Football Varararararararararararia Hosannah in Excelsis

BigFatCoward

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He'll probably never play for us again, unless he extends his contract at the end of this season. Such a disappointing way to end his Liverpool career. :(

Liverpool were lukewarm (At best) about extending largely because of his injury history. Performance wise he has worked out perfectly fine for you, even outperformung van Dijk at times (most notably in the CL final against Spurs). Anyway, that's pretty much guaranteed the end of Matip's Liverpool career. He will leave with a nice colleciton of winners medals. I am kinda curious, whether he will sign elsewhere or just retire with a fair chance of being able to actually walk away from the game.

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Arsenal aren't going to want to go to Villa at all this weekend, i think thats 14 home wins in a row now. If they come out of back to back City and Arsenal with 6 points what a fucking week that is.

I don't think they can win iit all, but its great for the league, other than another top 4 rival. 

Will be interesting. Last time Villa lost at home was to Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, baxus said:

Even a one year ban would end his career in top-level football. Would be a shame if he hadn't already done the same even before failing doping tests.

Is he known as a repeat offender? I didn't see that mentioned in the few articles I read. 

5 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Yeah, that’ll be the end of his Liverpool career. It’s a shame it ends on that note after largely a very time with us, at least he’s been good this season after a down year last season.

On the plus side for Liverpool pretty all our centre backs have been good this year, including Quansah, so it’s not a complete disaster.

31 minutes ago, baxus said:

I don't remember him being caught doping earlier, but I am getting older so my memory is not proof of anything :lol:

Damnit man, I'm relying on your Eurocommie ass! 

But still, four years seems harsh. Is it common to ask for something so severe? 

Damn, just saw that Santos have been relegated for the first time in the club's history. From what I've read the club has been in trouble for a while and relegation seemed to be an inevitable outcome eventually. At least Pele didn't live to see his club go down.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Damn, just saw that Santos have been relegated for the first time in the club's history. From what I've read the club has been in trouble for a while and relegation seemed to be an inevitable outcome eventually. At least Pele didn't live to see his club go down.

Did George Santos cause this? He was also recently relegated. 

47 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

The Italian authorities usually recommend a 4-year ban as a default for doping offences but mitigating factors could reduce the ban.

That just seems absurdly high. I get a year long ban, but four? Damn.

48 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Is it? For peds I'd go lifetime ban everything.

I think HGH is fine for recovery after a major injury and not all peds are made the same. I'm not for a lifetime ban on the first positive test. The third? Sure, that's fair.

It will be a shame to lose out on the opportunity to watch Matip gallop forward in an ungainly manner with the ball, through a bemused midfield, to lead an unexpected attack on goal.

He seems like a good fellow, too, in much the same way the team was full of cheerful teammates there for a good while under Klopp.