Football Varararararararararararia Hosannah in Excelsis

BigFatCoward

I think Newcastle has a great chance of going through. Milan has the name recognition but quality wise right now they are not better than Newcastle. Newcastle have home ground advantage too. PSG have not been all that good this season either so there's every chance of Dortmund turning them over. A draw in Dortmund would also be enough to see Newcastle through provided they beat Milan since they have a better H2H over PSG.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/12/liverpool-get-green-light-for-57000-vs-man-united/#:~:text=Liverpool will welcome supporters into,licence from Liverpool City Council.

Looks like 57000 will be total capacity for the United game, that's 7000 extra supporters.

4000 more will be allowed by end of January .

5 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I think Newcastle has a great chance of going through. Milan has the name recognition but quality wise right now they are not better than Newcastle. Newcastle have home ground advantage too. PSG have not been all that good this season either so there's every chance of Dortmund turning them over. A draw in Dortmund would also be enough to see Newcastle through provided they beat Milan since they have a better H2H over PSG.

Nah, Dortmund is gonna roll over. They are not playing a good seson either, only CL is working out for them. Bundesliga they're trailing Leverkusen by 11 points already, and they are also 4 points behind RedBull, who sit on the last CL spot. In the Cup they were eliminated by Stuttgart rather convincingly. The final score of 2-0 was rather flattering, Stuttgart absolutely dominated them.

45 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I wonder if they picked Fulham on purpose, being one of the less backwards places in the PL. 

1 minute ago, Darryk said:

Doctors gave him the all-clear but you can ever really be all-clear after heart surgery? Was a risk for him to play on but I admire his courage, glad to hear he's recovering.

Well, Klasnic played with a kidney transplant (live donation from his brother) for a few years. Mate's partner was a nurse at a nephrologist and her boss called it a slow motion suicide.

Ivan has retired from football a while ago, and is now on his third transplanted kidney. Make of that what you will... Anyway, what I want to say is this, getting clearence is not necessarily the same as being safe to play. I mean, I also have severe doubts about Eriksen being allowed to play.