Football, what the fuckball?

50 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Obviously it's all turning out fine in the end, but I would say Arsenal were way too hasty in giving Emery the boot.

Nah. Emery manager now wasn’t same as when he was at Arsenal. He actually learned a lot from what went wrong. Emery is a good coach but Arsenal needed a true vision post Wenger and that was something Emery didn’t have.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I can argue with it

it should be Ollie Watkins

Yeah, you're right there. 19 non penalty goals and 12 assists playing for Villa. It should be Watkins.

Posted (edited)

Emery got sacked by Arsenal because his football was shit, a tortuous, soul- destroying, horseshoe of doom. And he insisted on speaking to his squad without the help of the interpreter he relied upon for his dealings with the media. 

His English was hilarious, and mostly unintelligible. No wonder his players were mocking him. 

And I'm pretty sure Aubameyang would have been one of the more vocal piss takers in the dressing room at that time. Arteta was sooooooo right to bin the cunt. 

Edited by Spockydog

Jim Ratcliffe visited United’s facilities at Carrington recently and followed it up with an e-mail having a go at how untidy the IT department was and threatening to cancel staff Christmas parties. 

A friend of a friend worked for Ineos and he encountered Ratcliffe fairly frequently and apparently he’s a massive dick. He’s not taking long to show that at United.

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Jim Ratcliffe visited United’s facilities at Carrington recently and followed it up with an e-mail having a go at how untidy the IT department was and threatening to cancel staff Christmas parties. 

A friend of a friend worked for Ineos and he encountered Ratcliffe fairly frequently and apparently he’s a massive dick. He’s not taking long to show that at United.

This fils me with joy. His reign as an cycling boss has resulted in a huge drop off in results from when it was team sky. Long may utd suck balls. 

Posted (edited)

I think Arsenal are lucky here. Raya's doing a bad job in that situation and is getting bailed out by the "goalkeepers are sacred"-rule.

ETA: that was about the disallowed goal. Game as a whole, Arsenal are clearly best. Superior in the first half, more even in the second.

Edited by Rorshach

Posted (edited)

Lenders to 777 Partners Allege Fraud, Double-Pledging in Suit.

Lenders to 777 Partners accused it of fraud, claiming that the Miami-based investment firm borrowed against $350 million of assets that either it didn’t own or didn’t exist.

Josh Wander, co-founder of 777 Partners, doubled-pledged assets backing loans to the firm and admitted to fundamental breaches of agreements, according to the complaint filed late Friday in New York federal court.

Plaintiffs Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP and Leadenhall Life Insurance Linked Investments Fund PLC are seeking unspecified damages and a court order barring 777 Partners from violating its obligations.

“To induce Leadenhall to fund their operation, Wander, along with his group of alter ego entities, ‘pledged’ over $350 million in assets as collateral to Leadenhall, knowing all along that the assets either did not exist, were not actually owned by Wander’s entities, or had already been pledged to another lender,” according to the complaint.

A spokesperson for 777 Partners and Wander didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment outside regular business hours.

The Miami-based fund’s finances have been thrust into the spotlight after it moved to take over Everton FC last year. The acquisition was held up for a time by a Premier League owners’ and directors’ inquiry into 777’s funding, though the league has since said it was “minded” to approve the deal subject to a number of conditions.

But the bid for the Liverpool-based football club has since faltered. 777 recently sought the extension of a deadline to repay a £158 million ($198 million) stadium loan, and Everton has held talks with restructuring advisers as it risks tipping into administration.

777 owns or has stakes in several football teams around the world and has a sprawling collection of businesses, including Australian budget airline Bonza, which in late April suspended operations amid talks over the company’s future.

The relationship of 777 to Advantage Capital Holdings LLC, a US insurance firm known as A-Cap, has also come under scrutiny. A-Cap and Kenneth King, its chief executive officer and chairman, are named as defendants in the suit. A-Cap didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment sent through its website outside regular business hours.

The case is Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP v. Wander, 24-cv-03453, US District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).

Edited by Consigliere

Just now, Consigliere said:

And Birmingham City has paid the ultimate price for their moronic decision to sack Eustace.

Yup, the lost Rooney  months. Saved my old Alma Mater, Plymouth Argyle, though.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Arsenal really deserve to be champions this season, as much as it pains me to say it.

And yet, I doubt City drops points. But we really did compete. 14-1-1 in 2024. Proud of the team.

Edited by Mexal

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't write Spurs off getting something against City though. They've caused City problems in the past few seasons including this one. Just like how Chelsea have been largely shit this season but somehow gave City a run for their money in all 3 games this season. Horses for courses and all that.

Edited by Consigliere