Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

2 hours ago, Arakasi said:

What’s with pink colored Godzilla? Also that shot at the end looked really weird. Is that like a baby Godzilla? Just felt really unnatural looking.

Doesn't matter.  They NEED to do a Predator handshake when they meet in this one. "Pushing too many pencils Kong?"

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Doesn't matter.  They NEED to do a Predator handshake when they meet in this one. "Pushing too many pencils Kong?"

This would be amazing.

I'm surprised there are two Godzilla movies coming out back to back. Is IP gone now? I know Mickey Mouse's expiries at the end of the year which be a lot of fun.

The thing is with these giant monsters is that you need the sense of scale. Having Godzilla waddle along there super speed as Kong chases after just loses all sense of scale and realism. (Haha I know realism with kaijus but this also killed Pacific Rim 2 in comparison to 1 when the monsters/mechs lost all sense of weight in their movements) Just a really bad shot that I hope never makes the finished movie. Godzilla just looks like a dude in a suit.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm surprised there are two Godzilla movies coming out back to back. Is IP gone now?

No. It's more that Toho don't seem to see the American movies as in competition with or interfering with their own productions. 

In fact (though I dunno if this is any kind of formal decision or just a coincidental changing of the taste of those in charge in the ten years they took off from their own films) they seem quite happy to let the American films take on the mantle of 'Godzilla as hero' and the Toho ones go back to the roots- both Japanese live action films since the Legendary films started, and as far as I can tell an entire anime trilogy in between as well, have Godzilla-the-horrifying-monster type vibes. 

I should finish Shin Godzilla. 

13 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

That looks wicked. 

Svetlana from For all Mankind is in this.  I guess she gets out of trouble with the Soviets...

Oleg from The Americans, too, so now there's a KGB mole on the ISS...

ETA: Trailer looks cool but dumb. What is the point of taking control of the ISS? It's not useful militarily. 

Edited by Ran

3 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I clicked on this hoping it was the Tom Cruise space movie. But I guess that will be announced with much pomp and flair when he finally goes up there. :laugh:

58 minutes ago, Ran said:

Svetlana from For all Mankind is in this.  I guess she gets out of trouble with the Soviets...

Oleg from The Americans, too, so now there's a KGB mole on the ISS...

ETA: Trailer looks cool but dumb. What is the point of taking control of the ISS? It's not useful militarily. 

He was in the latter seasons of Homeland where he actually played a GRU agent. So just another day of the office.

I suppose either side could potentially use it for espionage if satellites go down, but at the point where America is on fire, and presumably Russia, too, I agree not much point. Clearly a movie made in the backdrop of the Ukraine War and the renewed Cold War style tensions with Russia.

22 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I clicked on this hoping it was the Tom Cruise space movie. But I guess that will be announced with much pomp and flair when he finally goes up there. :laugh:

He was in the latter seasons of Homeland where he actually played a GRU agent. So just another day of the office.

I suppose either side could potentially use it for espionage if satellites go down, but at the point where America is on fire, and presumably Russia, too, I agree not much point. Clearly a movie made in the backdrop of the Ukraine War and the renewed Cold War style tensions with Russia.

He’s also in this show Obliterated on Netflix. Terrible but so entertaining.

Edited by Mexal

Murder is Easy is an upcoming British mystery thriller television serial, based on the 1939 Agatha Christie novel of the same name. It is adapted by Siân Ejiwunmi-Le Berre and directed by Meenu Gaur. It will premiere on BBC One on 25 December 2023.

The series will air on BBC One and iPlayer in the UK, and on BritBox International’s streaming service in the US, Canada and South Africa.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2023/murder-is-easy-first-look