Football Varararararararararararia Hosannah in Excelsis

BigFatCoward

5 hours ago, kairparavel said:

331 as of tonight. 

It's insane how many caps women get compared to men. 

There are 21 players with more caps than Ronaldo who holds the mens record, and he' s been pretty much first choice and free from injury for Portugal for 20 years.  He would need to play 15 international games a year until he is 48 to beat the womens record. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

9 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Those adverts are fucking awful and cringe. I never understand very very wealthy people selling their souls like that. 

Hmmm, let's see. A harmless, cheesy advertisement to sell some revolting white foodstuff. Or an entire city selling their collective soul to a guy who chops up journalists and then dissolves the evidence in acid. 

I think we all know which is the more awful. 

Edited by Spockydog

30 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Hmmm, let's see. A harmless, cheesy advertisement to sell some revolting white foodstuff. Or an entire city selling their collective soul to a guy who chops up journalists and then dissolves the evidence in acid. 

I think we all know which is the more 

Cheering for your team and the players is not the same as supporting a corrupt regime. 

And let's not act like any other fan base would do anything different.

How many arsenal players stood up to be counted when the world cup went to Qatar? 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Cheering for your team and the players is not the same as supporting a corrupt regime. 

And let's not act like any other fan base would do anything different.

How many arsenal players stood up to be counted when the world cup went to Qatar? 

Don't try and pretend that you would not have the exact same attitude as me if it was Sunderland got bought up by the Saudis.

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

Don't try and pretend that you would not have the exact same attitude as me if it was Sunderland got bought up by the Saudis.

I wouldn't be hypocritical about it. I'd hate them because they are fucking wooly backed bogtrotters with eyebrows under their eyes, not because they were owned by a petro state. 

So I’m still reasonably sure De Bruyne comes back and City cruise to the title but a 6 point deficit is starting to become a little bit of a challenge.

ETA: This is the best anyone’s played against City this season. Arsenal were lucky to win and Liverpool and Spurs were lucky to draw really. Villa seem well worth their lead here. Emery really is doing well.

Edited by ljkeane

11 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

So I’m still reasonably sure De Bruyne comes back and City cruise to the title but a 6 point deficit is starting to become a little bit of a challenge.

ETA: This is the best anyone’s played against City this season. Arsenal were lucky to win and Liverpool and Spurs were lucky to draw really. Villa seem well worth their lead here. Emery really is doing well.

I'm just checking in on sky sports and they are really talking up how deserved this is for villa so far. 

When we had our full team we absolutely humped them like nobody else has, what might have been. Tonali had the best debut I've ever seen. 

22 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm just checking in on sky sports and they are really talking up how deserved this is for villa so far. 

When we had our full team we absolutely humped them like nobody else has, what might have been. Tonali had the best debut I've ever seen. 

City didn’t have a shot after the 11th minute tonight. It genuinely might be the most in the back foot I’ve ever seen a Guardiola side. Kind of nuts really.

33 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I think it's going to be a good title race this season. Liverpool and Arsenal are both looking good with Liverpool having the added advantage of having a squad with the experience of getting 90+ points and taking a title race down to the wire.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

That was a good performance but it's still a big problem that we only scored two. Chelsea are so bad. We've had moments where we look like some of our players don't want it enough, but nothing compared to them. 

We should have had this game wrapped up in the first half. Our forwards are fucking useless and we almost fucked this game because of their incompetence. Thank goodness McTominay isn't allergic to hitting the back of the net.

Couple of notes: Antony spent most of the game, when we were in possession, pushing up against the nearest defender, calling for the ball and aiming to beat them with his first touch. Which was great, because his first touch is probably his best attribute and not trusting himself to do that more was exactly what I was complaining about a few days ago. 

Hojlund was blunt as a finisher, but the difference in energy between him and Martial is crazy. I don't even think that's a desire issue for Martial, the injuries have fucked him up so much the dude can barely run. 

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

We were never in any threat to lose though. City had .35 xg against us or something stupidly low.

Arsenal aren't going to want to go to Villa at all this weekend, i think thats 14 home wins in a row now. If they come out of back to back City and Arsenal with 6 points what a fucking week that is.

I don't think they can win iit all, but its great for the league, other than another top 4 rival. 

13 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I wouldn't be hypocritical about it. I'd hate them because they are fucking wooly backed bogtrotters with eyebrows under their eyes, not because they were owned by a petro state. 

Hate for the right reasons, y'all!