DC BwB

Guest Raidne

Gods, I am so righteously hungover.

Thanks everyone for coming out - I had a [i]fantastic[/i] time hanging out with you all. Ini, damn, I can see why you left early, but still, you were missed. :)

Nora, I'm so glad you're OK - what happened?

[quote name='Mexal' post='1583018' date='Nov 9 2008, 11.00']I really hope someone took pictures so I can pretend I was there. Post them please![/quote]
I took a bunch of pictures, I'll try to get them up today.

[quote name='Raidne' post='1583001' date='Nov 9 2008, 07.07']Gods, I am so righteously hungover.[/quote]
Same here. Holy shit.

I took a few pictures as well, but I didn't bring the cable to upload them so I won't be able to post them until Friday.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1583081' date='Nov 9 2008, 12.43']Same here. Holy shit.

I took a few pictures as well, but I didn't bring the cable to upload them so I won't be able to post them until Friday.[/quote]

did you still get to go to the mall today?

You know, I actually don't feel all that hungover. I'm either lucky or still drunk, maybe both. Anyway, I had a great time! Nice meeting everyone and seeing some of you all again. I feel comfortable saying that any of you can hit me up whenever, since now youre real people and not 'internet' people. Also thanks to Raidne for setting everything up.

Are people interested in distributing AIM/MSN/Gtalk info and/or phone numbers to regional folks they've met? People can send info in to one of us and that person can send the info to everyone else.

Yeah, I'm okay, but geez that was one of the scariest things ever! So I'm driving back on 50, it's a bit past 3 am, I'm fine but tired. Got the cruise set on like 65/66, jamming out to my favorite driving CD, then all the sudden out of fucking NOWHERE this car comes SCREECHING up behind me. They swerve left (I was in the middle lane) so that they don't hit me (thanks), and then as they are pulling level with me (still screeching brakes), they turn SHARP left, SLAM into the metal railing in the median. Like, TWO FEET away from me. I was so lucky that I didn't get involved in that crash. I was just like staring in my rearview mirror at the sparks and like, the TIRE rolling away from the car...it was terrible! Then like a quarter mile later I freaked out and pulled over and started like crying. I called my friend who I have a very complicated relationship with because he was the only person who I knew would be up at that time, and he helped calm me down (and offered to come pick me up, despite the fact that was a) drunk as a fish and b) in New Jersey like 3 hours away.)

Anyway, I made it back safely, but I was terrified. I've never even seen ANY real car crash before, and certainly not one two feet away from me from someone trying to avoid hitting me. Phew. Stressful!

Besides that, it was FANTASTIC to meet/see everyone! What a fun group! :) I had been having this super shitty Saturday, and y'all helped turn that around so YAY! :cheers:

I'm noramunchkin on AIM if any of you want to bug me. :)

Yikes Nora, that's very scary. Glad you made it out unscathed.

[quote name='Colder Hands' post='1583154' date='Nov 9 2008, 11.18']did you still get to go to the mall today?[/quote]
I did! I just got back...my feet hurt...Converse are not ideal touristy shoes.

I walked down 17th, popped in on the White House, went past the Washington Monument, walked along the river to the Washington and Jefferson Memorials, walked up the other side of the Washington Monument, got a hot dog and a Gatorade, walked up to the mall, was disappointed, took a picture of the capitol building, then strolled back to my hotel. It was a beautiful day, too...perfect walking temperature. And the trees! The trees! The reds and the golds and the oranges, with leaves floating around... :)

I have to say, I love this city. You guys are so lucky to live here.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1583282' date='Nov 9 2008, 14.36']And the trees! The trees! The reds and the golds and the oranges, with leaves floating around... :)[/quote]

Told. You. So. :P

Did you get a chance to visit either of the war memorials (Vietnam or Korea) or the Lincoln? Those are my favorite in DC.

Glad you guys had a good time, I appreciate the phone call last night. Sorry about the weird conversation, JL, I could only hear
about 2/3 of what you were saying.

Nora, yeesh, that's crazy. I'm glad you're OK.

I'll have to try and come down to DC for one of these when I'm on the East Coast.

Wow. Glad your alright Nora.

I had a great time last night, and woke up feeling refreshed and happy, probably because I had managed to cut myself off after only a few drinks (ha! ha!).

I think my friend Jen also had a good time and with luck may be joining us on the board (though she wants to read the books first).

I think what I enjoy most is the sense that DC BWB is good people. And now Raidne and Colder Hands are here and only add to that. Was also very cool to meet the out-of-towners, AG, Eponine and Bellis. Definitely was fun night and felt like the group had good chemistry. Best of all, for DC? [i]No douches[/i]. Love seeing that.

[quote name='Starkess' post='1583237' date='Nov 9 2008, 16.21']Anyway, I made it back safely, but I was terrified. I've never even seen ANY real car crash before, and certainly not one two feet away from me from someone trying to avoid hitting me. Phew. Stressful![/quote]

Damn. That's scary.

Glad to hear you're alright, Nora.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1583282' date='Nov 9 2008, 17.36']I walked down 17th, popped in on the White House, went past the Washington Monument, walked along the river to the Washington and Jefferson Memorials, walked up the other side of the Washington Monument, got a hot dog and a Gatorade, walked up to the mall, was disappointed, took a picture of the capitol building, then strolled back to my hotel. It was a beautiful day, too...perfect walking temperature. And the trees! The trees! The reds and the golds and the oranges, with leaves floating around... :)

I have to say, I love this city. You guys are so lucky to live here.[/quote]

Yeah, think you picked the nicest time of year to visit. Autumn in DC is something else.

Glad y'like it here. Maybe we can get a NorCal defection. :P

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1583317' date='Nov 9 2008, 18.50']I'll have to try and come down to DC for one of these when I'm on the East Coast.[/quote]

There's always room for Bluray.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1583346' date='Nov 9 2008, 19.48']I think what I enjoy most is the sense that DC BWB is good people.[/quote]
:agree:

(Well, based on my brief experience with the DC BWB back in the summer.)

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1583317' date='Nov 9 2008, 15.50']Did you get a chance to visit either of the war memorials (Vietnam or Korea) or the Lincoln? Those are my favorite in DC.[/quote]
I made a horrifically embarassing mistake that I didn't even realize until I looked at a map [i]after[/i] reading this post. I won't get into the details, but let's just say that I will be going to the Lincoln Memorial tomorrow. :bang:

I'm thinking about Vietnam memorial as well...I haven't decided when I'm going to leave.

Archived