UK politics, Truss me, I really am that mental.

6 hours ago, Heartofice said:

There are rumours going around that Sadiq Khan might be in trouble in the London Mayoral elections. Susan Hall is said to be hoovering up ULEZ votes in the outer regions and there seems to be apathy and low turnout in general which might hurt Khan. 

Personally I am highly dubious of these rumours, even if it might not be a huge win for Khan. Susan Hall is just awful, and full scale moron, and as much as I also think Khan has just been a terrible mayor, there were zero credible candidates to challenge him. 

Having said that, the ULEZ thing really is a factor that has stirred a lot of ‘white van men’ into being political where they might totally uninterested in who is mayor. So who knows.

This seems to be completely incorrect, BBC is forecasting Khan with 43% and Hall on 33%. The close race is the West Midlands and whether the independent has taken enough votes from Labour to allow Street to hold on.

6 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

This seems to be completely incorrect, BBC is forecasting Khan with 43% and Hall on 33%. The close race is the West Midlands and whether the independent has taken enough votes from Labour to allow Street to hold on.

Yeah Khan has almost certainly won. Hardly surprising, hard to find a worse set of candidates to run against him

Lib Dems still 8 ahead of the tories, 1 council left to declare.
I was NOT expecting them to actually win that battle (or be particularly close).

Greens still running at better than a 50% increase in councillors.

West Midlands mayoral vote is close. They might just squeak through.

It would be annoying after such a run of results if they lost pretty much the last one on a coin toss. I don't want any shred of consultation for them.  

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Sounds like they did it. By less than 1000 votes. That's the way, crush their spirits. 

Some Tories/Tory media sympathisers will be reporting the narrow win as a catastrophe for Labour.

Hell, Andrew Mitchell is already saying that the recount means Street has either won or nearly won, and so it’s a good thing

20 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Sounds like they did it. By less than 1000 votes. That's the way, crush their spirits. 

1508 votes in the end. The left wing anti-war pro-Palestine independent got almost 70k and came third

Posted (edited)

The Dying of the Nightlight by Dan R R Wootton.

The inspirational tale of one brave journalist's battle against The Wokeadook. From his sub-linenian lair (hiding under his bedsheets), with his cock in one hand, and a phone hidden up his arse, Dangerous Dan will destroy any snowflakes who dare get in his way. 

Edited by Spockydog

7 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Lib Dems still 8 ahead of the tories, 1 council left to declare.
I was NOT expecting them to actually win that battle (or be particularly close).

It is usually their friend but the Tory vote has dropped enough that FPTP is really hurting them now. They have a lot more votes in total than the Lib Dems but because the Lib Dem vote is much more concentrated in particular areas they are getting more councillors. They also control twice the councils the Tories do now (out of those that were voting this year). A similar thing will likely happen in the General Election, probably not to the same extent but the Lib Dems can do a lot of damage to the Tories in seats where Labour aren't in contention.

It also seems a bad set of results for the Reform party, for all the hype about them they only got two councillors, less even than George Galloway's party.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Spockydog said:

One of the few occasions where it is entirely acceptable to tell a foreigner to just fuck off back where he came from.

Nah, you can keep him. 'Sides he's not a foreigner, both his parents are British, it was just an accident where he was born. He went home when he moved to the UK.

Edited by The Anti-Targ