Football: Sieg oder Spielabbruch!

A Horse Named Stranger

Pretty encouraging for the rest of the league this. City losing to Wolves last week and just fairly rubbish today. It’s not even as if Arsenal have made them look bad by being brilliant either, they weren’t at their best too. They’ll be better with Rodri back, probably a lot better with De Bruyne back, but they don’t look the usual relentless juggernaut at the moment.

Edited by ljkeane

Just now, Consigliere said:

Mahrez and Gundogan leaving are big losses too. Those two often came up clutch at crucial moments.

Yeah. Gundogan especially I think. It wasn't just the chipping in with key goals now and then, he just filled in and did a lot of the bits and pieces stuff in midfield as needed for City. Kovocic isn't looking up to the same level as a replacement.

Fuck yes. Huge huge win going into international break. Get healthy and lets push. Havertz works for us at CF, Partey and Rice can play together and Gabriel/Saliba is the best CB combo in the league. Stay healthy and we can make a run, just need more goals.

Ajax are having a bit of a disaster this season. Not sure how Steijn is still in the job. This is the weakest Ajax side in years and probably not good enough to win the league but they should still be finishing in the top 5 and not sat in the relegation zone. Would be very surprised if Steijn isn't sacked soon with the international break coming up.

19 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Ajax are having a bit of a disaster this season. Not sure how Steijn is still in the job. This is the weakest Ajax side in years and probably not good enough to win the league but they should still be finishing in the top 5 and not sat in the relegation zone. Would be very surprised if Steijn isn't sacked soon with the international break coming up.

Interesting question, what would be the most surprising relegation in Europe? 

Bayern? Celtic? 

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I wish our current management would put pressure on referees like Ferguson did. We've been robbed of at least a dozen penalties since last season - we just don't moan about it anywhere to the extent that Arsenal and Liverpool do. Ferguson's approach was right - if you don't pressure these cunts, they'll walk all over you.

This is a bad take.

The Ferguson pressure on referees had no positive outcomes except for a tilted officiating in the short term for those Man United teams.

Otherwise, Ferguson's initiation of the surround-the-ref-and-scream tactics have led to nothing but negative results for football.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This is a bad take.

The Ferguson pressure on referees had no positive outcomes except for a tilted officiating in the short term for those Man United teams.

Otherwise, Ferguson's initiation of the surround-the-ref-and-scream tactics have led to nothing but negative results for football.

It should be mandatory for referees to plant their feet when they make a decision. That running backwards thing, to avoid getting trampled by the likes of Keane was disgusting.

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This is a bad take.

Players were surrounding referees and screaming before Ferguson showed up at United. 

14 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Players were surrounding referees and screaming before Ferguson showed up at United. 

Nothing like they did. The difference between man utd and 2nd worst team was the difference between 2nd worst and 20th. They were fucking disgusting. 

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

Nothing like they did. The difference between man utd and 2nd worst team was the difference between 2nd worst and 20th. They were fucking disgusting. 

You have a short memory then or simply incredibly biased like Wilbur who likes to pretend that Ferguson invented pressuring of referees or engages in moronic conspiracies of Ferguson buying off referees. 

10 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

You have a short memory then or simply incredibly biased like Wilbur who likes to pretend that Ferguson invented pressuring of referees or engages in moronic conspiracies of Ferguson buying off referees. 

I have a great many memories of the whole team chasing referees round the pitch in a way that should have resulted in multiple red cards.

They were absolute arseholes and far worse than anyone else, it wasn't even close. Keane in particular was and is a total fucking cunt, this recent media whitewash makes me feel sick.   

Maybe you are incredibly biased (Not maybe, you are).  

23 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have a great many memories of the whole team chasing referees round the pitch in a way that should have resulted in multiple red cards.

They were absolute arseholes and far worse than anyone else, it wasn't even close. Keane in particular was and is a total fucking cunt, this recent media whitewash makes me feel sick.   

Maybe you are incredibly biased (Not maybe, you are).  

Players running after and screaming at referees predates Ferguson and has happened in leagues all over the world. Trying to pin the blame on Ferguson is fucking moronic. Don't pretend that you are some bastion of impartiality; you're not.

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I wish our current management would put pressure on referees like Ferguson did. We've been robbed of at least a dozen penalties since last season - we just don't moan about it anywhere to the extent that Arsenal and Liverpool do. Ferguson's approach was right - if you don't pressure these cunts, they'll walk all over you.

First of all, I would like to see what these "dozen penalties" were. Which games? If you tried to find them, I'm certain you'd realize how hyperbolic that statement is.

Second, if United were victims of highway robbery like Liverpool were at Spurs, you lot would cry to high heavens.

Third, if you feel you need to pressure refs to get results then your teams sucks, and your approach to the game sucks. It's one thing to demand improvements and investigations like Liverpool have done after the match against Spurs, and what Ferguson did is quite another.

31 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Players running after and screaming at referees predates Ferguson and has happened in leagues all over the world. Trying to pin the blame on Ferguson is fucking moronic. Don't pretend that you are some bastion of impartiality; you're not.

I didn't say it didn't happen, they weaponised it though and made it a (disgraceful) artform.  Its not my team so I can be impartial, it is your team so you can't, that's not complicated.

52 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I didn't say it didn't happen, they weaponised it though and made it a (disgraceful) artform.  Its not my team so I can be impartial, it is your team so you can't, that's not complicated.

You have a bug up your arse over Ferguson and United though so you clearly can't be impartial.

"Artform" :lol: Fuck off.

17 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

You have a bug up your arse over Ferguson and United though so you clearly can't be impartial.

"Artform" :lol: Fuck off.

I literally never mentioned Fergie, I named Keane a few times though, reading helps. 

You still think Rashford is better than Isak?  Shows what you know about football, about as most glory hunters that support a team from another country that they have no earthly reason to.  

i have no problem with joint bids for tournaments, it makes absolute sense and reduces waste.  But there should be some link between the countries, Belgium/Holland, Spain/Portugal/Morocco etc, but Italy/Turkey?  Its about 1000 miles.

Edited by BigFatCoward