MLB Thread

Myshkin

I heard about the Peavy deal this morning and I won't be totally shocked or crushed if he doesn't take it. With US Cellular being such a homer friendly park as well as in the AL...it seems like a set up he's really not interested in taking. I think what is important is that Kenny Williams is on the lookout for some fixes for the team, thank god!

Better to the Sox than another team in Chicago if you ask this Brewer fan =)

Also the Brew crew goes on a 7 game win streak and gets almost no recognition, but they lose and it is all over? The national spot light just does not like Milwaukee I guess =)

Props to Wandy Rodriguez last night. He pitched a hell of a game. Hopefully they can win the series against Oswalt tonight. The conversation about him being a hall of famer are totally backed up by me. He is a tremendous pitcher.

Apparently Peavy blocked the trade.

Maybe he watched a little of the 20-1 drubbing today.

This is why you never give a player a "no trade clause" or an approval clause. This guy doesn't want to play in SD, SD wants to ship him out but he only wants to play for "this many" teams. Ahhh rot in SD Peavy with all that perfect weather, great town and beautiful women. F - this guy...I so want to see this guy pitch in a dome now....

No way in he** Peavy signs that deal without a no-trade clause. The deal was very heavily loaded on back-end money, virtually assuring he'd be traded before it was complete. Only a maximum idiot would have taken a deal that practically forced a trade without some say in where the trade goes.

Jake has made it clear that he'd like to stay in the NL, would like a pitcher-friendly park and prefers a sure contender. The White Sox miss on all three. Another deal will get done.

The Padres got seven full seasons (ignoring injuries) out of him and never paid him free agent money. They got a good deal out of it. And it will work for Peavy as well - he can play somewhere he wants to play. Just as he would have if he'd played out his contract and gone in to free agency.

Jake has made it clear that he'd like to stay in the NL, would like a pitcher-friendly park and prefers a sure contender. The White Sox miss on all three. Another deal will get done.

In other words Peavy is a scared little bitch who doesn't want to risk his pretty little stats in the Big Boys league. Good riddance.

Man, the AL Central is just pathetic. ughhhh

I prefer the term widespread sub-mediocrity.

White Sox have a game today? Thought one was scheduled. Must've been rained out. Anyway, I'll be sure to catch tomorrow's game since today was a day off.

Does anyone know what the hell happened to Mauer when he was injured? The guy has been back for 19 games and has 24 RBI and 8 HR. Previous career high for HR is 13...in 140 games. I am pretty happy about that, but damn. :stunned:

Shows what kind of competitor, Peavy, really is. He is willing to stay in the shitfest known as the Padres, where he has no shot of making it to the playoffs. I certainly wouldn't want a mentality like that from my ace. Then again, I have the luxury of having King Cole as the ace of my team.

Shows what kind of competitor, Peavy, really is. He is willing to stay in the shitfest known as the Padres, where he has no shot of making it to the playoffs.

Incorrect. He will not be a Padre for long. He just doen't want to play for the Sox. Partially, one can assume, because he wants to be in the playoffs.

Shows what kind of competitor, Peavy, really is. He is willing to stay in the shitfest known as the Padres, where he has no shot of making it to the playoffs. I certainly wouldn't want a mentality like that from my ace. Then again, I have the luxury of having King Cole as the ace of my team.

The White Sox are 17-23. The Padres are 18-22. Should a guy who spent his entire career with one team be required to uproot his family, his life, to go to a questionable contender when he doesn't have to? What's the point of having a no trade clause then? Other teams are assuredly he going to be sniffing after him. He's likely going to have his pick of contenders at the trade deadline. Settling now is like marrying the acne covered band girl who let you get to second base one time. Sure she might blossom someday, but why not hold out for true love? Fuck, that's downright un-American.

This is why you never give a player a "no trade clause" or an approval clause. This guy doesn't want to play in SD, SD wants to ship him out but he only wants to play for "this many" teams. Ahhh rot in SD Peavy with all that perfect weather, great town and beautiful women. F - this guy...I so want to see this guy pitch in a dome now....

:rolleyes: Peavy earned that no-trade clause. And as Bronn said, it was part of the consideration that induced him to sign the contract.

He's probably going to get traded somewhere else anyway. He knows that. He's not choosing to stay in SD. He's choosing to not go to the White Sox.

The White Sox are 17-23. The Padres are 18-22. Should a guy who spent his entire career with one team be required to uproot his family, his life, to go to a questionable contender when he doesn't have to? What's the point of having a no trade clause then? Other teams are assuredly he going to be sniffing after him. He's likely going to have his pick of contenders at the trade deadline.

The Padres are already 10 games back, and are currently in the same division as the best team (record wise) in the league. The White Sox aren't exactly lighting it up, but at least they have a better shot to make it to the playoffs than the Padres.

There is no guarantee that he will be traded by the deadline. Some of the contenders might not meet the Padres asking price. Others might be scared off by this debacle. Having said I believe he will be traded, but the Padres will get screwed over.

Archived