Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

You just knew that after the success of Oppenheimer, these type of historical epics of the 20th Century's key global events would flood into theaters.

Dead Boy Detectives is radically different in tone and style (and casting) than the original source stuff. I am surprised to some degree. Aging the dead boy detectives up, that makes sense, labor laws and all, but the rest... interesting.  I suppose Gaiman decided that it is a bit one-note as originally created.

5 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

The guy standing next to Cavill looked really familiar so I looked him up. I recognized him from Warrior Queen, but did not realize he was young Voldermort from HP6. Lad grew up.

Catching up on these trailers, and Downtown Owl is supposed to be set in 1983 but everyone looks like ... now. Like, they made an effort with the clothes, but the hairstyles are mostly all wrong, as are the make-up styles. It's really weird. Them: The Scare, set in 1991, manages to be a lot more evocative of its era.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Catching up on these trailers, and Downtown Owl is supposed to be set in 1983 but everyone looks like ... now. Like, they made an effort with the clothes, but the hairstyles are mostly all wrong, as are the make-up styles. It's really weird. Them: The Scare, set in 1991, manages to be a lot more evocative of its era.

Isn't hair usually the big historical epic fail?  Very, very few Big Actors are willing to have their do mussed in order to fit the rest of the scene.

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Isn't hair usually the big historical epic fail?  Very, very few Big Actors are willing to have their do mussed in order to fit the rest of the scene.

Hair for all genders, and for women, shoes.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Come on actors! Take a feathered 'do or a can of hairspray for the team!