The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #8

LongRider

5 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

I'm almost positive that we've got other animals that come into our yard at night to poop.   On Tuesday this week I cleaned up at least 22 piles of poop.  Now it's Thursday and I've just cleaned up another 10.

You can't tell me one 50-lb. dog can make that much poop in a week's time.  

When we first got Maggie, she loved to eat the cat poop in our garden. Found out the hard way. :ack:

Also found out that Moggies really don't like dried orange and lemon peel shredded and scattered across the gravel.

I don't know what it is with dogs.  Most of them really love "kitty treats."   

I guess there must be some element or other in it that they need or are drawn to.  

2 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

I guess there must be some element or other in it that they need or are drawn to.  

Cat food is infinitely more palatable than dog food, cats are much fussier than dogs when it comes to their food. Their poo is 2nd hand cat food, as it were. And dogs in general have more/easier access to cat poo than, say, horse shit, so we see more dogs “enjoying” this treat but many also love this type of delicacy when produced by other species. My mum had a dog that would wait for the cat to do its #2 and then she’d rush to eat it while still warm. :ack:

So why don't we just skip the middle man and feed dogs cat food??

I feed my Katy a freeze-dried raw meat/fish food mixed with warmed broth to reconstitute it, so to speak.  I throw a little high-quality canned food in to add some texture and - - dinnertime!  

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cat food is infinitely more palatable than dog food, cats are much fussier than dogs when it comes to their food. Their poo is 2nd hand cat food, as it were. And dogs in general have more/easier access to cat poo than, say, horse shit, so we see more dogs “enjoying” this treat but many also love this type of delicacy when produced by other species. My mum had a dog that would wait for the cat to do its #2 and then she’d rush to eat it while still warm. :ack:

Well think of the bright side, it saves money on kitty litter... and dog kibble.

The rescue of the lady in cab of her semi truck dangle-ing off bridge...... You gotta see it if you havent yet.

Thats what we simply call BADASS !! where im from, real heroes those Emergency Workers.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

On 2/23/2024 at 9:47 AM, Fragile Bird said:

I don’t know what you guys have in the US, but there are no “watch repair shops” that I’ve ever seen in Canada. You go to a good jeweler, the kind that sells watches. They usually have a repair person on staff.

:o Surprising. We have separate jewellery shops and clock/watch shops where you can buy clocks and watches and have them repaired too. They are not the same as jeweller's shops.

18 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

The seven month old nephew liquid shit all over my arm. His diaper and shorts made no difference. 

Why!!!???

Could have been worse.

I'd rather shit on the arm than vomit in the mouth.

For the record our tiny shorkie hasnt yet been indulging on the delicious calico's gift droppings thus far.

I shall keep a watchful eye on this progession.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

On 3/2/2024 at 7:11 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

The seven month old nephew liquid shit all over my arm. His diaper and shorts made no difference. 

Why!!!???

Were you boring him? 

Edited by BigFatCoward

On 3/1/2024 at 2:09 AM, Tears of Lys said:

In my experience dogs are just drawn to anything that appears remotely edible...or not edible for that matter.

44 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Prediction: rich douchbags dying in record numbers. Curiously, their last words are all some variation of, "Hey, get a load of this!"

Elon Musk Claims The New Tesla Roadster Hits 60 MPH In Less Than One Second

It's been 6 years already.  How about just getting around to building the damn thing, Slick?

My prediction is rich douchebags killing loads of innocent people in record numbers. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Prediction: rich douchbags dying in record numbers. Curiously, their last words are all some variation of, "Hey, get a load of this!"

Elon Musk Claims The New Tesla Roadster Hits 60 MPH In Less Than One Second

It's been 6 years already.  How about just getting around to building the damn thing, Slick?

Honestly that's a horrible selling point. My now mostly dead G35X was hard to keep below 30MPH and that was actually a problem. This is so much worse. If they do release something like this that has to be a special gear you switch into. Imagine that thing in a parking lot/ramp or even just trying to park it in general.