Spartacus: House of Ashur announced

Veltigar

18 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Indira Varma rebuking Kevin McKidd with, "Tone. Tone? My Father's COCK! How's that for 'tone'?!?" in season 1 of Rome

She was the Best! while Vorenus was an idiot. This is known by one and all.

On 11/14/2023 at 2:21 AM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Spartacus spinoff Bingo:

• "Jupiter's cock."
  • "Juno's cunt."
  • "I would have words..."
  • "Syrian" (as a pejorative) 
  • Any scene where someone talks about their homeland while looking off into the distance.
  • Ditto for a loved one.
  • Any scene featuring highly stylized and incredibly vigorous group sex.

I know there's more. Help me out here people.

... I just now remembered how awesome this show is. Time for a re-watch.

ETA: The best... The best piece of dialogue from any of these sword and sandals stories is Indira Varma rebuking Kevin McKidd with, "Tone. Tone? My Father's COCK! How's that for 'tone'?!?" in season 1 of Rome.

Gratitude

Dominus/Domina

Put hands to task…

Set mind to purpose

From the sounds of it, this is an alternate future where Asher helped put down the rebellion. 

Would have rather had a Ceasar/Crassus follow-up

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

9 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Gratitude

Dominus/Domina

Put hands to task…

Set mind to purpose

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I loved these type of lines. I think there was also like lend ear to voice or put words to mouth or something like that.

That’s awesome.

We almost have enough for a bingo card I think. 

This is interesting stuff! 

I am an huge fan of Spartacus, especially S1 and GotA, one of my all-time favourite series, even if I recognise its flaws (someone here labels it “good crap” or something, even if I wouldn’t go that far, I kind of get what it’s hinted at). Oneomaus is also one of my all-time favourite characters. 

I have not read much of a synopsis of plot or know if it exists, is that mentioned? I would be skeptical to a sequel where Ashur is supposed to be a protagonist? Is it supposed to be an alternate story of what would happen if Ashur did not die?? 

15 minutes ago, Pellert said:

Is it supposed to be an alternate story of what would happen if Ashur did not die?? 

Yep, a literal what-if that seems to take as its jumping off point Ashur helping the Romans to kill Spartacus and bring an early end to the slave rebellion, and going on from there with his inheriting or receiving the ludus.

Edited by Ran

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Yep, a literal what-if that seems to take as its jumping off point Ashur helping the Romans to kill Spartacus and bring an early end to the slave rebellion, and going on from there with his inheriting or receiving the ludus.

Hum.. That’s.. less intriguing. Would by far preferred a “real” spin-off, but granted there are few gladiators to pick from.. 

I’ll still give it a go I guess; but with less expectations. However, simple as I am, if they manage to recreate the spirit from S1/GotA, I’ll be able to overlook the “backstory”.