Football Varararararararararararia Hosannah in Excelsis

BigFatCoward

On 12/9/2023 at 7:10 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Who is the best manager compared to how good a player they were?

Who is the worst manager compared to how good a player they were?

1) Mourinho at his prime, probably. Though Arrigo Sachi was supposedly so terrible he didn't even play for his factory's team. 

2) Maradona. 

United have been shit but at least we are still part of the hunt for that 4th/5th place. Chelsea coming off a disastrous season have shown zero improvement this season and have been FAR worse than United (they don't even have any European fixtures to contend with either). Poch should be getting the heat that Ten Hag is getting. 

Race  for routh is gonna be really interesting in the EPL.

I think the assumption should still be City, Liverpool and Arsenal qualifying for the CL,while the fourth team has changed a bit this season.

First it looked like Newcastle and Spurs were fighting it out, now Villa looks like the proverbial flavour of the month.

Personally, I'd find it immensely funny if City were to miss out, but we all know, they will win the league in the end. :dunno:

21 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

United have been shit but at least we are still part of the hunt for that 4th/5th place. Chelsea coming off a disastrous season have shown zero improvement this season and have been FAR worse than United (they don't even have any European fixtures to contend with either). Poch should be getting the heat that Ten Hag is getting. 

Poch is 6 months in, ETH has had a year and a half.  He doesn't get enough credit for the work he did last year though. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Poch is 6 months in, ETH has had a year and a half.  He doesn't get enough credit for the work he did last year though. 

Ten Hag was getting loads of shit from the media when he just started and United got off to a poor start last season. It's not anything new - United, Liverpool and Arsenal tend to get shit on by the media more than the other clubs when things aren't going well.

Edited by Consigliere

13 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Romero gets away with another red card worthy challenge. This guy is incredibly reckless and the moron refs keep allowing him to get away with dangerous play.

Yeah he's so frustrating, such a monumental defender but just puts in these shocker tackles for no reason. With about 4 red cards so far I wouldn't see he's been getting away with it most of the time though.

Got to admire Newcastle's never-say-die attitude, even at 3 goals up I didn't feel secure.

I never believed we were in crisis mode as the football we were playing was good despite not getting the results but it's obviously a big relief to get a win finally.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

looks like you picked the right game to go to. 

Mwah mwah mwah mwaaaaaaaahhh.... :lol:

We had an Amazing Time!

Before today, she didn't have any Arsenal paraphernalia. After the game, I took her to The Armoury and let her have her pick. She now has a full Arsenal kit, a lovely warm Arsenal scarf, and some Arsenal Gloves. And a Gunnersaurus plush.

My sister thinks it's hilarious. My brother in law? Not so much.

I'm not even fucking sorry. :commie:

Still loving the solidity we show, and McMessi's return to form. Now, Chelsea at this juncture was always a team we should beat at home, but it's good to take care of business anyway. And great to see Dobbin get his first goal.

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Mwah mwah mwah mwaaaaaaaahhh.... :lol:

We had an Amazing Time!

Before today, she didn't have any Arsenal paraphernalia. After the game, I took her to The Armoury and let her have her pick. She now has a full Arsenal kit, a lovely warm Arsenal scarf, and some Arsenal Gloves. And a Gunnersaurus plush.

My sister thinks it's hilarious. My brother in law? Not so much.

I'm not even fucking sorry. :commie:

Lolz. When I was a kid the Packers won the Superbowl and my uncle (dad's brother in law) sent me a jersey and a few championship shirts. My mom was like, "Nice, free clothes." My dad was not as happy (the Packers are our team's main rivals).