done.  If so, do we still draft tonight?

@Tywin et al. @mcbigski @RaceBannon42 @Jaxom 1974 @briantw @boiled leather @Bronn Stone@BLU-RAY

9 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Should we just autodraft Jace's team.  Big disadvantage is that there is $199 left so all the top people will go very high until there is no more money on that team.  Big advantage is we can just get the league done.  If so, do we still draft tonight?

@Tywin et al. @mcbigski @RaceBannon42 @Jaxom 1974 @briantw @boiled leather @Bronn Stone@BLU-RAY

Personally, I think autodraft ruins auctions, especially on Yahoo where the player values are moronic and certainly don’t reflect this league’s roster or score settings. 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah I have to agree. @grozeng, just spam people in the NFL thread to try and find someone to do the draft and then you can set the line up until we find a permanent owner. 

OK, so then we will try for next week and miss week 1.  Can everyone try to find someone this weekend while I am away?

4 hours ago, Mudguard said:

do you guys still need someone to just draft tonight?  i can help, but i'll be winging it.  i'm not familiar with this league at all.

Thank you but unfortunately too late to draft today, but can totally use your help next week.  I am away this weekend, so we are going to have to skip week 1 and then go into it week 2.

This is a keeper league where you sign them for up to 4 year contracts.  So basically you can keep them for 3 years since the current year is counted for the 4 years.  If you decide to drop someone that is kept, you pay a penalty of 1/3 of the salary.  So if you are taking a flyer on someone and they go for 7, that would be $2 penalty to drop.  But if they go to $8, that is $3.

You would be drafting for a team that has just $1 spent on Michael Pittman Jr.  So you basically have $199 to build the team however you want.

Can you draft Wednesday night?  I can possibly do Tuesday if that works better for people but I am away all weekend and fly back Monday night.  Or we could do Thursday during the game again and retroactively go back to the beginning of week 2.

6 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I can do Wednesday after 9 30.  Have my book club until 9.

Is that your code word for a middle age orgy?

Only day that's a no go for me next week is Friday. Wednesday probably makes the most sense. 

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is that your code word for a middle age orgy?

Only day that's a no go for me next week is Friday. Wednesday probably makes the most sense. 

I feel like book club has a much more predictable ending time.

3 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I feel like book club has a much more predictable ending time.

Listen, I understand, sometimes you last six minutes and other times you can make it to ten. What you do with those GILFs in their 60's is your business. Just show up on time next Wednesday.