Favorite Fantasy Character

Oddy

Roland is definitely one of my favorites. Also a big fan of Ninefingers, Glotka, The Dogman, and West from first law. Fitz from farseer and Kvoth from king killer. Cant help but love Locke and his merry band. But my all time favorite character will always be Nighteyes from farseer.

Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser (arguably the Mouser a little bit more, but still the best bromance in fantasy)

Croaker from the Black Company

Boromir from Lord of the Rings

Mat from Wheel of Time (he is probably the reason why I am partial to charming rogues)

Shandy from On Stranger Tides

Waylander from the Dreanai Series

Julian from the Chronicles of Amber

Nobby Nobbs from Discworld

and probably countless others.

Kellus' weird robotic daughter who barely gets any screen time.

Theliopa POV for the win!

She seated herself opposite Leweth, trying to avoid his gaze. The complexities were legion. What was this strange emotion that animated his facial muscles? She looked up briefly, and sank into the probability trance. His increased pulse rate, the sweaty brow, wide-open eyes, lolling tongue… the bulge in his leggings, rubbed rhythmically by his left hand.

Help me father… is this another test?

Then she knew. These signs, so subtle as to be invisible to most world-born women, spoke of lust. The trapper wanted her. It only made sense, the old trapper had not known a woman for many summers. Another insight, which she added to her ever-growing inventory of facts about the interpersonal communications of those who surrounded her.

They are like children to me she thought, while enumerating π to the 100th digit in her head.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm consistent at least. Sam Gamgee was my favorite back in '08 and I see I listed him again upthread.

I'll add...

Galadriel

Cnaiur a/k/a Most Violent of All Men! (can't leave off his honorific, y'know.)

Trapis from Name of the Wind - the guy is seriously good people

Ulmo and Aule. Manwe kinda gave me a pain in the ass. I liked Varda, though. :love:

I admit to a fascination with Feanor - not because I like him, per se, but because that Elf was a real problem child, epically so, that he just is unforgettable.

Someone upthread mentioned the "Wonder Horses" Snowmane and Shadowfax - they rank HIGH on my list.

ETA: Oh, and somebody remind me of the name of the wonderful hound that helped Beren and Luthien in the Silmarillion. He was truly a gentleman and a scholar.

Oh, and Leto II. How can you not like a guy who gives up his humanity and becomes a gigantic worm to save humanity? I mean, c'mon.

Lymond - Dorothy Dunnett

Niccollo - Dorothy Dunnett

Fitz and Nighteyes - Robyn Hobb

Druss - Gemmell

Arya - GRRM

this list will change with what I'm reading, or read lately

J.R.R. Tolkein- Feanor, Turin

Michael Moorcock- Elric of Melnibone (One of the first dragon riders.)

Jack Vance- Cugel the Clever

Robert E. Howard- Conan the Barbarian

Gene Wolfe- Severian (If the Book of the New Sun is Fantasy not SF)

Joe Abercrombie- Nicoma Cosca (I'd rather hang out with him than Glokta and the Bloody Nine any Day!)

Archived