Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 Thread

Werthead

[quote name='Lord of the North' post='1312427' date='Apr 13 2008, 20.28']I'm hoping that Doc Cottle is the last Cylon. I love that character, and wish we could see more of him.

Oh, and at this point I'm guessing that Boomer's statement of there being eight Cylons in the Fleet has been pretty much discarded?[/quote]

At the time she made that statment Cavill and D'Anna were still in the fleet, so there were six unaccounted for. It's generally assumed that the others may have been Simons (since he wasn't known to be a Cylon until Starbuck returned from Caprica). It's also possible that Boomer subconsciously 'knew' that the Final Five were in the fleet as well, as that accounts for most of the rest (the same way that Six 'knew' there were twelve Cylon models overall even though she's not supposed to think about the Five).

It's also possible that Boomer was lying and came up with a figure out of thin air to save Tyrol's life.

RDM did say in that interview linked earlier that the final Cylon wasn't in the "Last Supper".

The thing against Zarek (or Cottle, or Gaeta) is the gender imbalance, which seems silly I suppose, given that even if the final Cylon is female, it'll be 7 male and 5 female rather than an even number of each. But still, 8-4 doesn't seem quite right to me. Then again, really, Zarek would be much more interesting than the female candidates. Unless Ellen Tigh turns out to have been the final Cylon, that is, but it'd be hard to figure out how she's around... Well, maybe she's on Earth.

[quote name='Ran' post='1312478' date='Apr 13 2008, 20.12']RDM did say in that interview linked earlier that the final Cylon wasn't in the "Last Supper".[/quote]
Was Dualla in that pic?

Hell, does anyone have a link to it somewhere?

[quote name='Werthead' post='1312311' date='Apr 13 2008, 20.23']
SPOILER: BSG 411
"A new discovery throws the fleet into chaos and despair." And the end of episode 10 is when they're finally supposed to find Earth...
[/quote]
SPOILER: BSG
Yep, and when they do it will probably be a deserted or post-apocalyptic Earth (with some survivors or none at all?). Since its revelations (plural), this might also be the episode where the identity of the four Cylons in the fleet becomes known; other episode description suggest that neither the 7 nor the colonials know who the four are until deep in season 4.0.

Some of those other descriptions are also very interesting; Roslin will be held hostage by a Cylon rebel group and be abducted by a hybrid (possibly both refer to the same event, but if so it's a multi-episode affair). The rebel group wants the Final Five to reveal themselves, and that of the hybrid is backed up by a promo that shows Roslin in the control room of a baseship (I suppose the hybrid does what she likes best - making a jump - while Roslin is onboard, for some reason).

At some point, Viper pilots and Cylons will work together to attempt to destroy a "resurrection hub" of "the enemy" (I suppose another group of Cylons), so there is a truce of some kind between the humans and some Cylons at least.

The interview is [url="http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/04/ron-moore-on-ba.html"]here[/url], as is a smaller version of the "Last Supper" picture. Dualla is not in it.

Dualla was not in the last supper pic; nor were Gaeta, Cottle and Zarek, the "usual suspects".

I think Boomer just a gave a number that she hoped Baltar would buy (he was only looking to see if she truly loved the Chief, anyway, the actual number didn't really interest him at the time) as being possible.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1312304' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.20']Unless your a straight man or a lesbian, you don't get a say in this.[/quote]

Well, I'm a straight man, and I'm the one who first questioned Cally's "hotness" in this thread. Is she ugly? No, not really. But I don't even think she's particularly cute. As Mandy stated, she's very...plain. Now, does the fact that she's always dressed in baggy overalls work against her? Sure, because if she has a smokin' body, we don't really get to see it offset the plainness of her face. That round, moon-pie shaped face just ain't doing it for me.

To be fair, I don't think Starbuck is particularly attractive either. A little too mannish - although perhaps the character is influencing my opinion there. She looked a lot better with the longer hair, IMO.

[quote name='HokieStone' post='1312498' date='Apr 13 2008, 16.32']Well, I'm a straight man, and I'm the one who first questioned Cally's "hotness" in this thread. Is she ugly? No, not really. But I don't even think she's particularly cute. As Mandy stated, she's very...plain. Now, does the fact that she's always dressed in baggy overalls work against her? Sure, because if she has a smokin' body, we don't really get to see it offset the plainness of her face. That round, moon-pie shaped face just ain't doing it for me.

To be fair, I don't think Starbuck is particularly attractive either. A little too mannish - although perhaps the character is influencing my opinion there. She looked a lot better with the longer hair, IMO.[/quote]

Bravo, you got a say. Thank you for contributing.

I'm not sure I'd say Cally is _plain_, but to me she's at best sort of cute, in a very girly sort of way -- there's something child-like about her features.

As to Sackhoff, no, I don't find her particularly attractive either. Not unattractive, I suppose.

So, who are the plain-janes among the men, ladies? Is Dean Stockwell the one to get your heart thumpety-thumping, or would one prefer a little Leoben action? Jamie Bamber need not be mentioned, with his toothsome smile and his posh English accent. ;)

[quote name='Ran' post='1312512' date='Apr 13 2008, 21.48']So, who are the plain-janes among the men, ladies? Is Dean Stockwell the one to get your heart thumpety-thumping, or would one prefer a little Leoben action? Jamie Bamber need not be mentioned, with his toothsome smile and his posh English accent. ;)[/quote]
Leoben is a hottie. I also think Tyrol is cute. ...That's it, really. Baltar is ok-ish, but personality wise, I'd sooner kick him where it counts. :P

I do not have your average taste in men, though.

[quote name='Mandy' post='1312529' date='Apr 13 2008, 17.00']Leoben is really, really hot. Yeah, I forgot him.[/quote]

Really? Interesting.

Must remember that on my next BSG re-watch. Might make the Leoben/Starbuck scenes creepier.

To introduce something utterly random to the equation, Scott Ian of the band Anthrax has been asked by the SFC to do a blog on Season 4, which is [url="http://blogs.scifi.com/battlestar/scottian/"]here[/url]. Interesting, if slightly bizarre, stuff.

[url="http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/index.php?clip=19&sub=qa"]This[/url] is pretty cool as well. A video Q&A with Michael 'Saul MF Tigh' Hogan. They've done a load of these with different actors, but Hogan has probably kept the lowest profile out of all the actors on the show. I've hardly ever seen a print interview with him before, so it was surprising to see him do this.

After being asked a somewhat tedious, "Who do like working with on the show?" question:

[quote]"My favourite scenes are the ones in my quarters where it is just me and the bottle, so my favourite person to work with on the show is me."[/quote]

:D

[quote name='Ran' post='1312512' date='Apr 13 2008, 16.48']So, who are the plain-janes among the men, ladies? Is Dean Stockwell the one to get your heart thumpety-thumping, or would one prefer a little Leoben action? Jamie Bamber need not be mentioned, with his toothsome smile and his posh English accent. ;)[/quote]

Do I get included with the ladies, Ran, or just the sistahs?

Baltar is hot, but Leoben gets my motor going. Truth be told, though, I thought Jammer was adorable. I imagine that after his spacing he was...less adorable. Ugh.

[quote name='TrackerNeil' post='1312702' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.05']Baltar is hot, but Leoben gets my motor going. Truth be told, though, I thought Jammer was adorable. I imagine that after his spacing he was...less adorable. Ugh.[/quote]

So you only go for Cylons or traitors, Neil? Somebody's going to have to revoke your Roslin-button privileges.

Archived