Lost Season 4 Part Deux

Werthead

Yeah, they've ackowledged that the grup is odd, which means there's some sort of explanation for it's composition. I'm guessing each of these people serves a purpose of some sort.

The Bitch = No clue here

She is an archaeologist. I figured that she was somehow going to explain the statue with 4 toes, or something.

Yeah pretty sure she is an Anthropoligist which is a different thing.

But if look at the crew besides the Captain and that Big Bugger (who is the First Mate? or whatever). They don't excactly look like Military types.

I mean if they want to do it with using gas or something, they need to a damm site more than 20 boots on the ground.

Especially when you logical make the jump from being able to fake a plane crash with a plane and 320 bodies to being able to get decent armed private security or atleast plenty of guns.

Also where the hell didn't they fit a second helicopter on that Ship, it barely fit the Huey and I seem to remember Niamois being a Bell.

Then the ship is that really the best Widmore could afford?

Especially when you logical make the jump from being able to fake a plane crash with a plane and 320 bodies to being able to get decent armed private security or atleast plenty of guns.

According to the last episode it was BEN who faked the plane crash + dead bodies.

According to the last episode it was BEN who faked the plane crash + dead bodies.

I think that's his point: going up against someone with these kind of resources at his disposal with just what they have on the freighter seems pretty stupid.

I'd guess that the mean woman is an archeologist seeing as she was present at an archeological dig and seemed to know what she was doing when they dug up the polar bear. Last time I checked Anthropologists could give two shits about digging up a polar bear no matter how oddly placed, zoologist maybe.

All Archaeologists are Anthropologists but not all Anthropologists are Archaeologists.

(Basically, there are four types of Anthropology: Archaeology, Cultural Anthropology, Physical Anthropology and Linguistic Anthropology.)

The lostpedia site says Charlotte's degree is in Cultural Anthropology.

Also where the hell didn't they fit a second helicopter on that Ship, it barely fit the Huey and I seem to remember Niamois being a Bell.

I don't think we ever actually saw Naomi's helicopter. We saw her emergency beacon, and we assume we hear the helicopter having engine trouble and crashing.

One of the Others, can't remember who, brought up the point if they actually saw it crash.

Given the fact that aircraft have so many issues around the Island it makes sense to have a backup. There were two helipads on the freighter, and you can usually push helicopters around easily.

What doesn't make sense is sending their most capable agent onto the Island by helicopter by herself.

Sayid pissed me off in this ep. I mean, granted, we know stuff he doesn't (like that HE is going to be working for Ben at some point), but still, he went all high-and-righteous on Michael's ass. "He's a traitor!" like he is SO outraged. I want to be like, dude, you TORTURED people. Not even just in the army. On the Island. So, pot, kettle, black? Your moral compass is probably fucked.

Ben. Have I mentioned I hate him? But he's amazing. He's a master manipulator. And these people were SO cruel to Michael.

(This makes it sound like I like Michael or approve of him. I don't. I never have. But I still don't think he's the worst person ever, or that he deserves this.)

Poor Alex!!!!!! God I hate Ben. That conniving son of a bitch.

:tantrum:

Great episode though! The promo for the restart up looks AMAZING. I don't think I can wait that long!!

Seriously, DB.

What. The. Fuck.

Is this where the helicopter pilot went to? On a "recon" mission with some of the guys who were practicing shooting things?

Anyone else think that the ship captain was going to say "I know" after Sayid ratted Michael out? And I realllllllllllllllly wanna know what makes Sayid start working for Ben now. I mean, you could taste his disgust with Michael's choice.

Thank GOD we get more episodes this year.

And oh yeah - I guess we won't ever get Danielle's flashback ep that the writers wanted to do. :( Damn, I wanted to see it, too.

The shooters could be The Others too. I was thinking Ben might have sent them out to be killed. Get rid of his daughters annoying boyfriend and mother, both of whom hate him.

And we'd better fucking get Danielle's flashback, goddamit.

The shooters could be The Others too. I was thinking Ben might have sent them out to be killed. Get rid of his daughters annoying boyfriend and mother, both of whom hate him.

That's what I thought too. Butter Danielle up by calling her Alex's mother, rely on Alex to know that Ben is crazy possessive about her, and it's easy as hell for Ben to get rid of the two people who are coming between him and his "daughter."

Poor Karl. I always wondered how he got on the island. Others can't have kids, after all, and there seems little point in bringing a random 17 year old kid. He doesn't seem to have any family or anything amongst the Others. Very odd.

Seriously, DB.

What. The. Fuck.

Is this where the helicopter pilot went to? On a "recon" mission with some of the guys who were practicing shooting things?

Anyone else think that the ship captain was going to say "I know" after Sayid ratted Michael out? And I realllllllllllllllly wanna know what makes Sayid start working for Ben now. I mean, you could taste his disgust with Michael's choice.

Thank GOD we get more episodes this year.

And oh yeah - I guess we won't ever get Danielle's flashback ep that the writers wanted to do. :( Damn, I wanted to see it, too.

I was convinced that the ship's captain was going to say that but of course we didn't get that chance. And Danielle might not be dead. The island only lets people go that it wants to, apparently. Hopefully the island still has some need of her.

On an entirely different note, I'm glad that we got to see Niomi again. Gods that woman is smoking hot.

I think Sayid's actions were perfectly understandable. Your talking about the guy who killed 2 of your people and then handed over 3 more of them to your enemies like a month ago. The same enemies he's now working for, which includes the people who've tried to kill you no more then a week ago. Makes sense to me.

It will be interesting to see what convinces Sayid to work for Ben, considering the look of disgust he gave Michael when he found out Michael was working for Ben.

Another question I just thought of: Who actually faked the plane crash? Widmore or Ben?

Another question I just thought of: Who actually faked the plane crash? Widmore or Ben?

I'd say Widmore. I mean, I know Ben is a liar, but I really don't think he faked the crash. But they both have good motives for doing it: Ben to protect the island, and Widmore to protect the island from anyone but him finding it.

I'm intrigued by this. They really want you to not be able to tell who's "good" and who's "bad."

Also: Anyone else laugh when it came to the list request?

Pretty cool that Miles knew Michael was lying - my best guess is he could see Libby following him. And it was awesome how she was bringing him blankets in the hospital - since she died going to get blankets for Hurley and her. She was wicked creepy this time around.

I thought Sayid's actions were pretty reasonable at this point as well. Obviously he knows something is up with the freighter people, but at this point he still believes Ben to be his main enemy. Sets up an interesting counterpoint since we know Sayid works for Ben down the road.

My main question - why didn't Michael reveal himself when he got back to civilization, and tell people that there were survivors of Oceanic 815 out on a island somewhere? The only reason can be that he didn't want to go to jail for murdering Libby and Ana Lucia. But I dunno...on the one hand, you reveal yourself, possibly save everyone else and count on them not turning you in. On the other hand, you have to live under an assumed name for the rest of your life, and take shitty jobs.

As an aside...I laughed at how the producers wanted to show Walt, so we get the brief glance of him behind the curtains...and it's still obvious as hell that he's 3 years older and twice his original size.

As for the shooting at the end...I'm not sure Danielle is necessarily dead. The shot that hit her was in the lower right abdomen...they can have her survive that. I'd originally assumed it was the Others, maybe led by Richard, but I'm not sure they'd shoot Carl...and I forgot that the helicopter was gone. Speaking of helicopters...someone upthread mentioned that there should be two helicopters...because Naomi jumped out of one that crashed. But in the flashback this episode, it's clear there was ever only 1 helicopter. Did Naomi's really crash (I thought it the folks on the island saw it crash in the ocean as Naomi parachuted down)?

From the previews...Aaron is confirmed as one of the Oceanic 6. So I guess all that stuff from the producers about the Oceanic 6 only consisting of ticketed passengers was a bunch of talking out their ass.

And lastly...Tom...gay?!?! Didn't see that one!

We haven't seen the Others use weapons as sophisticated as the ones used in these sheetings, they seemed like the ones in Michael's flashback used by the captain and his gunmen actually, so I'm guessing it's them.

Rosseau may not necceasrily be dead if the island decides that she has more work to do, as is the case with Michael and what was evidently the case with Patchy.

Archived