Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

Is there any Cromwell Cornwell material for Sean Bean to play Sharpe at Bean's current age?  Like in the Opium Wars for example?  Or is the character already dead?

Edited by SpaceChampion

3 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Is there any Cromwell material for Sean Bean to play Sharpe at Bean's current age?  Like in the Opium Wars for example?  Or is the character already dead?

Assume you mean "Cornwell" not Cromwell?

You decide -- first opium war in China: 1839 – 1842.

Edited by Zorral

Man in Full is an upcoming American television drama limited series starring Jeff Daniels and Diane Lane, and created by David E. Kelley and directed by Regina King and Thomas Schlamme based on Tom Wolfe's novel of the same name for Netflix

Cast and characters

On 4/17/2024 at 1:34 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Man in Full is an upcoming American television drama limited series starring Jeff Daniels and Diane Lane, and created by David E. Kelley and directed by Regina King and Thomas Schlamme based on Tom Wolfe's novel of the same name for Netflix

Cast and characters

Camp and Daniels had me laughing. Is the book this funny? 

Transformers has had enough different timelines (it launched with two completely unrelated timelines proceeding in tandem, which remains weird), continuities, reboots, relaunches and retakes that doing an animated prequel comedy movie is perfectly valid. If it works or not it doesn't really matter because something else will be along soon to pick up after it.

Incidentally, May is I believe the 40th anniversary of the franchise, as that's when the toys launched in the US market (under the Diaclone and Micro Change banners, they'd already been out in Japan for 2-3 years by that point, of course) and the first issue of the Marvel Transformers comic was released.

12 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I feel like I would put money on the odds that at least one of the writers/creators/producers has played Titanfall.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

I feel like I would put money on the odds that at least one of the writers/creators/producers has played Titanfall.

Or Overwatch, or Mechwarrior, or...

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Or Overwatch, or Mechwarrior, or...

Does Mechwarrior have the AI companion/co-pilot of the mech/exoskeletion chatting with you? I don't recall that from when I last played the games, but it's a big part of Titanfall.

Just now, Ran said:

Does Mechwarrior have the AI companion/co-pilot of the mech/exoskeletion chatting with you? I don't recall that from when I last played the games, but it's a big part of Titanfall.

Pretty sure that's part of the Clan stuff but I could be wrong. It's been a while. D Va does, as does Halo/Cortana, as does Into the Spider Verse and Peni Parker.

There's a lot of that out there.