Lost Season 4 Part Deux

Werthead

Nope :PBSG will more than satisfactorily fill the gap. Unless it sucks massively of course, but I have faith they'll get things back on track.

Firefly satisfied me for like a week. There just wasn't enough of it

I should probably get into BSG at some point

There are rumors, specifically from TV Guide, that Lost producers are negotiating with ABC to possibly produce one more extra hour of the show this year. It might not happen though if ABC wants to stick to the schedule they have.

Two Hour Finale

I'm not sure if this is officially confirmed, but if this article is true, there will be a 14th hour of the show this season and it will be incorporated into a two-hour finale. So instead of 5 consecutive one-hour episodes after the break, it looks like there will be 4 one-hours, then another week break, and the two-hour finale would air on May 29th.

E! Online are generally reliable about this sort of thing, if only as this Kristin bird has the phone numbers of these people, so she can just ring up the head of ABC and get the full story from him, which nearly makes up for her being otherwise extremely annoying and obssessed with the Jack-Kate-Sawyer thing which is now so early Season 3.

The last couple of episodes were rebroadcast tonight with commentary, and there was some new information in the notes.

SPOILER: you know you want to read this
It's confirmed that 16 years ago Alex was kidnapped from Danielle by Ben, and that he is merely an adoptive father.

Before I saw this, I mentioned a theory to my friends that Ben could have been spending all these years raising Alex as a pawn, then led her to be captured by the Freighter Folk so they would think they had a good hostage to bargain with. I don't really believe it, but there's a chance that he's this hardcore.

Ok, I know this starts in the States on Thursday but Sky in the Uk are being crap and have nothing on their website but coming soon. Before we were only a couple of days behind so I just had to avoid looking at this topic for a few days. Has anyone heard when its starting in the UK? Or are they doing a BSG and holding back to air a double episode to start with.

Cannot wait. EEEk!

The last couple of episodes were rebroadcast tonight with commentary, and there was some new information in the notes.

SPOILER: you know you want to read this
It's confirmed that 16 years ago Alex was kidnapped from Danielle by Ben, and that he is merely an adoptive father.

Before I saw this, I mentioned a theory to my friends that Ben could have been spending all these years raising Alex as a pawn, then led her to be captured by the Freighter Folk so they would think they had a good hostage to bargain with. I don't really believe it, but there's a chance that he's this hardcore.

your theory wasnt far off. I would say Ben is that Hardcore, although for a slightly different reason.

Wow.

I think that sums up the big event of the evening - Alex. I was previously convinced that Rousseau was not dead...but after tonight, I'm not so sure. Which would be kind of a shame, because that leaves me wondering what the purpose of that whole storyline ultimately was. Although one of the first things that popped into my head was that in the last episode, maybe after Ben "wins" his was against Widmore...Rousseau comes out of hiding, puts a gun to Ben's head and pulls the trigger.

Anyway, other questions/comments:

- Ben waking up in the Sahara, disoriented and sick. Possible teleported off the Island somehow? Was it the Sahara where the bones of that polar bear with the Dharma tag was found? Was it just me, or did Ben's eliminating of the two horsemen seem a little too...Schwarzenegger/Stallone-esque? I've never really seen Ben as that martial-artsy.

- The whole beach scene...more time issues - the doctor is dead/the doctor is fine thing? At this point I think I'd just start throttling the scientist dude until he started explaining all these time issues.

- The smoke monster - can Ben control it? Or just summon it? I think the latter, as he obviously wants to get the hell out of Dodge after he calls it.

- Weren't there more people living in the village?

- Ben's comment (twice) about "changing the rules" - were there actually rules to some sort of contest between him and Widmore, or is that just Ben's stunned response to an enemy doing something that he doesn't expect?

- I found Widmore's speech to Ben fairly interesting, both from an information point of view (you took everything you have from me) and from the fact that here is a guy that is possibly the match of Ben in ruthlessness and thinking ahead.

- Ben waking up in the Sahara, disoriented and sick. Possible teleported off the Island somehow? Was it the Sahara where the bones of that polar bear with the Dharma tag was found? Was it just me, or did Ben's eliminating of the two horsemen seem a little too...Schwarzenegger/Stallone-esque? I've never really seen Ben as that martial-artsy.

- The smoke monster - can Ben control it? Or just summon it? I think the latter, as he obviously wants to get the hell out of Dodge after he calls it.

- Weren't there more people living in the village?

- Ben's comment (twice) about "changing the rules" - were there actually rules to some sort of contest between him and Widmore, or is that just Ben's stunned response to an enemy doing something that he doesn't expect?

- I found Widmore's speech to Ben fairly interesting, both from an information point of view (you took everything you have from me) and from the fact that here is a guy that is possibly the match of Ben in ruthlessness and thinking ahead.

I'm no expert, but,

1) The polar bear was found in Tunisia, which I think is where Ben landed/woke up

2) I'm guessing he summoned it. I just wonder what drew it straight to the soldiers... and how the leader guy lives through it (other than plot purposes or to have a mini-big bad)

3) I thought so too. I know they're extras and, in this case, red shirts, but can they at least try to make them seem like they matter?

4 & 5) I'm guessing Widmore is responsible for the original Dharma, so he once "owned" the island. They may have had communications since Ben took over, and they devised the rules of their game over domination of the island. That's the main "huh" for me. Why can't they ever just answer questions without creating a hundred new ones?

1) The polar bear was found in Tunisia, which I think is where Ben landed/woke up

It was Tunisia.

2) I'm guessing he summoned it. I just wonder what drew it straight to the soldiers... and how the leader guy lives through it (other than plot purposes or to have a mini-big bad)

I don't think he summoned it. I think he turned off the fence and the Monster was naturally attracted to the soldiers. If been could control it he wouldn't have had them run for the tree line. Big Bugger(Keamy) is a POS. I can't wait for Ben to deliver his comeuppance.

4 & 5) I'm guessing Widmore is responsible for the original Dharma, so he once "owned" the island. They may have had communications since Ben took over, and they devised the rules of their game over domination of the island. That's the main "huh" for me. Why can't they ever just answer questions without creating a hundred new ones?

That or Widmore is a descendant of the Black Rock captain, so his family has always thought the Island was theirs. When Ben pushed out the Dharma Initiative the game began. There is probably an interesting dynamic between the Hostiles, Others, Dharma and Widmores.

There's a slew of information to piece together, such as the date (and the murder, assuming Nadia died recently), Ben's banishment from the island (probably the 'box' that Cooper and the bear traveled in, and that Said didn't seem to know about), and a connection between the smoke and the ruins under the house. And don't forget a cabin and island that can decide they don't want to be found, even if they are surrounded with a circle of ash, or have regular air drops arranged to them.

However, in a recent interview the creators stated that the show is more about character than mythology, and we had a lot of it here. Sawyer jumping to the rescue of Claire and Hurley. Locke losing everyone's trust. Said's vengeance kick. And Ben's cracking voice.

Alex's execution was a very well crafted scene. The dissonance between Keamy's voice on the walkie and his distance was very effective in grounding the scene to Ben's perspective.

Archived