Dreams

I've been having more vivid ones lately and thought it would be fun to open a thread where we can all record our own.

Yesterday was one where a cat and dog were playing with a beautiful woman in the background, but she wasn't someone I know. The day before was my house being overrun by ants. 

16 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Is there anything more boring than other people's dreams? I don't think so. 

And the same goes for dream sequences in books and film. Just no. 

Come on, I can list lots of things that are way more boring than other people’s dreams or dreams in film/books. I mean, they can be boring but then they can be interesting, funny, crazy, wild, sexy, etc. Don’t be so curmudgeonly! 

13 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Humanity will only be truly happy when the last of the capitalists has been hanged with the guts of the last of the bureaucrats.

My grandfather used to say the same but with priests and politicians. 

I dreamt my fixed red tonkinese cat who sleeps with me every night had a litter of four white kittens… they were beautiful.  I also dreamed my wife and I spent a week with a family in a very nice brownstone in Manhattan… they had a rooftop garden that was beautiful.  

I’ve never really been to NYC.  LaGuardia doesn’t count.

This has been a fun thread to do a few times over the years. Just putting in my screen name and "dreams", Google didn’t turn much up but Bing did, with some of my past inanity.

Just to torture Spockydog, here's one of mine from 2017:

Test

Had to post this dream. Yeah I've watched many comic book movies and TV shows, but lately I haven't watched much at all, maybe my subconscious got starved so made its own comic book movie.

So it was a Spider-Man movie. Toby Maguire was back in the role of Peter Parker, he was playing the character as an older, early to mid-thirties Spider-Man.

The villain was an evil sadistic Jigsaw-type character, except he looked like the DC character Tobias White or kind of like Marlon Brando in the Island of Dr. Moreau. He was a crime boss with a strong gang under his control. He liked to abduct people, keep them prisoner in his home and play games with them, each unique for each captive. Like this one captive, he kept in a room and forced him to continually keep throwing a clay pigeon against a padded wall. If the pigeon broke, either accidentally or on purpose, the captive could have an hour to rest and be offered food and drink. However, he was only supplied with 5 pigeons in the room with him, once he broke his last pigeon, he would be killed. The villain informed his prisoners that when only one of them was left alive, their reward would be their freedom.

Bruce Willis was in the movie, he played a cop that had a sister that was killed by this villain and he was out for revenge. With some effort he was able to track him down and confronted him. The guy had a house by a river and when Willis found him and confronted him, the villain had some traps and devices and also some of his gang there that slowed and injured Willis but didn't stop him, in the end the villian fled. Willis cornered him down by the river and threw him in. There were alligators in the river and attacked him. Both his legs were chewed off. Willis was worn out by then but also considered this a fate worse than death and left him like that.

However, the river was full of toxic waste and the alligators were mutated radioactive gators. The villain, with no legs, managed to crawl out of the river and collapsed on the bank. Then the mutation happened. I know alligators can't regrow limbs, but they can regrow teeth, and like I said these were mutated gators, and my mind was associating with The Lizard, plus dream logic. So he was able to regrow his limbs, but they were scaly reptilian limbs. He also gained the ability to transform his entire body into a powerful man-alligator creature, and he could turn back more or less to his human form, except his legs always stayed reptilian.

So now Spider-Man confronts him and is over whelmed, almost killed by him. He's rescued by two other Spider-men that show up. They are all wearing the red and blue costumes but each one slightly different, like the differences in the costumes between the three different Spider-men in the movies. And it turns out that these Spider-men were played by Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland. They weren't clones (thank goodness) they weren't Peter Parkers or related to Peter, but they were brothers. It turns out that the brothers both had a hereditary disease that was killing them. Garfield's character was a genius and at some point he found out about this experimental serum that Oscorp had. He had no idea that the serum was derived from radioactive spiders.

After sneaking away some serum and doing some test on it with samples of his and his brother's blood, he tinkered with it and eventually dosed himself with it. When it seemed that the serum was eliminating his disease, he gave the final dose to his brother. Not too long after, both brothers began to develop much of Spider-Man's abilities. Garfield's character was more concerned about this than Holland's who thought it was "amazing" and he was a big fan of Spider-Man in the first place. Eventually both brothers made their own costumes and decided to become crime fighters.

So the three Spider-Men fight and defeat Gatorman and he's put in maximum security supervillain jail. Maguire reveals his Peter Parker identity and Garfield and Holland reveal theirs. Garfield's Spider-man asks Parker how he thought up and developed his web shooters and shows him his that he invented for him and his brother after being able to find a sample of Peter's webbing left behind by his web-slinging in the city and analyzing it. Parker smiles as he sees they are not all exactly alike in powers and shows his organic web shooting ability. The three decide to become a team.

But that's not the end of the story. Throughout this, there was another character, a mad scientist type who was obsessed with building a machine to communicate with God. He eventually builds his machine, activates it, and contacts...Galactus.

Through the machine Galactus sends a stream of his power and the scientist turns into a King Kong sized creature and begins to wreak havoc on New York. The Spider-man team go into action but they need more help. Iron Man and Thor enter the picture. They are the only original Avengers available at the time, but they've also got some new recruits. Two females, basically Ice and Fire (heh) of DC comics, plus this guy who looks and talks like Vincenzo Santorini from the Disney movie Atlantis, his ability is pretty much a super tracker with heightened smell and athletic abilities.

Together they all defeat Mad Scientist Kaiju, but the end of the movie Tony Stark discovers something chilling, the mad scientist machine has brought the attention of Galactus on Earth and he's coming.

There was even a post credit scene. Maguire/Parker takes Stark aside and says he has not stopped changing since being bitten by the radioactive spider. His internal organs have changed to a point where he can no longer eat solid food, in fact the only way he can supply sustenance to his body is from drinking blood, human blood. There's been a rash of decapitations in the city. Parker confesses to Stark it was him, but everyone he's ever killed he was sure were all "bad guys". Stark looks very worried.

There's even more. There was a teaser trailer for a new 20th Century Fox Fantastic Four reboot movie :rolleyes: . It shows four escape/stasis pods that were ejected from a space craft after being hit by cosmic rays. The pods landed in China (Fox going after the lucrative China market, the whole movie is set there). The camera pans over the four pods but you're only able to see through the window in one of them. It's Johnny Storm, but the actors for the film haven't even been cast yet so it's just a drawing. Storm is wearing the familiar blue and white costume with the 4 on the chest. He looks like Johnny Quest though, blond hair, blue eyes, about 12 years old. The trailer's main message it seemed it was trying to get across being "We're doing it right this time, please watch this, please!!!"

I even dreamed of discussing the trailer on this board. Most of cynical and disgusted with Fox believing that Fox thought the reason Fant4stic failed was because Johnny Storm was cast as a black character not because the movie just plain sucked.

So, uh, dreams are fun.

18 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I dreamt my fixed red tonkinese cat who sleeps with me every night had a litter of four white kittens… they were beautiful.  I also dreamed my wife and I spent a week with a family in a very nice brownstone in Manhattan… they had a rooftop garden that was beautiful.  

You have lovely dreams, Scot! I mean, gorgeous kittens and rooftop gardens in Manhattan, who could ask for more? 

I often remember my dreams, and some I’ve been having since I was a kid. For instance, since I was a small child I have dreams where I’m flying; the settings/scenarios/situations change, but there’s always flying involved. I have these dreams still, and I absolutely fucking love them! 

22 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. 

Scot, you need to eat more cheese, man. 

15 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You have lovely dreams, Scot! I mean, gorgeous kittens and rooftop gardens in Manhattan, who could ask for more? 

I often remember my dreams, and some I’ve been having since I was a kid. For instance, since I was a small child I have dreams where I’m flying; the settings/scenarios/situations change, but there’s always flying involved. I have these dreams still, and I absolutely fucking love them! 

I don’t ever recall a dream of flying.  I had one where I fell off a building… that was a dosy.

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I actually remember testing for lucid dreaming a couple times by seeing whether I could fly. For the tests, at least, I'm cautious enough not to jump off buildings, just jump in the air.

Most of the time when I fly though it seems to be Super Mario physics. I gain altitude at first and depending on maneuvers can keep altitude for a while but almost always keep getting pulled back down until I come in for a soft landing on my belly.

Idk how you don't have dreams about flying. As a kid I had a recurring one where the A, X and Y wings from Star Wars were fighting the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz and I was flying around trying to attack the Wicked Witch of the West. The entire sequence took place in a staircase in the house I lived in. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Idk how you don't have dreams about flying. As a kid I had a recurring one where the A, X and Y wings from Star Wars were fighting the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz and I was flying around trying to attack the Wicked Witch of the West. The entire sequence took place in a staircase in the house I lived in. 

That’s kinda awesome.  

40 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

The entire sequence took place in a staircase in the house I lived in. 

Even now, at 42 years old, I'd say that 95% of my dreams still take place in my childhood home. It's seared deep into my brain. The other 5% take place in a school or some vague, unspecified street. I don't think I've ever had a dream that took place in an apartment that I rented, or my current property. That I remember at least.