Denver coordination thread

Yagathai

[quote]No, you got newsletters. You can pick up your badge at check-in with your name and ID.[/quote]Beware though - prior cons have required (or at least wanted) you to bring the envelope that you received that had your newsletter so that you could get your ID form. Dunno if they've relaxed that, but try and find the damn thing if you haven't already left.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1470415' date='Aug 6 2008, 10.51']Beware though - prior cons have required (or at least wanted) you to bring the envelope that you received that had your newsletter so that you could get your ID form. Dunno if they've relaxed that, but try and find the damn thing if you haven't already left.[/quote]

I don't recall ever getting anything in print for this con, just emails.

[quote name='Michael Jon Snow' post='1470427' date='Aug 6 2008, 12.00']Teri and I are at the Cherry Creek Mall. Anyone around for lunch?[/quote]
I'm not in the mall (working about 20 minutes west of you), but there are some nice little resturants just north of the mall.

There's a French crepes cafe that is really good. Aside from the lunch and dessert crepes, the French onion soup is amazing (though it's probably too hot today for it...) . It's on 3rd ave between Detroit and Filmore. There are also a bunch of nice little shops around there for your wife to get in trouble in. :)

I just landed. I will post when I get checked in. I am staying at the crowne plaza. <br /><br />WOOHOO!!!!

ETA: I am all checked in. If you have my cell number, text me. If not, and you want to meet up PM me and I will give you my number.

Well...cheap has its costs. My flight from SFO to San Diego was delayed, missed my connecting flight, and the one I got bumped onto is also delayed. So I'll be getting to Denver around 8:30 or 9pm tonight. Yay! I love flying so much!

My only comfort is free, shitty airport wireless. And perhaps that bar over there.... :leaving:

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1470463' date='Aug 6 2008, 11.14']I'm not in the mall (working about 20 minutes west of you), but there are some nice little resturants just north of the mall.

There's a French crepes cafe that is really good. Aside from the lunch and dessert crepes, the French onion soup is amazing (though it's probably too hot today for it...) . It's on 3rd ave between Detroit and Filmore. There are also a bunch of nice little shops around there for your wife to get in trouble in. :)[/quote]

Wife??

Neither of us has one of those. :P

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1469113' date='Aug 5 2008, 13.17']Hey kids. I'm arriving butt-early on Thursday, and I can't check into the hotel until 3. Anyone have a room I can stash my bags in? I'll be showing up probably between 10 and 11AM, airline gods willing.

Who's up for brunch?[/quote]
You're welcome to stash bags in our room. We're in the Crowne Plaza.

Brunch also sounds good. Call me when you get to town.

Someone tell me who came up with this thing....updating weather reports every hour at :40. My plane boarded at 4:50, and once we sat down, they said, "Oh no, we can't take off because of bad weather in Denver and we won't hear back until 5:40, so you can get off again if you want." :|

Why did I not take the direct flight???

Awww Kat :( :grouphug:

For any stray BwB people in Denver tonight, a ton of us are going to Gumbo's cajun restaurant 1530 16th Street (near Blake street) for 7.15pm - at least 11 of us are going and MJS booked a table for approx 15 though they can accommodate more at tables nearby if more turn up.

[quote name='Dracarys' post='1470977' date='Aug 6 2008, 18.03']I get in at 11:00pm tomorrow. Not sure what folks had planned to be up to at around that time.[/quote]

[url="http://denver.citysearch.com/profile/1826680"]Karaoke!![/url]

[quote name='Teri' post='1470816' date='Aug 6 2008, 15.53']Wife??

Neither of us has one of those. :P[/quote]
lol

Well, I knew Jon didn't, and I guess I confused you with another Teri....

:stunned: :leaving:

j/k

Actually, there are so few "real" names on the board, I didn't even connect you with the Teri in his post unti later. :D

So, did you go for crepes or for mall food?

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1470985' date='Aug 6 2008, 17.09']Actually, there are so few "real" names on the board, I didn't even connect you with the Teri in his post unti later. :D[/quote]

Yeah, sometimes I forget I'm not in TTTNE here .....

[quote]So, did you go for crepes or for mall food?[/quote]

For lunch? We headed straight back to the Convention Center and met up with aforementioned BwB folks, then walked to a salad and panini shop on 16th St called Mad Greens.)

We're going to go try to find the bid parties now. Catch ya later.

Archived