Denver coordination thread

Yagathai

Hi all,

This is Goalie Boy speaking for BlueRose. Her plane has an issue with it and she will not be leaving till 11am this morning (Thursday 7th 2008). She will not be in till 3pm Denver time.

Cheers

Aww - thanks for letting us know Goalie.

Is there anyone whose plane [i]didn't[/i] have any problems?

(Even Dunny and I were delayed 40 mins or so because the wind in New York changed direction and then they switched planes to one which was too small to take all the passengers and had to pump out some fuel just so the thing was light enough to get off the ground :rolleyes: )

[quote name='Ser Sean' post='1471525' date='Aug 7 2008, 08.59']Hi all, in Denver safe and sound.

What is the plan for the karaoke tonight?
Are we meeting before and heading down together and if so where and when?

See y'all soon!! :)[/quote]

*waves* at Sean and Chal

plan is to meet under the blue bear 7:30ish, and to sort out transport to casa bonita from there.

yea though it has been much slagged off by both locals and people on teh intrawebbs alike, I need to at least see this place. if we end up just doing chips and drinks, fine with me.

I believe in another thread Kat posted info for karaoke at Armida's, but here's a google map just in case. supposed to be under a mile from the convention center.

[url="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=840%20lincoln%20st%20denver&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3a%6ffficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl"]Armida's for the karaoke[/url]

I'm not working Friday and Sunday so I'll be able to make it these two days. :)

So what's the word on Friday? Any general meeting place? Or do I just look for people flashing the BWB gang signs? ;)

If anybody is still sober enough to reply that is :P

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1472415' date='Aug 8 2008, 06.23']I'm not working Friday and Sunday so I'll be able to make it these two days. :)

So what's the word on Friday? Any general meeting place? Or do I just look for people flashing the BWB gang signs? ;)

If anybody is still sober enough to reply that is :P[/quote]

Kat's made us little bwb badges, lots of us are wearing t-shirts you might recognise from the board (various GRRM ones and BwB ones, Iceman wearing a 'Blame Pod' logo and Mr X wearing 'Oh John Ringo No!'). Kat, pots, ztem etc. seemed to be planning to do a short hike tomorrow morning, so some BwB people might be doing that. I have plans to go to a panel at 10am (horses in F/SF room 506) but have a gap 11.30-1. I'll PM you my cellphone number. Dunno what other people are planning but I have a load of other people's numbers so it's easy to find out.

Sophie

[quote name='Sophelia' post='1472420' date='Aug 7 2008, 23.32']Kat's made us little bwb badges, lots of us are wearing t-shirts you might recognise from the board (various GRRM ones and BwB ones, Iceman wearing a 'Blame Pod' logo and Mr X wearing 'Oh John Ringo No!'). Kat, pots, ztem etc. seemed to be planning to do a short hike tomorrow morning, so some BwB people might be doing that. I have plans to go to a panel at 10am (horses in F/SF room 506) but have a gap 11.30-1. I'll PM you my cellphone number. Dunno what other people are planning but I have a load of other people's numbers so it's easy to find out.

Sophie[/quote]

So, no gang signs? :(

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1472433' date='Aug 8 2008, 06.52']So, no gang signs? :([/quote]

Psst we wouldn't put those on a public website. We'll have to show you the secret signs when we meet up ;)

P.S. You do know you are required to have a blue rose tattoo on your left buttock, ok?

[quote name='Sophelia' post='1472437' date='Aug 8 2008, 00.03']P.S. You do know you are required to have a blue rose tattoo on your left buttock, ok?[/quote]
You told me left cheek! No wonder you all were looking at me strangely....

Hello all-

We do not have the keys to the suite yet, but will have them by around 3:30 or so.
If you want to help set up the room, plan on maybe showing up around 4pm (call me or Mr. X for definite time and location). I'd like to set up from around 4-6pm. At this point most of y'all can go out and eat (forgoing dinner is a bad idea when you're running a party), and we should meet back at the party suite around 8pm to get the last-minute things taken care of (ice haulage being a big one).

Xray,

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1473256' date='Aug 8 2008, 16.07']Hello all-

We do not have the keys to the suite yet, but will have them by around 3:30 or so.
If you want to help set up the room, plan on maybe showing up around 4pm (call me or Mr. X for definite time and location). I'd like to set up from around 4-6pm. At this point most of y'all can go out and eat (forgoing dinner is a bad idea when you're running a party), and we should meet back at the party suite around 8pm to get the last-minute things taken care of (ice haulage being a big one).[/quote]

If there's anything I can do from 1500 miles away I'd love to help.

:/

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1473256' date='Aug 8 2008, 14.07']Hello all-

If you want to help set up the room, plan on maybe showing up around 4pm (call me or Mr. X for definite time and location). I'd like to set up from around 4-6pm. At this point most of y'all can go out and eat (forgoing dinner is a bad idea when you're running a party), and we should meet back at the party suite around 8pm to get the last-minute things taken care of (ice haulage being a big one).[/quote]
Do you guys have the suite number yet?

[quote name='potsherds' post='1473490' date='Aug 8 2008, 19.43']2220[/quote]
Thanks! Will it be the same tomorrow? I'm going to crap out tonight and stay home... Long week.

Have a shot or three for me. No family friendly place to stop you now. ;) Or magician for that matter.

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1473522' date='Aug 8 2008, 22.39']Thanks! Will it be the same tomorrow?[/quote]
Yes.

If you (or anyone else reading this) would like to come by early and help get the place back in order for the party, it would be much appreciated.

Guh....I lose at party cleanup. Sorry about leaving the place in a hurry this morning (particularly to the not-very-well-rested-but-definitely-overworked Xes) but I suddenly found out I was supposed to have checked out of my hotel 5 minutes before that. Anyway...thanks so much to Stego and Xray and Mr. X and everyone else who worked on the parties, you all are awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived