The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #8

LongRider

8 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I don’t know what you guys have in the US, but there are no “watch repair shops” that I’ve ever seen in Canada. You go to a good jeweler, the kind that sells watches. They usually have a repair person on staff.

They are a dying breed but they do exist here.  I take my watches to him for battery changes.  He sells a vast assortment of antique clocks as well.  It's pretty charming, actually.

30 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

:grouphug:  I understand…

The hardest thing was to be the bigger man and forgive the rotten bastard on his death bed. He was truly a terrible person. My step-brother and I would regularly joke about ways he could die, then he did in an ugly way. But still we can laugh about how much happier his mom is now. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

The hardest thing was to be the bigger man and forgive the rotten bastard on his death bed. He was truly a terrible person. My step-brother and I would regularly joke about ways he could die, then he did in an ugly way. But still we can laugh about how much happier his mom is now. 

Jesus, if that's what you were joking about, he really must have been awful.

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

Jesus, if that's what you were joking about, he really must have been awful.

I've always joked, I'm the son of the black sheep to an otherwise very wealthy and well to do family. He was a lawyer, but a true garbage person who was a heroin addict and violent to the women in his life. I wear his fancy gold bracelet to remind myself never to be like him.

Just treated myself to a new pair of Ray-Bans for Barcelona. 

Bought my current aviators in 2007. I have taken insanely good care of them, verging on the obsessive, and they barely have a scratch. My favourite sunglasses of all time.

But, oh wow, these new blue and gold ones are lovely and sexy.

Edited by Spockydog

27 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Just treated myself to a new pair of Ray-Bans for Barcelona. 

Bought my current aviators in 2007. I have taken insanely good care of them, verging on the obsessive, and they barely have a scratch. My favourite sunglasses of all time.

But, oh wow, these new blue and gold ones are lovely and sexy.

Very nice!

I'm almost positive that we've got other animals that come into our yard at night to poop.   On Tuesday this week I cleaned up at least 22 piles of poop.  Now it's Thursday and I've just cleaned up another 10.

You can't tell me one 50-lb. dog can make that much poop in a week's time.  

Lol, two weeks before attending my very first trade show (we have professional accreditation, wooooo!), I just went through my Spannabis 2024 preparation tasks on Todoist.

After fifteen minutes prioritising all my tasks, guess what? Yeah, they're all Level 1.

FFS. :lol:

Edited by Spockydog