The Legend Begins...

Andhaira

[quote]Apparently, the series' shittiness has managed to finally become apparent to those who are important. At certain other places online, they are talking of trying to get the producers fired because they ruined Tairy's vision and are not remaining faithful to the books. And they're going to present ABC with a list of things that are wrong.[/quote]

Haven't the ratings been decent though? I've seen the show hailed as a success in a couple of other places, or at least enough to keep on the air for now. So how are they going to convince ABC to fire [i]Sam Raimi[/i] when he's delivered to tham a show which is doing decent business?

[quote name='TempestBrewer' post='1645147' date='Jan 11 2009, 21.17']Anyone know what's going on with Ep 8? Can't find it online anywhere yet.[/quote]

Apparently this was the episode I saw yesterday.

It includes 25 minutes of soft-core BDSM. That's pretty much all I took away from it.

[quote name='Dinsdale!' post='1645185' date='Jan 11 2009, 22.00']It includes 25 minutes of soft-core BDSM. That's pretty much all I took away from it.[/quote]

And people were saying they were deviating from the source material :P

[quote name='Dinsdale!' post='1645185' date='Jan 11 2009, 20.00']Apparently this was the episode I saw yesterday.

It includes 25 minutes of soft-core BDSM. That's pretty much all I took away from it.[/quote]
So that's the element that turned it around for TG? Is this the Truth he writes about that's so important?

Almost totally unrelated but I feared I had a massive black out because this thread is on page 18 and I thought it was on page 4 just before the weekend. But I realized this is the Doomsday Thread and not the good ol' TG bashing thread.

[quote]It includes 25 minutes of soft-core BDSM. That's pretty much all I took away from it.[/quote]

So the show is picking up, eh?

just a few steps til Nable cock

[quote name='BruceDonner' post='1645516' date='Jan 12 2009, 06.36']It's amusing to me how certain fantards are no longer spouting off about all the editorial control they personally had over the script. How soon we forget, eh?[/quote]

:lol:

That's a headshot!

[quote name='BruceDonner' post='1643603' date='Jan 10 2009, 10.57']Having just watched [i]Garth Merenghi's Darkplace[/i], I reckon that Legend of the Seeker could only be improved by having cameos with the Yeard himself, discussing the Important Human Themes that are featured in each episode. This was [url="http://sandstormreviews.blogspot.com/2006/09/terry-goodkinds-darkplace.html"]prophetically foreseen[/url] by theMountainGoat, and now I really really want this to happen...[/quote]
It warms my Lemming heart to see Min retroactively enjoying my old parody now that she has finally seen Darkplace - great show. If you have the time watch the DVD with the commentary turned on. They stay in character throughout and improvise through all 6 episodes, in places its just brilliant :rofl:

ETA: Also I keep meaning to pick up the sequel show to Darkplace called "Man to Man with Dean Learner" in which Dean Learner (he was the Hospital Supervisor in Darkplace) hosts a talk show and interviews many different strange characters including Garth Merenghi. No idea if its any good but got to be worth checking out I should think.

Perhaps this will be Tairy's next kick - hosting a talk show. Each interview would comprise 30 seconds of listening to the guest talking about themselves before Tairy launches into a half hour tirade about how they need to rise up and life their live.....

[quote name='Triskele' post='1645928' date='Jan 12 2009, 13.09']Mord'Sith episode is on hulu. Oh the horror...[/quote]

Hey! It was horrible. But the promise of red leather, skin tight red leather, trumps all that is wrong for the "true" fan with the episode...I mean, any little bits that came from the book in that episode were dashed on the rocks with everything else that was new...and not improved...

This show is godawful. It was fun to watch them butcher the already low rate source material... but now I'm getting nervous. These deviations are throwing nails in the coffin of future seasons left and right. Pull this crap off the air before Richard meets a direwolf in the woods, realizes he can warg, and goes off to let Kahlan know its time to start birthing some dragons so they can save westeros... i mean... the midlands. :-p

[quote name='Auburn Dragon' post='1648060' date='Jan 13 2009, 22.49']This show is godawful. It was fun to watch them butcher the already low rate source material... but now I'm getting nervous. These deviations are throwing nails in the coffin of future seasons left and right. Pull this crap off the air before Richard meets a direwolf in the woods, realizes he can warg, and goes off to let Kahlan know its time to start birthing some dragons so they can save westeros... i mean... the midlands. :-p[/quote]

This post is full of win.

[quote name='Dinsdale!' post='1645185' date='Jan 12 2009, 04.00']Apparently this was the episode I saw yesterday.

It includes 25 minutes of soft-core BDSM. That's pretty much all I took away from it.[/quote]

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Having said that the show is growing on me, in a xena non serious kinda way.

The good news is they are barely following the books so even haters might hate it but for different reasons p

Holy crap. I'm trying to watch the pilot episode right now on hulu. But it's really, really painful. If I had someone to watch it with and laugh at it with me, it might be different, but just watching by myself is getting overwhelming.

Right now I'm about half way through... I don't know if I'll be able to make it. A shared snigger is much better than one by yourself. And Kahlan's lack of acting ability is not outweighed by her boobies, heaving as they may be.

I clearly need to be making play-by-play snide comments as I watch the episodes and writing them as posts on this thread. That might allow me to endure the hardship. That and alcohol?

Ok, so I'm now watching episode 2.... or 3, as it seems to be known.
Time stamps indicate when things happen and my reaction to it...

First impressions:
Why is Kahlan always showing off so much cleavage? Is this her source of power?
And why on earth get a map that MAGICALLY tracks someone if it only covers a tiny area? I guess you're screwed if they walk off the edge of a map. Sure seems like a bad investment to me. But it can't be as rare as all that if a random bounty hunter can afford one.

8: Ok, so they're threatened by a bunch of random schmoes in a bar. After we saw them take out an entire regiment last time. Interesting... But rescued by a hot blond girl. Good to know that Richard is less capable in combat than a random girl. Good to know. Furthermore, we seem to be establishing that all women around Richard have to show off quite a bit of cleavage? I guess this will be a recurring feature.

10: Why do people in this world barter by randomly throwing coins onto the table? How about, you know, naming a price and then a counter-offer? Would that be so difficult? Maybe neither of them can count? Then again, the first guy just dropped a heavy pouch on the table. The merchant will probably be pissed when he finds out it was filled with tin, but hey, why check things like that.

12: Great, battles are made better by slow motion, clearly. And Richard just cut some crossbows in half. Leading me to wonder, once again, why he was scared of the people in the tavern.

15: How exactly did Kahlan 'decide' to lose her sister? A decision she apparently doesn't regret at all. Another example of the stunning dialog we're presented with in this.

18: Seeing them walking through this cavern, I cannot help but feel like the primary attribute of Kahlan is her lowcut dress. Does that actress have any.... qualities other than her cleavage? She certainly seems to be lacking any actual skill at acting.

21: For a Confessor, Kahlan sure can scream in shock at seeing a very old dead body. I'm not sure how she's going to turn into a total badass in the time to come. I guess this duality of her nature is a recurring element?

26: But she's only doing it because she needs to save her brother? The cheese is beginning to overwhelm me... I'm not sure how much more I can handle.

27: And of course all D'Harans are eeeeevil. It's good that we can establish these moral absolutes early on so we don't have any confusion later. Now we won't feel any guilt about killing them when it becomes useful.

29: The lessons of this episode are that male bounty hunters are inherently stupid and never trust anyone.

30: Kahlan always seems to warrant slow motion as well as slightly 'haunting' music. I guess this is because she's a 'witch'?

34: Richard seems to be just kind of helping people for no reason whatsoever. How on earth is this choosing life? It seems awfully altruistic to me. It stinks of death-choosing to me. What a lemming.

35: Oh those sneaky cheating D'Harans! They just threw her in jail! They really are the baddies! ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5WoLnOOlU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO5WoLnOOlU[/url]

Thank god they're blind and couldn't see that they walked [b]right by[/b] Richard and Kahlan.
Good thing we established how bad those guys are so that we feel no remorse about having just murdered them all by locking them in that cave with the scary mythical beast.

And we manage to finish off with Kahlan making a crack about Richard saving damsels in distress... Of course, that's why he saved [i]her[/i]! Is this some sort of attempt at irony on the part of the writers? I'm not really sure.

I was less staggered by the cheese this time, but then the show was only half as long. I think that left me more capable of dealing with it. Still, we established important things, like... D'Harans EEEEEVIL. Richard goooooooood. Showing lots of cleavage important.

Rare forms of magic abound, since it's not at all explained why a random cartographer happens to know how to make these special tracking maps.
But maybe this will be explained later and I'm showing too little faith... Maybe this is like the first season of Bab5? Okay, maybe not ;)

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1650860' date='Jan 16 2009, 12.12']First impressions:
Why is Kahlan always showing off so much cleavage? Is this her source of power?
And why on earth get a map that MAGICALLY tracks someone if it only covers a tiny area? I guess you're screwed if they walk off the edge of a map. Sure seems like a bad investment to me. But it can't be as rare as all that if a random bounty hunter can afford one.[/quote]
...see my avatar for the answer to your question.

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1650985' date='Jan 16 2009, 02.11']...see my avatar for the answer to your question.[/quote]
Point taken... It is indeed a source of great power.
And, as I believe I said later, it is her major asset.

Hey, the series doesn't even have 5 votes yet in order to qualify for a rating over at IMDB. Jump over there and give the show the rating it deserves.

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844653/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844653/[/url]

[quote name='EHK for a True GOP' post='1652344' date='Jan 17 2009, 07.28']Hey, the series doesn't even have 5 votes yet in order to qualify for a rating over at IMDB. Jump over there and give the show the rating it deserves.

[url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844653/"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844653/[/url][/quote]

Sadly, you can't vote with negative numbers...

Archived