Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

Fallout is looking good.

My only hope is they don't ignore the first two games and New Vegas. Los Angeles aka the Boneyard should be the relatively bustling capital of the New California Republic at this point, so it's a bit concerning to see it a completely barren wasteland. Perhaps that coastal stretch is still lawless and the inner city core is where things are at, or there's some kind of backstory revision to explain why the NCR has fallen on bad times (NCR flags did appear in earlier shots, so they do seem to be around).

Yet another Dogmeat variant being around is cool. And Michael Emerson is always awesome.

Also the "2 day free shipping" line was quite amusing.

Edited by Werthead

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

My only hope is they don't ignore the first two games and New Vegas. Los Angeles aka the Boneyard should be the relatively bustling capital of the New California Republic at this point, so it's a bit concerning to see it a completely barren wasteland. Perhaps that coastal stretch is still lawless and the inner city core is where things are at, or there's some kind of backstory revision to explain why the NCR has fallen on bad times (NCR flags did appear in earlier shots, so they do seem to be around).

Isn't Shady Sands supposed to be the capitol of the NCR?

I really hope that Todd wasn't petty enough to kill off the NCR just to stick it to people preferring the Black Isle/Obsidian entries over Bethesda's.

The show looks good, but such disregard for other peoples' work would sour me forever. It's already unfortunate that they went with the East Coast Fallout 4 aesthetics.

Edited by ASOIAFrelatedusername

Just now, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

Isn't Shady Sands supposed to be the capitol of the NCR?

I really hope that Todd wasn't petty enough to kill off the NCR just to stick it to people preferring the Black Isle/Obsidian entries over Bethesda's.

I thought Shady Sands was in the Greater LA metropolitan area (which, for those of us outside the US, it should be remembered is almost unfathomably massive), but re-checking the Wiki no, it's a fair distance away.

New Vegas has dialogue indicating that the Boneyard is at least partially being rebuilt and has been tamed, but some parts of it are still dangerous. Of course, the TV show is ~15 years after New Vegas, so it's possible the NCR has suffered reversals.

Anyone want to identify all the Houses in that trailer after the expected Targ and Hightower ones?  One looks like a lamb on a green field, one was three red chevrons on white field...

Edit:  I googled it, lamb is Stokeworth.  The chevrons look like House Rosby.

I think the shot at 0:34 might be the Winter Wolves.

0:37 looks like it could be Sunfyre vs Moondancer, but they switched the ages of the dragons, making Sunfyre younger?  On the other hand, could be two different dragons -- possibly Grey Ghost, if someone managed to ride her, whereas in the book she was wild, and eaten by the Cannibal.  I don't know if the golden one is golden enough to warrant the name Sunfyre.

Where my Lads at?  Possibly there at 0:50.

Edited by SpaceChampion

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Anyone want to identify all the Houses in that trailer after the expected Targ and Hightower ones?  One looks like a lamb on a green field, one was three red chevrons on white field...

Edit:  I googled it, lamb is Stokeworth.  The chevrons look like House Rosby.

I think the shot at 0:34 might be the Winter Wolves.

0:37 looks like it could be Sunfyre vs Moondancer, but they switched the ages of the dragons, making Sunfyre younger?  On the other hand, could be two different dragons -- possibly Grey Ghost, if someone managed to ride her, whereas in the book she was wild, and eaten by the Cannibal.  I don't know if the golden one is golden enough to warrant the name Sunfyre.

Where my Lads at?  Possibly there at 0:50.

That looked like Rhaenyra with Syrax and the other looked a bit like Seasmoke, so that means the guy was Addam.

Edited by Corvinus85

1 hour ago, Ran said:

You can see the Darklyn shield at 0:29 as well.

Pretty sure all those crownlands arms means 

Reveal hidden contents

the Battle of Rook's Rest.

Definitely getting that battle. 

Also 

Spoiler

Is the guy being executed by Criston Cole Lord Darklyn? The greens sacked Duskendale and if I recall Cole did have Darklyn beheaded.

Halo has at least made it as far as the Fall of Reach and then finding the OG ring, which is where Season 1 really should have ended.

I found the first season okay. Burn Gorman in full screen-chewing mode was pretty good, and the action sequences were genuinely very impressive. But there was also a lot of dumb.

You guys know that bethesdas strength has never been in their narrative right ? So the tv show can only be an improvement on the games ! I don’t know about the first 2 games but I guess they’ll safely ignore those as most of the mainstream fans are from fallout 3 and beyond 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

8 hours ago, Ran said:

You can see the Darklyn shield at 0:29 as well.

Pretty sure all those crownlands arms means 

Reveal hidden contents

the Battle of Rook's Rest.

Hey any idea on how many seasons they’ll take overall to cover the dance and Aegon IIIs reign ?  And have they hinted whether they’ll continue the story of the remaining targaryens beyond this story ? 

4 hours ago, Werthead said:

Halo has at least made it as far as the Fall of Reach and then finding the OG ring, which is where Season 1 really should have ended.

I found the first season okay. Burn Gorman in full screen-chewing mode was pretty good, and the action sequences were genuinely very impressive. But there was also a lot of dumb.

I’m optimistic for season 2. Finding its feet and all that. 

Halsey and Kai’s sub plots were cool. But yeah, there was some stuff that wasn’t so great.