Daniel Abraham

Tycho

Just finished a Shadow in Summer and it was quite good. Though I'm a bit confused,

is there a reason the Galts had to go through some elaborate conspiracy instead of simply knifing Heshai in the soft quarter?

Late to answer, but it hasn't been mentioned.

There was an apprentice ready to take up the binding (major-character-guy-whose-name-i-have-forgotten). I think the plan was to ensure seedless would be unbound iirc. Add to Galts would likely be held culpable and revenge enacted.

Reading a galley of THE DRAGON's PATH right now. No matter what he writes, there's something about Daniel Abraham's writing that feels fresh, invigorating, masterful. I can at least say this; everyone's excitement is justified ;-)

Is his non-Daniel- Abraham stuff as good? I guess the quality of writing must be the same, so it probably depends on the subject matter.

Is his non-Daniel- Abraham stuff as good? I guess the quality of writing must be the same, so it probably depends on the subject matter.

By non-Abraham stuff, I'm assuming you mean his written ventures as M.L.N Hanover and James S.A. Corey (with Ty Franck) ? Yes, just as good, at least to me. You need not worry; the Abraham benchmark of writing is still there. More of a different flavour, because I guess the pseudonyms not only signify the difference in genre, but the atmosphere and subject matter as well. I've only read one MLN Hanover ( a short story from Songs of Love and Death) and I enjoyed it. His short story collection Leviathian Wept and Other Stories is excellent. Considering I'm reading that and TDP at the same , I'm on a bit of an Abraham craze! Leviathan Wakes I hope to get to after that. I'll keep you guys updated with what my impressions are of that (no spoilers of course) when I get around to it.

And, since it is possible, would you guys like to see an interview with Mr. Abraham on my blog?

Anyways, off to exam studying! :cool4:

These reviews are making it sound like this could be Daniel's breakout (hopefully) without him having to sacrifice too much. I agree with Aidan's comments regarding Tor, who i think got it wrong in this instance (although I guess it's a numbers game for many publishers these days). I hope Orbit will reap the rewards.

Archived