Football Varararararararararararia Hosannah in Excelsis

BigFatCoward

54 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Damn, tickets are expensive for nations tournaments. I was thinking of going to the USA-Uruguay game in the Copa America next summer. Over $3000 for a decent seat? GTFO

£3,000 is the price of the most expensive season ticket in the premier league.  You are never going to grow the game by pricing the working classes out.  How much is a MLS season ticket (not for inter miami as i understand they are insane). 

12 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

£3,000 is the price of the most expensive season ticket in the premier league.  You are never going to grow the game by pricing the working classes out.  How much is a MLS season ticket (not for inter miami as i understand they are insane). 

I don't know. I don't follow the MLS. I'm sure it's much more reasonable than this. I can't even begin to think how much the Argentina matches will be, especially in Miami.

Meanwhile Rostock being Rostock.

Their game against Schalke was interrupted for a mere 30 mins, because their fans decided to start shit with the Schalke fans.

ANd yes, Rostock's fan scene is majorly disgusting and the club is too feckless to stand up to its most disgusting parts.

Need an example. We played them a few weeks ago. Their fan choreo involved references to Rostock-Lichtenhagen.

The clubs response to their fans choreo some BS about them showing their appreciation for industrialized appartment blocks (as some sorta of archetetonical sign of identity or some bs like that). And it was in no way meant to use a Neo Nazi attack on refugee residences as a way to provoke the left-wing fan base of the visiting team.

Edit: It also involved by far the funniest VAR intervention thus far.

Shortly before the interruption a Rostock player received a yellow for a foul. Then like I said, the two fan groups at a go at each other, and the referee interrupted proceedings for 30 mins. The teams came back to finish the first half. Well, VAR told the ref. to check the scene again, and the yellow was subsequently upgraded to a red.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Damn, tickets are expensive for nations tournaments. I was thinking of going to the USA-Uruguay game in the Copa America next summer. Over $3000 for a decent seat? GTFO

I'm dreading what the WC tickets will cost.

Also, ugh, sloppy goal given up.

40 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I looked up our MLS team (which is probably on the middling side) and pretty decent season tickets go for around $2,000 with a range of a couple hundred either way. The best ones that come with a ton of perks are a little under $6,000. Neither is a bad deal when you consider how much it costs to go to NFL and NBA games. MLB use to be cheap, but even that has become unreasonable. 

As far as growing the game goes, they really don't need to anymore. It's the most popular sport in the world and has probably hit a ceiling. Therefore raising prices makes sense, especially when you have so many lower levels people can still afford. 

38 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Out of curiosity, I checked out the New York Red Bull site just now and their season tickets range from $500 to $4000 as listed on the site, with there being at least one more tier listed as "call for price" (which often translates to "a whole lot more than those printed prices").  Those upper end prices do include things like a free parking pass for all the home games and exclusive bar/restroom access.   A quick scan of other teams suggests a similar range, with the non-premium seats running $500 to $1500 for the season and some much pricier options with extra perks and access.

On 12/9/2023 at 3:40 PM, Spockydog said:

Taking my 8-year-old niece to see the Arsenal Ponytails v Chelsea tomorrow. Gonna be about 60000 there. It's her first real football match. She's gonna have her wee mind blown. 

I still remember walking up the stairs and out into the stands when my Grandad took me to Celtic Park for the first time. The lights, the noise, the impossibly green pitch. Ah, football. 

looks like you picked the right game to go to. 

7 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Even with a 10 point deduction, Everton have already put a bit of daylight between themselves and the bottom three.

being the victim of a perceived injustice never hurts to motivate.  

it would suck to be in the championship when their new stadium opens.