US politics - Yes country for old men

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

The ignorance of history on this subject displayed in this statement is astounding.

It's not the 1960's anymore, love. We are in new worlds. 

7 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Heck if I know. I’m not in charge of the ever changing mess that is the English language. 

I dunno, I just thought it was redux.

7 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

In happier news, this happened a few months ago. 

Louisiana may get a second Democratic house member this election cycle. The old congressional maps were far too racist. 

This is still very much up in the air:

The issue will be decided by a special panel of three judges appointed by the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. A trial is set for April 8-9 in Shreveport to consider if the Legislature’s latest map is constitutional.

The judges essentially have three options: Keep the Legislature’s latest map, order lawmakers back to the drawing board or draw their own maps.

On the panel are 5th Circuit Judge Carl E. Stewart, who was nominated by President Bill Clinton and sits in Shreveport, and U.S. District Judges Judge Robert R. Summerhays and David C. Joseph, both nominated by President Donald Trump and sitting in Lafayette. The panel already has set a May deadline for a decision so candidates can know the districts they’ll run in for the Nov. 5 election.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

I dunno, I just thought it was redux.

This is still very much up in the air:

Dammit I thought the congressional district thing was a done deal. 

And I admitted I meant redux before you called me out on it. You can’t spot me an o?

Edited by A True Kaniggit

44 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

It's not the 1960's anymore, love. We are in new worlds. 

Yes, but the same old shyte keeps going down in the same old ways by the same old (and not so old, and young) idiots, jerkwaddies and reality deniers and those who fervently believe if I say so it is so. :thumbsdown: :P

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Good, the rest of us don't need to see your O face. 

Hey I'm not the one who asked.

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You can't spell Florida without O.

No joke. You can't. That would be Flrida. See, you need an O there.

Flrida. Pronounced Flrida.

Ya, it checks out. 

The English language wins again. 

2 hours ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

It's kind of significant, since, back in 2016, right wing Christians like my parents thought that Pence was the real guns behind the ticket: the true committed radical. The fact that a #2 who was so admired is not endorsing his old #1 should be significant. But, there's cult brain for you. He's not even a thought anymore. Fealty to the king is stronger than ever. If Pence is brought up in conversation, it's likely as a weakling (which...fair).

And today I notice a CNN video mentioning this story and that the list of former acolytes declining to endorse Trump is a ever growing list.

I didnt click on it but my sense is its more than just Pence that are off the clown car at least as far as endorsing another round of the Mad King.

23 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

And today I notice a CNN video mentioning this story and that the list of former acolytes declining to endorse Trump is a ever growing list.

I didnt click on it but my sense is its more than just Pence that are off the clown car at least as far as endorsing another round of the Mad King.

Well, a lot of them haven't made it explicit, but it's pretty clear the likes of Bill Barr (AG), John Bolton (NSA), John Kelly (Homeland Security Secretary and COS), James Mattis (SECDEF), Mike Esper (SECDEF), Mick Mulvaney (Acting COS), HR McMaster (NSA) are not fans.  I think that's the list you're referring to.  Another one of note is Alyssa Farah Griffin, who was a senior staffer in the comms department for about eight months.

Anyway, again, it doesn't really matter.  All of these people's misgivings have been made clear for years now.

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Hey! We were talking about redoux!

It’s not all about u you know?

Listen, I know your spirit animal is the cook in Apocalypse Now Redux, so can you please calm down. 

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You can't spell Florida without O.

No joke. You can't. That would be Flrida. See, you need an O there.

And you can't spell Germany without rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften. The world works in mysterious ways. 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Listen, I know your spirit animal is the cook in Apocalypse Now Redux, so can you please calm down. 

If you know my spirit animal is the cook in Apocalypse Now Redux, then you also know I can’t calm down. 

So what’s with the fake request?

1 hour ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

This is kinda amusing, in honor of said character, my old visual vfx director dubbed my department nickname to be Chef. 

edit: stricken for repetition  

Edited by JGP

1 hour ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

And you can't spell Germany without rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften. The world works in mysterious ways. 

A few things here.

1. It would be Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften. Nouns start with a capital letter in German.

2. It would only be Versicherungsgesellschaften, or short Versicherungen. Rechtsschutzversicherung is something a lot of people don't really need. If you don't go to court, you don't have that many legal bills. As a Doctor, or a therapist you might want to buy one for job related reasons (malpractice in plain speak), as a landlord you might want one, too.

Now I have the urge to slap you around with a Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmütze.

12 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

A few things here.

1. It would be Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften. Nouns start with a capital letter in German.

2. It would only be Versicherungsgesellschaften, or short Versicherungen. Rechtsschutzversicherung is something a lot of people don't really need. If you don't go to court, you don't have that many legal bills. As a Doctor, or a therapist you might want to buy one for job related reasons (malpractice in plain speak), as a landlord you might want one, too.

Now I have the urge to slap you around with a Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänsmütze.

To the bolded.

What is all that noise?

ENGLISH mother FRer, do you speak it?

https://youtu.be/ILLZqymJRZI?si=O3vv_r4zN7GUWkK1

6 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Doon ye really want to goon ther?

What?  Making fun of where someone lives?  Cuz you'd NEVER do that!