NFL Playoffs 2024: How The Hell Are The Lions In The Final Four??? Inconceivable!

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

I know its a false equivalency and different coaches/situations blah, blah, blah... but Jones was in contention for Rookie of the Year and was a Pro Bowl Alternate.  And yet, we expect Justin Fields to fetch a second rounder or some such?

I mean, how a player performed in 2021 is not going to have much of an impact on his perceived value in the upcoming 2024 season.  Especially if he really sucked hard in 2023.  That's just, ya know, basic common sense in the valuation of players.

Schefter just confirmed Wilson is signing a one year deal with the Steelers.

I don't really know what to say. Since Khan and Weidl took over the Steelers have made moves that the Colbert regime would've never done. Risky and aggressive more or less. So far I think it's worked out so I'll trust them on this. I guess it's a no risk situation so why not. Pickett hasn't done anything to outright win him the job so I'm okay with it and don't care if this move is going to hurt feelings.

Steelers Country.... Let's Ride!

Edited by l2 0 5 5

It's especially good because presumably Wilson signed a minimum deal - because any money Pittsburgh pays him goes against what Denver owes him. Getting him on a vet minimum salary + potential bonuses is probably pretty awesome. 

15 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's especially good because presumably Wilson signed a minimum deal - because any money Pittsburgh pays him goes against what Denver owes him. Getting him on a vet minimum salary + potential bonuses is probably pretty awesome. 

Yep exactly. They must think they can get something out of him which Denver thought too, but without paying him the money Denver did. We didn't have a contingency plan with Pickett this year so it was necessary. He's injury prone and hasn't proven he's the guy. There's a solid team on both sides of the ball so they had to do something. 

Kirk Cousins to the Falcons.  I had expected Minnesota to resign him.  Atlanta has invested a lot of draft capital (Kyle Pitts, Bijan Robinson, Drake London) in their offensive skill positions, so I guess this year we'll get to find out if they have talent or just "talent". 

I told ya'll they wouldn't resign him. I cannot believe Atlanta gave him $180M with $100M guaranteed over for years. That's shockingly bad for a QB who will turn 36 before the season starts coming off of an Achillies tear. 

Just please for the love of god Vikings don't trade up for a QB. I'd rather they trade JJ than do that. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I told ya'll they wouldn't resign him. I cannot believe Atlanta gave him $180M with $100M guaranteed over for years. That's shockingly bad for a QB who will turn 36 before the season starts coming off of an Achillies tear.  

Who is also named Kirk Cousins.  That alone should make you not want to sign him.

37 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Who is also named Kirk Cousins.  That alone should make you not want to sign him.

To be fair he was having a statistically great season before the injury, it just wasn't translating into wins. Lowkey I'm kind of glad he got hurt to give the Vikes a reason not to resign him. Now I just hope they don't do something dumb. 

I'm just amused at Barkley to the Eagles, which is both a great example of why you don't draft RBs that high and the Eagles also likely to be sucking a bit. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

To be fair he was having a statistically great season ...... it just wasn't translating into wins. 

Kirk Cousins in a nutshell.  

Apparently not everyone in Texas knows how to play Texas Hold Em'.    Jerry, this is not how All In looks. This is how standing pat, checking, hoping for a free card looks.

If that house Derrick Henry bought recently is so he can sign w Houston and not Dallas I will cry a little.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1767257681956393128?s=20

Don’t worry Ty… you’ve got a Ginger Hammer as your savior.

Dear god no! I mean I want us to tank this season, but that would just be cruel. 

2 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Kirk Cousins in a nutshell.  

I think that knock on Kirk is a little overstated at this point. He's not a bad QB.

3 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Dear god no! I mean I want us to tank this season, but that would just be cruel. 

I think that knock on Kirk is a little overstated at this point. He's not a bad QB.

He's basically Matt Ryan right? Jared Goff'ish.  Good QB who can operate an offense and not hurt you.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

He's basically Matt Ryan right? Jared Goff'ish.  Good QB who can operate an offense and not hurt you.

Ryan is a good comp. Don't agree with Goff, he's a tier below. But all three are in the mirror category for me, they reflect what's around them. You can win with a QB like that, but not when they're eating up so much of the cap. The argument for what the Falcons did is a lot of their players are still on rookie deals, but I don't think you can bet on Kirk being fully healthy next season and that deal will catch up on them quickly once they have to start paying players. And I'm not even sure they'll win the division if Kirk is mostly healthy. 

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

Apparently not everyone in Texas knows how to play Texas Hold Em'.    Jerry, this is not how All In looks. This is how standing pat, checking, hoping for a free card looks.

If that house Derrick Henry bought recently is so he can sign w Houston and not Dallas I will cry a little.

Ravens.  Hmph.

Makes sense.

Patrick Queen to the Steelers for 3 years $41M. I love this. First off great for the drama, secondly, and most importantly, we suffered a wild amount of injuries to ILB last year.