Football, what the fuckball?

Being a goal up is preferable to being a goal down, but I'm glad the derby isn't played more often. I absolutely hate watching, just waiting for us to slip.

Also concerning that Mykolenko is doubtful for the second half. He's our only left back, and a good one at that.

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Also, that goal in United vs. Sheffield is 100% on Onana and not ten Hag.

The issue isn't really that Onana dropped a ricket but that we weren't about 4-0 up at the time. 

It was a risky pass from Onana but a part of that error is down to our positioning. Our back 4 are too flat when we try to play out from the back. Teams that are good at playing out from the back split the CBs with the fullbacks higher up the pitch with the midfielders and wide forward dropping a little deeper to provide passing options. It happens quite regularly that we end up playing risky square passes because of this poor positioning - in this instance, Dalot should have been further up the pitch and our midfielders and wide forwards should be dropping deeper. Onana has zero passing options in the middle of the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

You spoke too soon. It's about to become a 2 team title race thanks to Liverpool's inability to score.

And inability to defend set pieces.

Boy that was sorta defending (I guess?) by van Dijk.

3 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

van Dijk is in front of Tarkowski, and Tarky blocks him from getting to the duel. No idea who's supposed to pick up DCL - there was nobody around.

I see now that it's TAA. 

Thinking he can cover DCL in the air is deluded. 

6 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

I see now that it's TAA. 

Thinking he can cover DCL in the air is deluded. 

It’s not really. Liverpool, like everyone really, defend in a combination of zonal and man these days. I’d guess that’s probably in Van Dijk’s zone but he’s blocked and Alexander-Arnold is supposed to clean up any loose balls over the top. If anyone was directly picking up Calvert-Lewin it would have been deeper where he started his run. Szoboszlai also gets tangled up so it might have been him.

Frustrating way to end the season. Oh well, still a better year than it was expected to be at the start.