Best Served Cold

Oddy

Hmm, I think it's time to start scouring the book stores around here. Probably the book I'm most excited to read in the near future :wideeyed:

Weird. Everything I got was paperback (ordered from UK). Very high quality paperback, but paperback nonetheless. I've never seen Abercrombie in hardcover.

After The Blade Itself, they released the books in hardcover and trade paperback at the same time so maybe that's why you didn't notice. Hell, I accidentally ordered LAoK in paperback when I meant to buy the hardcover.

On a side note, is Book Depository now allowing preorders?

After The Blade Itself, they released the books in hardcover and trade paperback at the same time so maybe that's why you didn't notice. Hell, I accidentally ordered LAoK in paperback when I meant to buy the hardcover.

That's probably exactly what happened. I just always thought it was strange that those books were never released in hardcover...the thought never occured to me that I was just wrong.

I guess so. I don't know, we'll see how it goes. Looks like they've dumped some money into the business - the website has had a major overhaul since I was there last.

I thought that Arbor Gold didn't like lame fantasy shit?

Have you read this depressing Abercrombie shit? Right up her alley.

I pre-ordered mine last night after reading this thread. :)

That's probably exactly what happened. I just always thought it was strange that those books were never released in hardcover...the thought never occured to me that I was just wrong.

That's too bad. I'm such a freak about getting hardcovers that I obsessively check to make sure it's not available in hardcover before I buy a paperback version.

I guess so. I don't know, we'll see how it goes. Looks like they've dumped some money into the business - the website has had a major overhaul since I was there last.

They renovated the site a few months ago (and the prices on most of the books went up a bit with it), but I haven't preordered anything there yet either. Here's hoping there's no problems :thumbsup:

Anyone else planning to attend the Best Served Cold signing in Bath on the 6th of June? (Tour info here.)

Tricky one. I was going to go to the London signing on the 5th, to meet up with the London BWB'ers. But the Bath Waterstones is, like, 5 minutes walk away. :unsure:

And that would free me up to go to the Bath cider festival racenight (featuring the Wurzels) on the 5th!

Tricky one. I was going to go to the London signing on the 5th, to meet up with the London BWB'ers. But the Bath Waterstones is, like, 5 minutes walk away. :unsure:

And that would free me up to go to the Bath cider festival racenight (featuring the Wurzels) on the 5th!

You like cider more than you like us. :cry:

Now, I could understand if it was a perry festival...

If any UK readers could let me know when they see this on the shelves (should be appearing in the next few days), so we can start the spoiler thread :)

Amazon just told me that they wont have it for another week now ( 8-13 June). Is this a general release problem or Amazon specific? I may just have to cough up the few extra quid and buy a copy at Forbidden planet on the day of the signing.

I had forgotten that this was coming out now. Good excuse to scurry to a bookshop.

Can't understand why you would want to do a book signing and live in Bath. Basingstoke would be so much more convenient and in Basingstoke there really are lots of buildings you would want to fire cannons at.....in fact come to think of it Basingstoke could do with being flatten and rebuilt in a twee Prince Charles sort of way with organic street markets on every corner and sheep being herded through the streets. Where are the Germans when you need them?

Won't be attending the Bath booksigning. Still recovering from the Park and Ride a few years ago with two toddlers :ack:

Was it wishful thinking or did i hear that a bookshop would be releasing this a week early. I mean i've looked around and still no book.

The online retailers have started shipping them and the book's official release date is Monday, so shops should start receiving deliveries of the book today or tomorrow. Most bookshops put out the books the second they get them, regardless of when the on-sale date is (JK Rowling honourably excepted), so I'd be surprised if some places didn't have the book on the shelf today.

Archived